• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Who said anything about physical gauges? (Although yes they are a still a better aesthetic.) 🙂 The current digital cluster in the 401A package is integrated into the dash without looking like a stuck on iPad. Why not just upgrade the graphics and functionality of that?

Mercedes has figured out how to better integrate bigger screens. The gauge cluster is a little too tablet like but at least they don't have a big bezel sticking up higher than the rest of the dash.

Screenshot_20221129-111527-01.jpeg
Ironically, this is one of my least favorite tablet setups. Portrait-oriented tablets are like the modern-day version of the once-popular waterfall dash designs. Too vertically-focused. Looks fitting in a comfy luxury car, looks less purposeful in a performance car.

Much prefer the unified panels that we’re seeing copy/pasted in the industry. All hail horizontally-focused dash design.
Sponsored

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
Ironically, this is one of my least favorite tablet setups. Portrait-oriented tablets are like the modern-day version of the once-popular waterfall dash designs. Too vertically-focused. Looks fitting in a comfy luxury car, looks less purposeful in a performance car.

Much prefer the unified panels that we’re seeing copy/pasted in the industry. All hail horizontally-focused dash design.
I agree the vertical dimension is too much in that example, but to me the tablet sticking up out of the dash (especially the base model S650) looks more unimaginative and cheap.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Have you looked any at all at the dodge last call editions?
What makes you think Ford would put a lot of effort into major changes for a mid-run refresh? Especially if S650 sales aren’t what they expect, they will not likely allocate funds and resources.
That's cool, but I do not.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I agree the vertical dimension is too much in that example, but to me the tablet sticking up out of the dash (especially the base model S650) looks more unimaginative and cheap.
The one benefit of having slabs at eye level is the ability to easily glance at information without diverting your line of sight, and that the rest of the dash doesn’t need to be raised to enclose them leading to an airier cabin and improved sight lines. But, I understand the common criticisms like “iPad stuck on a dash.”

I think the ideal setup would be a slim horizontal setup. What Porsche does with its latest cars is about perfect with today’s available tech (eg Taycan and 992).

I also really like what Honda does with the Honda “e.”

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
that's pretty difficult since no cars have been put on display. Unfortunately I envision they will be a spectacularly bad deal since they will be sold with ADM despite the rest of the economy going straight to hell.

I've been bombarded with "10k, 20k on all Blackwings" and yet a single "no, I'm not paying that" has them falling over themselves to come back to a token amount (2k) or MSRP. It's hilarious! And it's only November.

I think Last Call ADMs will be a bit more sticky.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The more I see that front end, the worse it gets. Just looks SO bad.

especially in lighter colors. What the heck were they thinking
I like the overall look of the front, it's just the ridiculous pairing of gloss black with matte black (or whatever color that is) and the eye black going all the way across the front. Black plastic looks cheap, and putting it where a car should be painted is almost never a good idea. It just looks awful. If the eye black was painted body color and the upper and lower grilles matched, it would look 100% better, IMO.

I also think the size of the rear diffuser and the larger Dark Horse spoiler make the tail lights look way too small in comparison.

I like the blue stitching on the interior, and I hope that's available on the Recaros as well. The shift knob was a bit underwhelming considering they kept saying that it was a 3D printed part or whatever, but that's easily changed out anyway. The blue color doesn't seem to match, but it could be because we're looking at a preproduction car through the window on someone's phone.

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
they kept saying that it was a 3D printed part or whatever
IIRC, it was 3d printed titanium
sounds really cool until you park in the sun one day and have to shift with oven mitts on

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Wow! That is a sexy beast! Ready to put my order in now! C'mon, Ford...open the order banks!

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
What makes you think Ford would put a lot of effort into major changes for a mid-run refresh? Especially if S650 sales aren’t what they expect, they will not likely allocate funds and resources.
Never ssid major, just significant ones for the better, because if there are low sales, that eye sore of a dash will be the reason.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I still don't love the plastic bits around the headlights, but looks good otherwise.

Also, excuse my ignorance, but is it just me or do the hubs look different on this car than I've seen on any 6th gen 'Stang? I know I've seen that kind of hub before... Does that indicate 2-piece rotors? That a Dark Horse specific thing?

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I still don't love the plastic bits around the headlights, but looks good otherwise.

Also, excuse my ignorance, but is it just me or do the hubs look different on this car than I've seen on any 6th gen 'Stang? I know I've seen that kind of hub before... Does that indicate 2-piece rotors? That a Dark Horse specific thing?
The front rotors look like 2 piece, which are on the current Mach 1. The rear rotors look like 1 piece, also like the Mach 1. I believe the GT350 had 2 piece rears, a little disappointing those didn't make it to the DH.
Sponsored