• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Heh, fair enough. I think the standard Recaros are excellent for a DD, enough lateral support for daily driving and the lumbar works perfectly for me at lest; zero fatigue on long drives. Could definitely be better for auto-x or track work. But there’s a serious difference in the hip bolstering on the Shelby Recaros, they’ll hold your ass in place as if you dropped a bar of soap in prison.
I fit into the Shelby Recaros at the track attack in Utah - probably because they were broken down from so many drivers. However, generally I end up on top of the bolsters because they are too narrow for me.

I'm sure the Recaros are great if you are the exact right size for them. It's too bad they can't at least have a lumbar adjustment. Heck, the Fox Recaros had that. It doesn't seem like it's too much to ask.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zstanny

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
The recaros in the new GT PP look like the Mach 1 recaros to me. Idk if they’d have another recaro option for the dark horse.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I am 5'9 and for me the seats are well enough. I currently have the normal seats, just because the Recaros had no heating/cooling function. I am glad that they brought that feature now in the S650. If the Recaros were powered as well, then it would have been a 10/10.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The recaros in the new GT PP look like the Mach 1 recaros to me. Idk if they’d have another recaro option for the dark horse.
That’s correct. Same as the Mach and every other Mustang model that offers Recaros except for the Shelby models that used a different bolster construction. I was just drawing up an assumption from the sketch posted for the DH in particular

OP
OP
zstanny

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True. It would be a box I would check if they offered it. Maybe it will at least mean the vanilla recaros will be standard for the dark horse.

That’s correct. Same as the Mach and every other Mustang model that offers Recaros except for the Shelby models that used a different bolster construction. I was just drawing up an assumption from the sketch posted

OP
OP
zstanny

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oooooh. Thought. Swap a single Dark Horse S/R seat for the driver 🥵

2019StangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 (ordered 12/21), 2005 Chevy Impala
“But I’m 6’4 325 and I ain’t got space in them stupid race seats. And I want to heat and cool my backsweat.”
The cloth recaros gave the best little happy hug.
Big guy here as well. I prefer the regular seats as you do. But the Recaros in the S650 will be heated and cooled.

OP
OP
zstanny

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was a satirical post. Just poking at how many big people don’t like the recaros. I’m just 6’1 210 and enjoyed the GT350 recaros (minus some low back sweat lol). Looking forward to heated and cooled.

Big guy here as well. I prefer the regular seats as you do. But the Recaros in the S650 will be heated and cooled.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Maybe a general question to those who experienced both seats. What are the pros and cons of both seats ( I am leaving out the cooling and heating function, because the new Recaros will have that on board).

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Maybe a general question to those who experienced both seats. What are the pros and cons of both seats ( I am leaving out the cooling and heating function, because the new Recaros will have that on board).
If your frame falls within the 95 percentile group and you’re sub 30% BF, I don’t see a downside to the Recaros outside of being stuck with manual adjustment. More lateral support, good lumbar. And superficially speaking, single shell seats just look way cooler.

I wasn’t a fan of the squishy bolsters on the standard seats.

OP
OP
zstanny

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magoooo! Had to google 30% for a visual 😂
If your frame falls within the 95 percentile group and you’re sub 30% BF, I don’t see a downside to the Recaros outside of being stuck with manual adjustment. More lateral support, good lumbar. And superficially speaking, single shell seats just look way cooler.

I wasn’t a fan of the squishy bolsters on the standard seats.
Sponsored