• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Saburak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2021 SOLD, DH BLK BVA RECARO Ordered 😴
Yes in Sweden because in Sweden it is not directly Ford...it is Hedin
Hi,
My latest Mustang GT 2021 comes from Sweden. I always thought they were the same everywhere for the EU. What exactly changes? Logically, they are manufactured in the same place and have the same standards for the EU, right?
Sponsored

mobiax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY20
Hi,
My latest Mustang GT 2021 comes from Sweden. I always thought they were the same everywhere for the EU. What exactly changes? Logically, they are manufactured in the same place and have the same standards for the EU, right?
I'm not from Sweden so I can say that exactly. I think they sell it on behalf of Ford so the vehicles have the normale Ford EU warranty. But they probably have an influence on which configurations they can offer. But maybe someone from Sweden can be more specific

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Hi,
Hedin is the general importer! I believe it was in 2021 that they took over Ford Swedens operations.

Hence I guess they can maybe offer some more options. But this sounds strange as the cars would have to be homologated. E.g. if different options are offered e.g wheels or packages that is not common in EU. It could be that other countries where Ford is running operations will be offering the same just that it is not yet presented.

Last edited:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
I think I am officially out of the game.
There is one DH car with Recaros and that would run me 852900 SEK and the dealer is saying he cannot offer any discount ...... They said the same at one point for the M1 but reduced the prices on the last ones with over 130K SEK(M1 with the apperance package sold for 600k). However I guess there will in general be a lower volume on the S650 here so maybe they use that as leverage.

Just as a reference a new BMW M2 without even a phone call to hustle can be had for 785 000SEK that is a quite substantial difference. The road tax for the first three years is 10 000 SEK lower/year on the M2 as well. It's just too much money and specially with intrest rates at 6%+ now

This sucks, was really thinking on getting the DH

Last edited:
OP
OP
Evo1986

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
So typical from Ford that the new options weren't even shown on 1st February, but almost 2 weeks later. So what can we expect next? Getting more and more options every month? -.-

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
How does the EU regulate aftermarket upgrades to power? It's possible there may be a tune kit available in a few years, but the US is obviously more permissive in emissions.

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
A
So typical from Ford that the new options weren't even shown on 1st February, but almost 2 weeks later. So what can we expect next? Getting more and more options every month? -.-
I've asked that to the dealer and he told me those are all options you can litterally grab out of the shelf once you pick up the car, like the dashcam, winter tyres and the rubber mats.
So not a big deal,the shouldn't be anything like handling package or options that you can't put into your car once you pick it up.
At least here in Italy

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
I think I am officially out of the game.
There is one DH car with Recaros and that would run me 852900 SEK and the dealer is saying he cannot offer any discount ...... They said the same at one point for the M1 but reduced the prices on the last ones with over 130K SEK(M1 with the apperance package sold for 600k). However I guess there will in general be a lower volume on the S650 here so maybe they use that as leverage.

Just as a reference a new BMW M2 without even a phone call to hustle can be had for 785 000SEK that is a quite substantial difference. The road tax for the first three years is 10 000 SEK lower/year on the M2 as well. It's just too much money and specially with intrest rates at 6%+ now

This sucks, was really thinking on getting the DH
They may start discounting once they realise people aren’t going to pay £65k plus, for a car that, in manual transmission at least, is slower than previous years.

Its a real shame that Ford couldn’t find a way to make the last V8 Mustang generation more desirable this side of the pond. Im happy to pay £65k + for a Mustang, but based on the currently released stats, no way. We don’t even get the handling pack, surely they could have found a way to make it work with some changes over here.

As for the M2, one significant area where the Mustang is ahead is on design. Probably the reason they are discounting the M2s is they just look so bad.

Hopefully Ford will bring out a more special S660 Mustang soon, but the Dark Horse just seems a disappointment from what seen so far.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
They may start discounting once they realise people aren’t going to pay £65k plus, for a car that, in manual transmission at least, is slower than previous years.

Its a real shame that Ford couldn’t find a way to make the last V8 Mustang generation more desirable this side of the pond. Im happy to pay £65k + for a Mustang, but based on the currently released stats, no way. We don’t even get the handling pack, surely they could have found a way to make it work with some changes over here.

As for the M2, one significant area where the Mustang is ahead is on design. Probably the reason they are discounting the M2s is they just look so bad.

Hopefully Ford will bring out a more special S660 Mustang soon, but the Dark Horse just seems a disappointment from what seen so far.
I think you must have posted this about 20 times on various threads! They will sell a few hundred Mustang's a year without any problems, which is all they are trying to do. It is a minute market so we are lucky we get it at all. There are several people on here who have already ordered so clearly we (as I am one of them) are going to pay for a car with the same / similar performance as before. Standard GT starts at £55k by the way.

Handling pack geo / tyres are not EU compliant

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
I think you must have posted this about 20 times on various threads! They will sell a few hundred Mustang's a year without any problems, which is all they are trying to do. It is a minute market so we are lucky we get it at all. There are several people on here who have already ordered so clearly we (as I am one of them) are going to pay for a car with the same / similar performance as before. Standard GT starts at £55k by the way.

Handling pack geo / tyres are not EU compliant
Well that’s not true, like a lot of the nonsense you post, and there’s a lot of it! You must spend most of your days on here. Example above , we were discussing the DH and you respond talking about the price of the GT, or completely miss the point being made on the handling pack. Anyway I was responding to a post, so not sure why you’re getting involved?

You have ordered a dark horse, yes I think everybody knows that! Good for you. That doesn’t mean you get to shut down discussion that doesn’t meet your criteria.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
Well that’s not true, like a lot of the nonsense you post, and there’s a lot of it! You must spend most of your days on here. Example above , we were discussing the DH and you respond talking about the price of the GT, or completely miss the point being made on the handling pack. Anyway I was responding to a post, so not sure why you’re getting involved?

You have ordered a dark horse, yes I think everybody knows that! Good for you. That doesn’t mean you get to shut down discussion that doesn’t meet your criteria.
Yeah, that Gregs24 guy is a troll on this forum trying to be the smartass and always tries to make others look that they are wrong.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I have not ordered a DH :crackup:

The thread is about the EU configurator not specifically the DH

Point not missed on the handling pack at all - it will not be available in the EU for the reason I stated

No nonsense posted

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
How does the EU regulate aftermarket upgrades to power? It's possible there may be a tune kit available in a few years, but the US is obviously more permissive in emissions.
Of course you can upgrade power. You just have to measure and adjust the new pollution values since taxes are bound to this value - Otherwise it counts as tax evastion.

But S650 has an encrytped ECU. While there will be cracked ECUs in the future for sure, it becames quite expansive to gett a cracked clone of your ECU

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of course you can upgrade power. You just have to measure and adjust the new pollution values since taxes are bound to this value - Otherwise it counts as tax evastion.

But S650 has an encrytped ECU. While there will be cracked ECUs in the future for sure, it becames quite expansive to gett a cracked clone of your ECU
Which means it will not happen. No tuning company has the resources to get type approval for a remap.

The real problem is not just the encryption but also that for Euro 7 (or enhanced Euro 6 as it will now be) there will need to be an undefeatable monitoring system of the car that will stop the car if the homologated emissions are exceeded. So IF you can defeat the encryption, as soon as the car detects that is is running outside of the permitted parameters it will shut down (it gives a warning and then doesn't allow a restart)

The reality is that non OEM tunes are very unlikely.

mobiax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT MY20
Which means it will not happen. No tuning company has the resources to get type approval for a remap.

The real problem is not just the encryption but also that for Euro 7 (or enhanced Euro 6 as it will now be) there will need to be an undefeatable monitoring system of the car that will stop the car if the homologated emissions are exceeded. So IF you can defeat the encryption, as soon as the car detects that is is running outside of the permitted parameters it will shut down (it gives a warning and then doesn't allow a restart)

The reality is that non OEM tunes are very unlikely.
Euro 6 has no OBM. It is only mandatory for Euro 7 and S650 has Euro 6
Sponsored