• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Shaking my damn head.

Seriously??

8,500 bucks??

And I'm not sure if it's just the pic, but the orange peel in the paint looks horrid. Ford has always skimped on paint (hell, my winter driving 22 GMC truck has great paint) but for 70k, you think they would at least try...

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Shaking my damn head.

Seriously??

8,500 bucks??

And I'm not sure if it's just the pic, but the orange peel in the paint looks horrid. Ford has always skimped on paint (hell, my winter driving 22 GMC truck has great paint) but for 70k, you think they would at least try...
looks like some animated video game crap.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Still think CF wheels are gimmicks on anything outside of the Illuminati-tax-bracket cars.

1. Their construction requires basic geometry so you end up with boring designs, so they’re not there for looks.

2. They’re prohibitively expensive to purchase AND repair, because a crack or chip often means total replacement. Have fun with that.

3. If you routinely track your car, chances are you probably have a set of alloys that are lightweight and durable that you’d swap on and off with your road-going wheels and tires. You can find hundreds of forged wheels that are very close in weight to CF wheels for a fraction of the price. They also don’t look like Nintendo 64 models.

I think these exist for 1) magazine reviews—better road-going qualities for journalists to report and better lap times for instance, 2) garage queen collectors, and 3) people that have an incomprehensible amount of disposable income that aren’t worried about the purchase or replacement costs—but why would they even be looking at a DH in the first place, you’d think they’d be sitting in a decked-out GT500 or something from say Porsche’s RS lineup.

They kind of made sense on the GT350R and more-so the GT500 CFTP because those were absolute top of the line, no expenses barred bespoke projects.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
but the orange peel in the paint looks horrid. Ford has always skimped on paint (hell, my winter driving 22 GMC truck has great paint) but for 70k, you think they would at least try.
it's a 28,000 car paint job. well, not even. but they aren't about to track which body is a DH and treat it differently in the paint booth.

Are Ford process engineers so bad at their job they really can't do any better? Or is Mr. Quality's accounting minions prohibiting them from revising procedures for better outcome?

OP
OP
Dub347sbf

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
it's a 28,000 car paint job. well, not even. but they aren't about to track which body is a DH and treat it differently in the paint booth.

Are Ford process engineers so bad at their job they really can't do any better? Or is Mr. Quality's accounting minions prohibiting them from revising procedures for better outcome?
Oh without any doubt, I would say it's the bean counters. It's not a lack of knowhow I would guess. I would just think that the bean counters would allow better quality. But it goes back to that ol' saying of "it's worth what the people will pay for it".

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Those look dope. Digging the solid, chunky look they provide, adds to the sharper and more muscular design.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
So glad ford decided to use a terrible design for the carbon fiber wheels, now I can blame the design instead of my finances as to why I didn’t get them

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring