• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CSX Train to Jacksonville - Hurricane Coming

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
My car is currently on a CSX train headed to Jacksonville, Florida, which is scheduled to arrive Wednesday, August 30. Guess what else is now predicted to arrive on Wednesday? A hurricane!!! 🌀 Hopefully it ends up as a tropical storm or less. We’ll have to wait and see how it impacts my delivery. 😝 Is anyone else’s car on the same train?
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Hurricane Franklin is presently expected to vector off, back into the Atlantic. :whew:

There is a tropical depression #10, forecast to cross FL, rain to be moderate in Jacksonville.

If things continue as expected, :please: it appears things will be OK. :like:

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Hurricane Franklin is presently expected to vector off, back into the Atlantic. :whew:

There is a tropical depression #10, expected to cross FL, rain to be moderate in Jacksonville.

If things continue as expected, :please: it appears things will be OK. :like:
Tropical depression 10 is the one to which I am referring. Looks like the projections are it will reach hurricane status before landfall. Hopefully it will be weak, but fast moving. My dealer is in south central Georgia, so right in the middle of the projected pat at this point. We’re used to dealing with significant amounts of rain, but high winds and slow moving/stalled systems can wreak havoc.

S650 Mustang CSX Train to Jacksonville - Hurricane Coming IMG_3838

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update from just a few minutes ago.

S650 Mustang CSX Train to Jacksonville - Hurricane Coming IMG_3839

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Agreed. Hopefully, crossing the land will weaken the system. Happy Thoughts.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.up.com/customers/track-record/tr053122-hurricane-preparedness-tips-2022.htm

I need to study this further. CSX had some tells of their storm policies.

So when hurricanes or large storms are approaching an area, sailors will sometimes leave port and drive to safety. I'd like to think rail carriers do the same, that they wouldn't drive into a hurricane but park and delay. Let the storm go through, inspect tracks, then resume operations.

The rail cars vehicles travel in, all the ones I've seen are covered, top and sides. Their not enclosed, like sealed, but it's protected. Enough where I can't see or tell the types of vehicles within.

But ya, hopefully things will degrade quickly shortly after landfall.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
My car is currently on a CSX train headed to Jacksonville, Florida, which is scheduled to arrive Wednesday, August 30. Guess what else is now predicted to arrive on Wednesday? A hurricane!!! 🌀 Hopefully it ends up as a tropical storm or less. We’ll have to wait and see how it impacts my delivery. 😝 Is anyone else’s car on the same train?
My car will head to JAX, probably not on your train though. Even if it were, I'm not worried about this storm, more of an annoyance for JAX. Lots of yard debris.

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True. With even a Cat 1 or 2 it will likely just make a mess which takes some cleanup time, but likely not a lot of major damage. May cause some car delivery delays by a few days.

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Living in Naples, where we have had our share of Hurricanes, let me offer you the advice of 'Don't worry about this, at all.' A CAT 1 hurricane crossing the entire state of FL will be a rain event by the time it hits you. I think your car will be just fine. Best of luck and enjoy it!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Tropical depression 10 is the one to which I am referring. Looks like the projections are it will reach hurricane status before landfall. Hopefully it will be weak, but fast moving. My dealer is in south central Georgia, so right in the middle of the projected pat at this point. We’re used to dealing with significant amounts of rain, but high winds and slow moving/stalled systems can wreak havoc.

IMG_3838.png
Hurricane Michael enters the chat...

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
How were you able to find out when your car would arrive in Jax? My dealer has been less than helpful in updating me with any shipping info. Ford chat has said it's been in New Boston, received at ramp 5M for a week now. Mine supposedly will be going to Jax as well, I live in central Florida.

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How were you able to find out when your car would arrive in Jax? My dealer has been less than helpful in updating me with any shipping info. Ford chat has said it's been in New Boston, received at ramp 5M for a week now. Mine supposedly will be going to Jax as well, I live in central Florida.
Ford chat support provided me with the CSX rail car number my car was loaded on. CSX has a tracking system available by phone.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Ford chat support provided me with the CSX rail car number my car was loaded on. CSX has a tracking system available by phone.
CSX's phone tracking system is next to useless. best bet for tracking is to have your salesperson look it up in VINView. i just tried to look up my railcar via their phone tracking system and all it told me was that it was released by the customer in mid june in minnesota

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. Every time I have called the Automated system it gave me the last arrival/departure location and the expected destination arrival time.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Nice! Thanks, I’ll ask them tomorrow. When did yours get loaded? Hope you get it soon!
Sponsored