• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Condensation under H-Pipe

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Just installed my H-Pipe this weekend and happened to notice a few puddles under the exhaust right where the clamps are. I am guessing that means I didn't get this pressed together properly or is this normal?

S650 Mustang Condensation under H-Pipe 1000044777
S650 Mustang Condensation under H-Pipe 1000044775
S650 Mustang Condensation under H-Pipe 1000044778
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Exhaust clamps are never completely air/water tight in my experience. As long as you don't hear or smell an exhaust leak you should be just fine. In fact, my F-150 that I installed a cat back system on has weep holes in the factory exhaust to let water drain out. Unless you weld the joints it's just gonna be part of upgrading your exhaust. My cat back drips a little at every joint when it's cold. Never been an issue. I would just drive and enjoy the beautiful sound that H pipe is going to make.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
They should not leak...I would move the clamps flush with the end of the pipes and see if this solves the problem...The mufflers have condensation drain holes put the pipes should be tight if manufactured and installed right...Have a mufflershop check it !

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Exhaust clamps are never completely air/water tight in my experience. As long as you don't hear or smell an exhaust leak you should be just fine. In fact, my F-150 that I installed a cat back system on has weep holes in the factory exhaust to let water drain out. Unless you weld the joints it's just gonna be part of upgrading your exhaust. My cat back drips a little at every joint when it's cold. Never been an issue. I would just drive and enjoy the beautiful sound that H pipe is going to make.
Thanks for the info I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out if maybe potentially I have some kind of exhaust leak I'm not 100% sure on what that would sound like but that is one of the reasons I in the first place was even looking underneath the car. I can't quite put my finger on it but this H pipe sounds quite a bit different than my previous setup I was running on my 2015 mustang. Don't get me wrong it sounds pretty damn good but it may even be a tad to loud. Which I would not have expected just from a resonator delete

Last edited:
OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
They should not leak...I would move the clamps flush with the end of the pipes and see if this solves the problem...The mufflers have condensation drain holes put the pipes should be tight if manufactured and installed right...Have a mufflershop check it !
I was thinking about having a muffler shop check it out thanks for the info

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Those exhaust clamps suck and are hard to get tight enough to stop leaking and when you do, they make it impossible to remove the pipes.

Most aftermarket exhaust do not have weep holes in the exhaust piping.

And your piping should be leak free.

If you want to keep those clamps simply rotate and tighten them.

Or you can get some good Lap Joint Exhaust Band Clamps. I have had good luck with them not leaking.

Jdio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 gt pp 2018 gt350 2003 cobra
it looks like the exhaust pipes aren't seated "pushed" in the x/h pipe far enough. need to push ln another 1.5 inches! loosten clamps, jack pipes even/level wiggle it in more. tighten clamps. the condensation is driping from the low spot in connection instead of completely blowing out tips.......

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Those exhaust clamps suck and are hard to get tight enough to stop leaking and when you do, they make it impossible to remove the pipes.

Most aftermarket exhaust do not have weep holes in the exhaust piping.

And your piping should be leak free.

If you want to keep those clamps simply rotate and tighten them.

Or you can get some good Lap Joint Exhaust Band Clamps. I have had good luck with them not leaking.
I agree those exhaust clamps suck. I've had better luck with some cheapos from AutoZone as far as getting them to bite properly. Case in point I broke one of the bolts (with a ratchet only, not an impact wrench) on the band style like the OP has while installing the exhaust tips.

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to provide an update to close this out I ended up taking the car to a muffler shop and sure enough the rear clamps on both sides were both loose. Took care of the condensation issue and the pipes sound much better now.
Sponsored