• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DH Front Bumper - Unpainted Portions

Do you like the unpainted portion on the DH front bumper?

• Yes, it looks good.

• No, it looks like the car is wearing a stupid batman mask. Ford, paint the whole thing please.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
I think I know the majority opinion but I'm curious to see what people think.
Sponsored

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
I can’t vote for either. I didn’t like it at first, but now it’s kind of growing in me. I also think it depends on the main color of the car too.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I like it on the darker colors, but on the lighter colors all I can think about is it looking like a Civic.
S650 Mustang DH Front Bumper - Unpainted Portions 2017-Honda-Civic-Type-R-111-1

S650 Mustang DH Front Bumper - Unpainted Portions 2024 Dark Horse - White

texas8709

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX4
I really want to see what a Dark Horse would look like with the plastic pieces painted body color. I feel like the car would look really good. Otherwise, I agree with the comment above that it depends on the color of the car. I think the black and Blue Ember DH look fantastic. But grabber blue, my favorite Mustang color of all time, I just can't get behind.

texas8709

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX4
I did a really quick Photoshop, I really think I'd like the lighter colors if the plastic pieces were body color. Maybe the downside for Ford was how much it seems to resemble the S550, pre 2018 refresh. IMO at least. Someone else may have already done a better photoshop of this, I'm not that good with it and just did it real quick. But I think it would really solve all my issues with the Dark Horse styling. And I wonder how easy it would be to paint those pieces if you had a DH.

S650 Mustang DH Front Bumper - Unpainted Portions 2024 Dark Horse - White

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
You could get it wrapped to match if you wanted to, just in case you change your mind later.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Dang! Those look good!
I never even considered how that would look body painted, since it makes the DH bumper unique.

If you are wondering if it can be painted, it can!
Look at the new Subaru WRX, people have been painting all the black plastic on the fenders and rear bumper body color.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i honestly think re-painting that piece of the front bumper is a crime. it looks really good to me.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Looks like eyebags, like the car hasn't slept. I *kinda* like the two-tone look it creates on cars painted white or black. Otherwise, it looks stupid, and should be fully-painted.

_J¢_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion
I did a really quick Photoshop, I really think I'd like the lighter colors if the plastic pieces were body color. Maybe the downside for Ford was how much it seems to resemble the S550, pre 2018 refresh. IMO at least. Someone else may have already done a better photoshop of this, I'm not that good with it and just did it real quick. But I think it would really solve all my issues with the Dark Horse styling. And I wonder how easy it would be to paint those pieces if you had a DH.

2024 Dark Horse - White.jpg
I did a similar Photoshop edit a while ago, a bit different, but this is what I plan on painting on my DH.

S650 Mustang DH Front Bumper - Unpainted Portions IMG_20230407_155742
Sponsored