• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Handling Package April 2024 Purgatory

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I did, at MSRP. Flew into Houston and drove it home. It's awesome!
Duuuude. So sweet. Congrats! I loved the white ever since I saw that one they had up in NY for some press event.

MSRP in Houston is almost unbelievable.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Duuuude. So sweet. Congrats! I loved the white ever since I saw that one they had up in NY for some press event.

MSRP in Houston is almost unbelievable.
I was shocked and said yes immediately. White was the color I was going back and forth on with red, and it was exactly what I ordered otherwise. Since I had no guarantee of getting my car next summer and was paying over MSRP at my dealer for tint and paint protection, it just made sense.

I hope everyone else gets their cars scheduled, really feel for everyone here.

Cirnek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 Ecoboost, 2018 Explorer Sport,
I was shocked and said yes immediately. White was the color I was going back and forth on with red, and it was exactly what I ordered otherwise. Since I had no guarantee of getting my car next summer and was paying over MSRP at my dealer for tint and paint protection, it just made sense.

I hope everyone else gets their cars scheduled, really feel for everyone here.
Congrats indeed Dub. I'm in Houston, looks like I missed that one ;)

IPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra AT4 6.2L, 22 BMX X3M40, 00 Honda S2K
I ordered mine in August.. ordered, unscheduled...We will see what happens in the next 3-4 months.

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Only 3 more months of purgatory until I get selected for allocation (Maybe?) 🙃

Drew86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse HP 19 Challenger Hellcat WB
I just took delivery of my Dark Horse with the handling package last Friday. My order slide right in before the cutoff.

I can't want to see more people taking delivery of their cars. My dealer wasn't expecting any Dark Horses this year. And were shocked my order was picked up.

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
Unofficial official thread for those of us with the Handling Package waiting to be scheduled in April or later.

Edit: This thread is for members that have not even been scheduled for production and have the Handling Package option. If you have been scheduled for production or had your car delivered, this doesn't really apply.

Please feel free to share updates and rumors here.

We are probably looking at February 8 or 15 for the first chance of April scheduling.

My info:
Order date - 3/27/23 Delear told me I had the first allocation.

Dealer was estimated to get 3 allocations per email in March, was revised in September to get only 2 for MY2024.

Dealer pulled first allocation in June, no handling pacakge available per email from regional inventory manager, scheduled another non-HP car. Dealer pulled second allocation in September for November production, unable to schedule HP until April production per Ford scheduling updates shown below. He is holding this allocation for me or I can drop the HP and get scheduled this month.

Screenshot_20230911_171836_Chrome.jpg
Well, I am no longer in purgatory. Been sent straight to Hell! Got the below email today and I walked away. Will try next model year for the HP

"Mustang Dark Horse RETAIL orders must have the 67P Dark Horse Handling Package removed, so they are eligible to schedule this Thursday, 11/30/23. Package 67P is not expected to be available for the remainder of the model year."

We understand this is disapointing but this has come straight from Ford and now us. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Right now the 2 options we have for you are to remove the package to see your Dark Horse order or we can refund your $1,000 deposit.

Have been prepping myself for this due to Ford F-ing everything up! Good luck to the rest of you!

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Well, I am no longer in purgatory. Been sent straight to Hell! Got the below email today and I walked away. Will try next model year for the HP

"Mustang Dark Horse RETAIL orders must have the 67P Dark Horse Handling Package removed, so they are eligible to schedule this Thursday, 11/30/23. Package 67P is not expected to be available for the remainder of the model year."

We understand this is disapointing but this has come straight from Ford and now us. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Right now the 2 options we have for you are to remove the package to see your Dark Horse order or we can refund your $1,000 deposit.

Have been prepping myself for this due to Ford F-ing everything up! Good luck to the rest of you!
Wow, that is tough. This is the first I have heard about it. I hope this isn't really the case... dang.

Edit: this almost confirms that it won't be available unless they walk this statement back....

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Handling Package April 2024 Purgatory Screenshot_20231128_231140_Chrome

Last edited:

IPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well this sucks!

Just shot a note to my dealer for their feedback. Once I hear back I'll provide an update.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Genuinely sorry to read that. I believe virtually all of us simply expected HP orders to rollover into 2024 and be built in the Spring. Maybe a quick confirmation from the Dealer, "Yes! Customer still wants!" Ford is an multi-billion dollar, international company. Seems like they could do something so simple? If Ford is attempting to lessen Customer enthusiasm for the Mustang and Ford vehicles in-general, this is one way to do that.

Last edited:

IPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I emailed my dealer and on a whim searched their inventory, and they show my exact build as "in stock", when I say exact its right down to the car cover I ordered. I took the VIN and checked it against my order number on the Ford site, and no hit. The window sticker also shows a blend date of 1/11, and production number of 333 of 732 scheduled for the day.

so what does it all mean? No idea, but hopefully i get some clarity when i hear back from the dealer, or hit ford chat once they open up at 8:30.

IPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I emailed my dealer and on a whim searched their inventory, and they show my exact build as "in stock", when I say exact its right down to the car cover I ordered. I took the VIN and checked it against my order number on the Ford site, and no hit. The window sticker also shows a blend date of 1/11, and production number of 333 of 732 scheduled for the day.

so what does it all mean? No idea, but hopefully i get some clarity when i hear back from the dealer, or hit ford chat once they open up at 8:30.
Plot twist, I must have read the blend date wrong, because I just got off with Ford chat, and my car has been built, shipped, and delivered to my dealer. All with no updates from Ford, or my dealer.

So, now I call the dealer and find out what's going on.

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
Genuinely sorry to read that. I believe virtually all of us simply expected HP orders to rollover into 2024 and be built in the Spring. Maybe a quick confirmation from the Dealer, "Yes! Customer still wants!" Ford is an multi-billion dollar, international company. Seems like they could do something so simple? If Ford is attempting to lessen Customer enthusiasm for the Mustang and Ford vehicles in-general, this is one way to do that.
It’s just insane! Can’t understand how they have screwed this up so horribly!

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Going to look today at DH with manual and AP, so basically what I ordered minus the HP and Recaros. Might be coming home with that one given all the sh$t on HP.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Going to look today at DH with manual and AP, so basically what I ordered minus the HP and Recaros. Might be coming home with that one given all the sh$t on HP.
Brought her home. Now on emergency garage work as was not expecting a car this soon.

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Handling Package April 2024 Purgatory IMG_2889
Sponsored