• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Actual Pricing

CT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Hello everyone - my DH with HP is set to build on 10/16. I am currious for those who have taken delivery of their DH already, did you pay MSRP or did you pay more “market uplift”?
My dealer did not give me an MSRP guarantee but they also didn’t tell me exactly how much the market uplift was going to be. Trying to get an idea of what people are actually paying above list before I go in to pick up. Thanks!
Sponsored

CarGuyBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse Blue Ember - 22 Mach-E GTPE - Bronco
My DH is set to be produced the same week and I have a signed buyers order for MSRP when I placed the order. You should also receive a $1000 privet offer from Ford for placing the order and waiting. You can chat or call Ford to see if there are any Private Offers in your name before going to the dealer.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If they ask for an ADM of more than 5k I'd personally just wait until April to order with a different dealer. That, or until they get their head out of their rear and offer the car to you at MSRP.

The Dark Horse is a phenomenal car IMO, but it's not that special. None of these Mustangs should be sold above MSRP - there's going to be tens of thousands of them by the end of next year, especially considering the 2024 is an 18 month production run. You're more likely to find someone trying to get one off their hands if you're patient, and may even run into a discount.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
My DH is set to be produced the same week and I have a signed buyers order for MSRP when I placed the order. You should also receive a $1000 privet offer from Ford for placing the order and waiting. You can chat or call Ford to see if there are any Private Offers in your name before going to the dealer.
What's this private offer? Pray tell.

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
Thanks for the info. I will certainly call for the wait offer when I finally get scheduled. I ordered 3/28 and not scheduled, so it will be next year. Maybe I’ll get $2k for the extended wait :)

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
If they ask for an ADM of more than 5k I'd personally just wait until April to order with a different dealer. That, or until they get their head out of their rear and offer the car to you at MSRP.

The Dark Horse is a phenomenal car IMO, but it's not that special. None of these Mustangs should be sold above MSRP - there's going to be tens of thousands of them by the end of next year, especially considering the 2024 is an 18 month production run. You're more likely to find someone trying to get one off their hands if you're patient, and may even run into a discount.
You’re not getting a discount on the Dark Horse anytime soon. And I will disagree and say it is a special car. I had a 2015 GT with Perf Pack and it’s not even close to my DH with Handling Package is. That being said, shouldn’t pay more than $1K ADM.

Last edited:

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
I have a signed purchase agreement with a deposit, at March 27 sticker price. Today I am $2300 below sticker because of Ford price increases.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a signed purchase agreement with a deposit, at March 27 sticker price. Today I am $2300 below sticker because of Ford price increases.
Same for me.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
You’re not getting a discount on the Dark Horse anytime soon. And I will disagree and say it is a special car. I had a 2015 GT with Perf Pack and it’s not even close to my DH with Handling Package is. That being said, shouldn’t pay more than $1K ADM.
I think I might have misphrased - the Dark Horse is special, but not "I'll pay 10k+ ADM for this car" special. I meant that while this is a nice car, at the end of the day it's still a Mustang - not a 911, McLaren, or some other exotic GT.

Maybe there won't be discounts any time soon but this car will still be your affordable performance car, like an M or RS. There's no need to pay more than its quoted MSRP. That's all I meant. 😄

gpellis87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 F150 Raptor, '22 X5
I think I might have misphrased - the Dark Horse is special, but not "I'll pay 10k+ ADM for this car" special. I meant that while this is a nice car, at the end of the day it's still a Mustang - not a 911, McLaren, or some other exotic GT.

Maybe there won't be discounts any time soon but this car will still be your affordable performance car, like an M or RS. There's no need to pay more than its quoted MSRP. That's all I meant. 😄
right, you can order an M car all day long at MSRP. I can’t believe dealers thinking a slightly different Mustang package is worth ADM. That said, I’ve had a few dealers offer their dealer orders of the DH at MSRP but they’re missing HP.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

True!

OP
OP

CT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Thank you everyone for your feedback. Yeah I don’t plan on paying over MSRP but the increase in cost from Ford are annoying too. I will certainly call Ford for that promo. Thanks. And hopefully the dealers start realizing the DH isn’t a C8 Z06 and doesn’t demand an ADM. only time will tell I guess but if more people say NO they’ll maybe stop that talk. 🤞🏻

JohnO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES F Sport, 85 Mustang GT modified
I was told that most dealerships are marking up the DH by at least $10K. I refuse to do that so I opted for a loaded GT instead.
Sponsored