• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cross shopping Dark Horse with C8/M4

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Opinions are not relevant here. The fact is the DH is a better car. To say the GT PP1 is equivalent to a DH is like saying the DH is equivalent a DH w/HP... they're not... and it would be delusional to claim so. Furthermore, to say that DH purchasers are braggards is like saying GT purchasers are unfortunate and neither can be assumed.

I like BOTH the GT and the DH but for very different reasons. The GT offers more customizable options, but the DH offers the TREMEC and I put a higher premium on the latter. Had the GT offered the TREMEC I may have gone in a different direction, but in so doing I wouldn't claim that my GT PP1 is like a DH, because it isn't.

Like you I suspect most DH owners will not have the opportunity to track their car, but I am sure if they could, they would (at least try it). I certainly don't plan to. However, I would most certainly love to take advantage of the Dark Horse Track Attack program and I am going to try to if for no other reason than to experience it.

Opinion or not it is rude for you to put down another Mustang enthusiast's choices simply because they don't align with yours. You've got a nice car as do I. That is where it begins and that is where it ends.
So you're upset, because my opinion doesn't match yours. Right. You feel im putting down other owners, right. Sad actually, and I'll just chalk this up to you being young or something or very sensitive. Let's move, good vibes around these parts so far. Great place to chat a out cars, but some of you are kinda strange in the way you respond. You'll be fine after a while, and you forget you just said opinions don't matter around here 😂. Everyone in here is giving an opinion, including YOU. As I stated, you'll be fine. I'm moving on now. You should too.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
All three are great options all have enough power to thrill. Go and test drive all of them and see which one gives you the biggest smile!

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
I’ll be honest…I have been looking at the C8 (lowest trim…1LT) and it can had at $72K with maybe a couple of small options. Though I have had six Mustangs in the past, my current sports car is a very low mileage ‘01 C5 Z51 six spd Coupe (second Vette prior to that a C4) but I must admit that I really enjoyed my Stangs much more in the driving experience. I have a DH on order since early September, but wondering if Ford will ever deliver it. I still cannot decide if I want the DH or stay with the Bow Tie.

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt
@MJS54 Did you get a an order confirmation email from Ford?

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See signature
I had a 16 GT, which I traded for the LC 500. Then I got my ‘23 M4 manual. I still don’t like the front end. But DAMN is it fun to drive. The S58 is an inline 6, not a V6, and while not as thrilling as the coyote, it sounds OK stock and pretty awesome with a single midpipe. Just a couple mods will put an M3/M4 in melt-your-face-fast territory. The B58 and S58 engines were developed with Toyota input and they are proving to be exceptionally reliable and can easily push 800+ hp on stock everything. The interior quality on the M4 is astoundingly good. That being said… I’m likely going to order an S650 GT manual soon.
S650 Mustang Cross shopping Dark Horse with C8/M4 IMG_6395

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
C8 , M4 or DH is pretty easy…🤣 The C8 is out because it is a boring car more like a Buick Reatta or Cadillac Allante a cruiser with automatic transmission…The DH I have not driven but a S550 Mach 1 which should be pretty close as also the M4 with the ugly front I really like because you stand out from the me too crowd which is good in my book.Between the BMW and the Ford it is a tough one since both can be had with a manual and the BMW even as a 4 door as a M3 or 4 wheel drive which is great for traction.The BMW has more power and nicer interior , the Ford V8 sound…Too bad we cant have it all in one package…😉

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
C8 , M4 or DH is pretty easy…🤣 The C8 is out because it is a boring car more like a Buick Reatta or Cadillac Allante a cruiser with automatic transmission…The DH I have not driven but a S550 Mach 1 which should be pretty close as also the M4 with the ugly front I really like because you stand out from the me too crowd which is good in my book.Between the BMW and the Ford it is a tough one since both can be had with a manual and the BMW even as a 4 door as a M3 or 4 wheel drive which is great for traction.The BMW has more power and nicer interior , the Ford V8 sound…Too bad we cant have it all in one package…😉
I'd rather have a dual clutch transmission any day. I can blip through the paddles and take twisties with both hands on the wheel. The C8 is far from boring. But, I understand some people still want to do some 20th century driving.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Only reason for a automatic is a) you got only one leg or b) you go drag racing…Otherwise a good manual and clutch is way more fun than any automatic be it dual clutch or torque convertor ! Especially a sports car is way more fun with a manual 👍

OP
OP
Mustang406

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I'd rather have a dual clutch transmission any day. I can blip through the paddles and take twisties with both hands on the wheel. The C8 is far from boring. But, I understand some people still want to do some 20th century driving.
I agree. I made my choice and went C8. It is not a boring car by any means

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Yep the auto in the C8 is the only thing keeping me from one. I need the engagement from a stick car or else I'm just bored out of my mind. I tried in my '18 GT A10 and actually really liked working the paddles on track but found it was boring as hell to daily for me. But, I understand some people still need both hands on the wheel to drive a sports car.

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I have a manual DH w/HP on order and been cross-shopping. I'm starting to think I won't get a 2024 MY and will end up losing my price protection for 2025 MY. I'm no longer looking at M4's because they don't do it for me. I'm currently looking at 2LT+ C8's, C7 GS's, and F-Type R's. The C7 GS popped into my mind recently since the Dark Horse is closely related in the sense of being a car to track and daily. The interior of the GS is not that much of a downgrade to the DH, some cases it has more features. But I would only get one of those if there isn't a C8 available in a trim that I like enough to get. If I give up my tracking aspirations, then I like the idea of getting an F-Type R.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
I wanted a C8, but dealer were playing games so I bought another Mustang. Plus it has a backseat, granted, not much of one, but it does have one. I can afford the BMW, but I can't afford to own it when the warranty is up.
Sponsored