• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does a Dealer Need an Allocation for GT Premium?

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Update* Just spoke to my dealer and was told they have not even met their allocation number yet, and they will not even take an order from a customer if they do not have an allocation, so it seems I'm good, just waiting .

Anyone clarify? I ordered GT Premium 6/27 from a reputable dealer. Got priority 19, (although seems that doesn't make a difference?)

Received the email confirmation from Ford, not scheduled yet I figured because I have Nite Pony.

Now I read that dealers need allocations for all orders, not just Dark Horse, is this correct? Or does my Ford email confirmation mean I'm in the book awaiting scheduling?
TIA
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Every dealer needs an allocation for the order to get picked up by Ford.
So the Ford confirmation email means it was picked up?

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Anyone clarify? I ordered GT Premium 6/27 from a reputable dealer. Got priority 19, (although seems that doesn't make a difference?)

Received the email confirmation from Ford, not scheduled yet I figured because I have Nite Pony.

Now I read that dealers need allocations for all orders, not just Dark Horse, is this correct? Or does my Ford email confirmation mean I'm in the book awaiting scheduling?
TIA
Both of your questions are true. Your order is “in the system” once you have an email confirmation. As soon as your dealer has an allocation available your car will be eligible for scheduling.

Any car/truck/suv a Ford dealer orders needs to have an allocation before it’s eligible for scheduling.

The main difference is the DH allocations are just a lot more rare. And the scheduling is done manually from what I understand.

t4nk3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 200c AWD, 16 Jetta sport, 14 FLHTK
The real shame is there are people wanting to purchase a car from Ford but Ford says the dealer doesn't have an allocation so they won't build it. This imo puts the dealer in a relentless loop because they don't have allocations a majority of people will just order the car from a different dealer that has allocations which in turn gives them even more allocations...kind of a crappy system if you ask me

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
The real shame is there are people wanting to purchase a car from Ford but Ford says the dealer doesn't have an allocation so they won't build it. This imo puts the dealer in a relentless loop because they don't have allocations a majority of people will just order the car from a different dealer that has allocations which in turn gives them even more allocations...kind of a crappy system if you ask me
That is why deposits exist. Dealerships shouldn't be selling cars that they know wont be built, but since when are dealerships honest and fair?

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
That is why deposits exist. Dealerships shouldn't be selling cars that they know wont be built, but since when are dealerships honest and fair?
I put down a 1K deposit, non-refundable "unless" they can not deliver my order of a MY24.
So I could be waiting a long time for them to get an allocation or worse, wait a long time for end of production MY24 and be told, sorry we could not deliver.

OP
OP
JAM486HP

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
That just means it was accepted from Ford.
Your dealership will still need an allocation for it get picked up and scheduled.
Thanks, called my dealer, they won't even take an order unless they have an allocation, so I am good

RBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT Premium, 6 spd
I put down a 1K deposit, non-refundable "unless" they can not deliver my order of a MY24.
So I could be waiting a long time for them to get an allocation or worse, wait a long time for end of production MY24 and be told, sorry we could not deliver.
Was this is in canada by any chnace?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm assuming the dealer does not sell a lot of Mustangs.

Allocations are often gifted and weighted to those dealers which have previously sold more of that model. It's a two-edged sword.

Working with a smaller dealer or one in a lower volume sales area might get a fairer price, but the site might also wrestle with the issue you're experiencing. At the other extreme, those selling a lot can sometimes have difficulty getting enough allocations to meet demand.

No fault of the dealer. Ford is attempting to sell the highest volume of cars in the most efficient manner possible. Things often work well. Sometimes, not.

With Ford increasing production and now shipping cars, hopefully this will not be as great of an issue going forward.
Sponsored

Last edited: