• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What does priority code 03 mean?

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
After talking to ford / my dealer today I found out my order for my GT manual with NP is priority code 3. Is this good? AFAIK orders were only between 10-19, didn't know it could go lower than 10.

Apologies for another thread, just figured it's a different question.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Best code you can get. You're essentially number 1 at your dealer.

blunders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It's strange that you have priority code 3 and your vehicle hasn't been built yet. You should've been one of the earliest to be scheduled.

For reference, I ordered a GT, 401a, NP, AE with priority code 1 and it was built on 5/31.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
It's strange that you have priority code 3 and your vehicle hasn't been built yet. You should've been one of the earliest to be scheduled.

For reference, I ordered a GT, 401a, NP, AE with priority code 1 and it was built on 5/31.
I think it was just recently move to 3 after i've bitched at them about 20 times, when i ordered it the paper said priority code 19

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
After talking to ford / my dealer today I found out my order for my GT manual with NP is priority code 3. Is this good? AFAIK orders were only between 10-19, didn't know it could go lower than 10.

Apologies for another thread, just figured it's a different question.
Ford recently expanded the dealers priority numbers. It used to be 10-19 for retail orders, now the can use 3-19. I believe 1-2 are still reserved for Ford management and manual scheduling.

The dealer assigned priority (3-19) primarily only applies to orders from that dealer. If two identical cars are ordered from the same dealer and Ford can only produce one of them, for whatever reasons, the one lower priority would get selected. If two different dealers ordered the same configuration the priority has no impact.

This system allows the dealers the ability to prioritize between their customers. For example if a dealer only has 2 allocations for a Mustang but 5 orders pending, they can use the priority to indicate which of those 5 they want Ford to try and build first. If Ford canā€™t build the dealers 1st (lowest) priority the move to the next one.

Once the orders are selected the process is a little different.

Last edited:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I ordered 8/14 and got priority code 19 as well... I'm doing X-Plan so not sure what's going on.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I ordered 12/6 and got a Priority Code of 05. No news since then.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
My code is Priority 3 and it shipped in 84 days. No complaints, yet.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Priority 3 is the highest priority a dealer can assign. Mine was ordered Priority 3 and I received it one day short of 3 months. No complaints.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Bummer, somehow I got code 19, not sure why šŸ˜•
This ordering code business is very odd indeed?
I ordered my 2024 GT, 10 speed, 401A, Active Exhaust On February 19, 2024.
Received a priority code of 19 then I changed my order and added the active exhaust. Then I got an ordering priority code of 08.
The lower the priority code the faster you receive your Mustang
But,
If I read this correctly it will depend on your dealers allocation, for the Mustang.
My Ford dealership is Number one in the State.
I have not received any information from any source about my Mustang order.
Very confusing for sure.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
This ordering code business is very odd indeed?
I ordered my 2024 GT, 10 speed, 401A, Active Exhaust On February 19, 2024.
Received a priority code of 19 then I changed my order and added the active exhaust. Then I got an ordering priority code of 08.
The lower the priority code the faster you receive your Mustang
But,
If I read this correctly it will depend on your dealers allocation, for the Mustang.
My Ford dealership is Number one in the State.
I have not received any information from any source about my Mustang order.
Very confusing for sure.
I ordered my GT on December 6th at a priority of 5. I finally got scheduled for April 1. In the meantime, my dealer bumped my priority to 3. "Plenty of allocations".
It makes no sense to me as other folks who have ordered same (except for paint) or similar builds, AFTER my order date, have already had their vehicles built. One guy in eastern Canada received his GT in less than TWO MONTHS from order date!

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
I ordered my GT on December 6th at a priority of 5. I finally got scheduled for April 1. In the meantime, my dealer bumped my priority to 3. "Plenty of allocations".
It makes no sense to me as other folks who have ordered same (except for paint) or similar builds, AFTER my order date, have already had their vehicles built. One guy in eastern Canada received his GT in less than TWO MONTHS from order date!
I just looked at my order sheet and had a priority code of 19. I ordered my car on 2/9 and less than a week later i got a production date of 3/25 (or 4/1, which ever date Ford fells like using). Poor DCS order a car TWO FULL MONTHS ahead of me and gets the same week with a supposed priority code of 3. I figured it would be June or July at the earliest for my car to be delivered. Ford's scheduling department must be nothing more than drunk chimpanzee's throwing darts at a calendar.

Reactions: DCS

KABStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT convertible, 2024 Mustang GT conv.
I was the guy who got his car in less than 2 months from the order date. Dealer is in Canadaā€™s smallest province (Prince Edward Island) and serves a population of approx 50,000. They sell 4 or 5 Mustangs a year and the only one they have on hand is a Dark Horse in the showroom. My order showed as priority 19 and when it was ordered Jan 2, the salesman told me not to expect it until May at the earliest. I ordered a 10 sp, 401A, and AE in Atlas Blue. I think the dealer was as shocked as I was that it came so quick - trucked from the factory and now in my garage, half of the ā€œBlues Brothersā€.
S650 Mustang What does priority code 03 mean? IMG_6370
Sponsored