• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Handling Package April 2024 Purgatory

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Im in McKinney and in the same boat. only Bob Tomes says they were granted 7 allocations, but that the 2024 model year goes for 18 months. so far they had been granted one of the 7, not mine apparently...
Welcome to purgatory. Surprised they only have 1 of 7 pulled as they are pretty big; hopefully they pull a couple right off when they start back up and you get scheduled.
Sponsored

Cindy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP DIB
I was the 3rd allocation at my dealer. Mine got picked and built before the first 2 because they had appearance package and blue ember according to dealer. I was Atlas Blue and handling package. Order 4/10. Blend date was 8/11. Stated built 9/4. Arrived today.

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I was the 3rd allocation at my dealer. Mine got picked and built before the first 2 because they had appearance package and blue ember according to dealer. I was Atlas Blue and handling package. Order 4/10. Blend date was 8/11. Stated built 9/4. Arrived today.
Congrats! This thread doesn't really apply to you, but I'm happy that you got your car so quickly. The rest of us will be waiting until next spring at the earliest.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry no happy people allowed in the purgatory thread. ;)

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
Ive made many many calls about HP cars. All are sold or marked up ridiculous amounts that I am not going to pay. That being said, i am actively looking for a reasonable deal on a HP car, and would buy one if I find it.

I do hope the strike issues get sorted, i agree the UAW ask seems really high. I thought the most recent Ford offer was pretty dang good personally, I'm not sure what the UAW is thinking at this point.
The problem with markups on top of the DH + handling package is now you're in the price range of a C8 Z51 or a BMW M3 xDrive Competition.

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
The problem with markups on top of the DH + handling package is now you're in the price range of a C8 Z51 or a BMW M3 xDrive Competition.
True, though I'd still take the Dark Horse HP over either of those personally. Not a BMW fan and Im not fond of the base C8 either, they aren't out of my current price range. I'd probably lean toward a CT4-V Blackwing if I had to switch.

Either way, I have a price protected HP order at 71k that I am just going to have to wait until next summer for it is looking like. I have made 3 more inquiries on HP cars this past week, it's not gonna happen I don't think.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Is handling package same As performance pkg?the one you order manual auto10 speed?
No, they are not the same. The hardware is very different.

The concept of the Handling Package on the Dark Horse is similar to the Performance Pack on the GT. The Handling package is track day focused where the Performance Package is more spirited driving focused.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
No, they are not the same. The hardware is very different.

The concept of the Handling Package on the Dark Horse is similar to the Performance Pack on the GT. The Handling package is track day focused where the Performance Package is more spirited driving focused.
Thank you

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Anyone else excited for the 180 day email tomorrow or Monday? I know I am. I'm sure I'll get a 360 day email when it's all said and done. Funny watching some others complaining about 6 month delivery time when mine wont be delivered for over a year.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
I'm going to play an interesting chance game. Found an MSRP non handling pack order yesterday that a customer backed out on, and I bought it!

It was $68k but my original order is only $69k with the HP, because my original order is price protected and didn't have recaros.

I'm selfishly waiting for the prices to go up and for my original order to be delivered. Hoping the dealer will let me trade for no cost or maybe just the $1k difference since the used market on these will still be quite high for next season.

If that doesn't fly, I'll keep this one and slowly piece together the styling parts of the HP over the coming years.
S650 Mustang Dark Horse Handling Package April 2024 Purgatory 20230923_141316

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
Anyone else excited for the 180 day email tomorrow or Monday? I know I am. I'm sure I'll get a 360 day email when it's all said and done. Funny watching some others complaining about 6 month delivery time when mine wont be delivered for over a year.
I’m curious if our next update email still says 45 days for follow up, or if they will confirm nothing until April.

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
I'm going to play an interesting chance game. Found an MSRP non handling pack order yesterday that a customer backed out on, and I bought it!

It was $68k but my original order is only $69k with the HP, because my original order is price protected and didn't have recaros.

I'm selfishly waiting for the prices to go up and for my original order to be delivered. Hoping the dealer will let me trade for no cost or maybe just the $1k difference since the used market on these will still be quite high for next season.

If that doesn't fly, I'll keep this one and slowly piece together the styling parts of the HP over the coming years.
20230923_141316.jpg
That’s awesome and I would have done the same. I’m thinking about doing that with a Mach 1, if I can still find a manual around. Good luck!

Spaghettir101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Ordered 3/28 at Charlotte NC. They have 20 DH allocations (yes 20, they sell the most mustangs in the country every year). I am number 4 on the list. BE, AP, HP, Recaros. Only 4 got scheduled, and only 1 was with the HP and that was a managers car.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 3/28 at Charlotte NC. They have 20 DH allocations (yes 20, they sell the most mustangs in the country every year). I am number 4 on the list. BE, AP, HP, Recaros. Only 4 got scheduled, and only 1 was with the HP and that was a managers car.
Helps add color to day 181 of order to unscheduled clean for me. My dealer has 1 allocation, hoping at some point they should complete the 1/dealer circle before allocating large numbers to the same dealer. Pipe dreams for me.

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Did anyone get the 180 day email? I didn't on the 180th day nor yesterday, the 6 month mark of my order. I wonder if they are changing the system up at all?
Sponsored