• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

EU deliveries sooner than expected?

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Yes, when the Mach 1 came out it was around 70K€ in Germany and everyone was baffled and complained about the big price gap towards the GT. It also had mere 10PS more. Why is everyone so "shocked" about the price gap between the new GT and DH?
Sponsored

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just made an interesting spot on the UK webpage for the DH. I mean it could be fake or an optical illusion lol, but here it looks like as if the cupholders were illuminated as well. That would be awesome.

S650 Mustang EU deliveries sooner than expected? 1706818469524

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Except it includes the Torsen diff, additional cooling, Sync4, ACC included plus a year of 10%+ inflation.

Oh and the Mach1 list price was £60315 for MY22.25

So actually that £5k increase looks entirely reasonable
99% of people won't notice the difference with a Torsen LSD comapred to the LSD on S550. Again, additional cooling won't be noticeable to 99% of buyers.

The first Mach 1s were just over £55k. They also had 454hp, compared to Dark Horse 446hp. The Mach 1s manuals had a 0-60 of 4.8, but apparently the Dark Horse is slower at 5.2

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
For some reason if you open the configurator,select the Dark Horse and check the interior there's no electronic handbrake,just a little button. While the gt apparently has the lever🤔

Anyone knows if the remote start (and remote rev) will be featured on the euro version? I swear I've read that somewhere on a ford website

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
99% of people won't notice the difference with a Torsen LSD comapred to the LSD on S550. Again, additional cooling won't be noticeable to 99% of buyers.

The first Mach 1s were just over £55k. They also had 454hp, compared to Dark Horse 446hp. The Mach 1s manuals had a 0-60 of 4.8, but apparently the Dark Horse is slower at 5.2
Fine then, stick to the GT. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy the DH. You either see value in the 'upgrades' or you don't depending on how you are going to use the car.

First Mach 1 was 2021, which is 3 years ago during which time there has been a total of just over 20% inflation which equates to £66k today from £55k then. It also fits in with the Mach 1 in 2022.25 being £60k. So value wise it is the same. Mach 1 was £10k more than the GT, DH is £10k more than the GT. Pays your money and makes your choice.

0.4 seconds difference is only important to those playing 'Top Trumps'. I'm quite certain the reality is that there is no real difference. The repeatability of 0-60 in a manual car is within that range anyway.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fine then, stick to the GT. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy the DH. You either see value in the 'upgrades' or you don't depending on how you are going to use the car.

First Mach 1 was 2021, which is 3 years ago during which time there has been a total of just over 20% inflation which equates to £66k today from £55k then. It also fits in with the Mach 1 in 2022.25 being £60k. So value wise it is the same. Mach 1 was £10k more than the GT, DH is £10k more than the GT. Pays your money and makes your choice.

0.4 seconds difference is only important to those playing 'Top Trumps'. I'm quite certain the reality is that there is no real difference. The repeatability of 0-60 in a manual car is within that range anyway.
Let him be. It is not the first time he is insisting how bad the DH pricing is etc. To me it is still okay considering how the market and economy has changed in the last 3 years. If I look at other manufacturers (new C63 AMG with 4 cylinders, which costs full house around 150K€) for example, we should be lucky about the current price increase of the new Mustang.

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Glad we agree tht the DH is £10k more than the Mach 1 when released.
Anyway, I'm sorry but this DH is the most expensive, and based on released stats, the slowest UK Mustang V8 in manual transmission. Torsen LSD or not.
It seems that those who bought the 15-17 S550 GTs, definitely got the best deal. This DH is nearly twice the price of those.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude, stop comparing cars that came out almost 10 years ago. "When the Stang came to Europe for the first time, you could get it fully equipped for little over 40K" (or in your words: almost half of the prices now). Bla bla.....

Time has changed! Everything is more expensive, whether its your electricity bill, your groceries, car, mortgages ...you name it. Don't know if you slept under a rock the past 10 years... and comparing a newly introduced Mustang to Europe from back in the day with a DH....come one...

As @Gregs24 said: When the Mach 1 came out, it costed more than 10 grant than a GT. Now the DH is a few grant more than a Mach 1 and 10K more than a GT. If you don't like it, take a GT or drive your 2015 Mustang.

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
Blue Ember is a standard no cost option colour on the DH in UK. Paint colour doesn't affect homologation.
I think the blue ember is only available with a package that cost 1500€, could be the reason doesn't show the price increase.

About the prices... If you build an "european GT" in the USA configurator with AT 10 speed, Performance pack, magneride, red brembos... the price is over 60,000$ (no tax)

I'm not sure if Euro models get the 360 assist, remote start, the same active exhaust (same sound)...

Last edited:

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
the same active exhaust (same sound)...
Active exhaust yes, same sound definitely not due to the compulsory opf filter we have in Europe 😒

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Dude, stop comparing cars that came out almost 10 years ago. "When the Stang came to Europe for the first time, you could get it fully equipped for little over 40K" (or in your words: almost half of the prices now). Bla bla.....

Time has changed! Everything is more expensive, whether its your electricity bill, your groceries, car, mortgages ...you name it. Don't know if you slept under a rock the past 10 years... and comparing a newly introduced Mustang to Europe from back in the day with a DH....come one...

As @Gregs24 said: When the Mach 1 came out, it costed more than 10 grant than a GT. Now the DH is a few grant more than a Mach 1 and 10K more than a GT. If you don't like it, take a GT or drive your 2015 Mustang.
The 2015 Mustang V8 was about £34k, the Mach 1 about £55k and the Dark Horse is going to be over £65k. Im just clarifying the facts. Blame it on inflation or whatever but if you think that’s good value then good for you.

To think the new GR Yaris manual (released this year) is expected to have a faster 0-60 than a Mustang Dark Horse manual. A Yaris to beat a £65k Mustang in a drag race. How times have changed

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium

To be fair I bought my 2017 Mustang GT from Germany and with shipping and why not fully loaded it come to exactly 40 000 euro. Granted this was in 2019 when the new model was introduced. I spend another 11 000 euro in mods and performance wise (-tremac and cooling) my car is on par lap for lap with a A10 Mach 1. And A10 Mach 1 is like 60 000 euro or so. The Dark Horse at 72500 euro seams like a terrible deal mostly because anyone who cross shop cars in the segment will be looking into ether new M2 or used M4 for the same price and will get a better deal in brand recognition in Europe as well as a lot more performance granted this are Turbo cars you can't get V8 other than exotics and a Mustang.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The 2015 Mustang V8 was about £34k, the Mach 1 about £55k and the Dark Horse is going to be over £65k. Im just clarifying the facts. Blame it on inflation or whatever but if you think that’s good value then good for you.

To think the new GR Yaris manual (released this year) is expected to have a faster 0-60 than a Mustang Dark Horse manual. A Yaris to beat a £65k Mustang in a drag race. How times have changed
Of course a GR Yaris is quicker, it has 4WD! Also it costs the same as the Mustang did in 2015! for literally half the car (albeit a very good one)

Compare the Mustang to whatever else you can find for similar money. Oh and inflation is a real thing not an excuse!

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Of course a GR Yaris is quicker, it has 4WD! Also it costs the same as the Mustang did in 2015! for literally half the car (albeit a very good one)

Compare the Mustang to whatever else you can find for similar money. Oh and inflation is a real thing not an excuse!
On paper at least the previous Yaris (and new Yaris) was slower than the S550 Mustang V8. Now the Dark Horse at £65k + in manual is slower.

Okay I’ll compare the Dark Horse to a Yaris, BMW M2 and 4 litre GTS Cayman.

Blaming it all on inflation is lame, inflation say CPI or RPI is a measure of certain constituents that may not all be relevant. Plus it may be countered by more efficient manufacturing processes etc.
The question is more not about inflation but are people willing or can they pay for a £65k car that’s slower than a Yaris, with the V8 engine sound muted and no option for handling pack.

Got to love those EU regulations.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
The FL5 Type-R that is FWD is only 0.2s slower just saying 😜🥳
0-100 is not everything but still!

my 18GT was really strong for being a EU car! My trap speeds(and E.T for that matter) @201 and 402m was on par with US spec cars.

I giggle a little when US buyers complain about the pricing they have (and the fact that the fuel prices are like half or even less over there)

We get double shafted in Sweden due to the currency exchange as well :(
Sponsored

Last edited: