• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealer forced Accessory Add-On's

MeMyselfandI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Speeding is wrong does that stop any one here. Probably not
I can certainly understand someone paying over for instant gratification. It’s just that ordering a car and waiting for it, opens your options up to all Ford dealerships. Every region has dealerships that want to compete for business.
Sponsored

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
My dealer did not even mention add-ons. When I mentioned window tint they referred me to a real pro down the street. The pro shop quoted me $600 for ceramic tint on all windows including the front. The dealership coordinated the work but made nothing on the job. In fact there was a scuff on the bottom of my splitter from the truck ramps. They agreed to pay for half the tint, repair the Scuff, and give me a loaner car. $800 under MSRP. Excellent small town dealership here in Tennessee (Eli at Lenoir City Ford).

IMG_2961.jpeg
Outstanding! Gotta love great customer service…a dying concept.

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
I can certainly understand someone paying over for instant gratification. It’s just that ordering a car and waiting for it, opens your options up to all Ford dealerships. Every region has dealerships that want to compete for business.
My dealer is only doing the mark up on the dark horse and that's it. I could have ordered a GT with no mark up but I didn't want to. Also most of what I have seen is most that have one on the lot is 20k or more mark up

OP
OP

AroDomi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, 2024 Mustang GT
My dealer is only doing the mark up on the dark horse and that's it. I could have ordered a GT with no mark up but I didn't want to. Also most of what I have seen is most that have one on the lot is 20k or more mark up
I forgot to mention this same dealer was asking for 30k over for the dark horse when I asked about the price. Imagine the 30k markup plus all these BS add-ons for sure over 100k for a Dark Horse :facepalm:

OP
OP

AroDomi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, 2024 Mustang GT
My dealer did not even mention add-ons. When I mentioned window tint they referred me to a real pro down the street. The pro shop quoted me $600 for ceramic tint on all windows including the front. The dealership coordinated the work but made nothing on the job. In fact there was a scuff on the bottom of my splitter from the truck ramps. They agreed to pay for half the tint, repair the Scuff, and give me a loaner car. $800 under MSRP. Excellent small town dealership here in Tennessee (Eli at Lenoir City Ford).

IMG_2961.jpeg
Absolute perfect dealership-customer relationship, wish there was one in California that treated their customers like that.

Buckeye630

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 442 W30, AT4
Hi Guys,

I'm kind of in a predicament, I ordered a Grabber Blue GT NP PP back in July and my build date is in October However my dealership received a couple of GTs this week so I decided to take a sneak peak at one and was able to drive one. (very nice in person, felt very smooth to drive) However, the point of this thread like the title implies was the non-negotiable add-on that I was not aware of when I ordered mine. I did get MSRP and price protection on my order but now the dealer let me know there are 6k add-ons to be added to the total price. I asked if maybe we could remove some since I would be having my own installed in the near future (e.g. Paint protection, tint, etc.) but was told no, "As soon as the car arrives these accessories are installed." BTW 1.5k for a digital plate?? I wanted to get some feedback from the guys on this and if maybe I should skip buying from this dealer and look elsewhere. My car has a MSRP of around 63k but with add-ons and taxes, the car is closer to 73-74k. Although it would suck to have to wait even longer I do not wanna get screwed over. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: sorry for the bad quality, not in town so asked my partner to take a picture. On the right side after the initial price you can see the listed add-ons(which btw he did not say anything till after I noticed) what do you guys think?

IMG_0968.jpeg
File a report with your state Attorney General

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
I forgot to mention this same dealer was asking for 30k over for the dark horse when I asked about the price. Imagine the 30k markup plus all these BS add-ons for sure over 100k for a Dark Horse :facepalm:
The problem is, some dumbass will pay it!

Ike99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Tacoma Pre Runner, 2016 Avalon
Admin should start a new thread to DOCUMENT the dealers who try and pull this shady business as well as a thread to DOCUMENT excellent dealers such as the one I just quoted at Lenoir City Ford.
Excellent idea! If their daily business practices mirror the values described herein, then they should be proud to display those values transparently and own them.

GreenBarkingFrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda S2000
Depending on the spec of the dark horse, it could already be at 70k before markup so I would say easily 100 110

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige
Hi Guys,

I'm kind of in a predicament, I ordered a Grabber Blue GT NP PP back in July and my build date is in October However my dealership received a couple of GTs this week so I decided to take a sneak peak at one and was able to drive one. (very nice in person, felt very smooth to drive) However, the point of this thread like the title implies was the non-negotiable add-on that I was not aware of when I ordered mine. I did get MSRP and price protection on my order but now the dealer let me know there are 6k add-ons to be added to the total price. I asked if maybe we could remove some since I would be having my own installed in the near future (e.g. Paint protection, tint, etc.) but was told no, "As soon as the car arrives these accessories are installed." BTW 1.5k for a digital plate?? I wanted to get some feedback from the guys on this and if maybe I should skip buying from this dealer and look elsewhere. My car has a MSRP of around 63k but with add-ons and taxes, the car is closer to 73-74k. Although it would suck to have to wait even longer I do not wanna get screwed over. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: sorry for the bad quality, not in town so asked my partner to take a picture. On the right side after the initial price you can see the listed add-ons(which btw he did not say anything till after I noticed) what do you guys think?

IMG_0968.jpeg
If I was you then I would ask to speak to the owner of the dealership and raise hell about it or escalate the issue farther up in Ford. Them forcing "accessories"/markups on anyone is ridiculous and should be illegal.

MeMyselfandI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Absolute perfect dealership-customer relationship, wish there was one in California that treated their customers like that.
I grew up in Santa Rosa and purchased my first car from a Hansel Ford. Don't give up, there are good dealerships you just have to do the leg work to find them.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The other thing I find brutal is the interest rate. My Ford dealership offered me 5.45% for up to 72 months, with zero down if I want.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
Come to Ray Skillman Ford, Greenwood Indiana and ask for Johnny Stewart. He will get you out the door in a GT or a GT premium with all the bells and whistles for less than $60k. It would be an awesome drive back home! Tell him Hunter Carter sent you. The highest rated ford dealership in the state easily.
Sponsored