• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car won't start . . . Latest update

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Thought I'd give everyone a quick update on the issue with my car. I've been communicating with Ford via email on this forum. They've asked a number of questions, and I thought they might be working with my dealer to find a solution to the issue. I don't know how common the problem is, but it seems like others are experiencing the same issue as well. Ford's email today advised me to take my car to the dealer to have a well trained technician look at it. Really? Sorry, Ford. I did that 3 days ago. Spoke to the service manager at my dealership just a few minutes ago and was told they had to order some type of harness, which is coming directly from Ford's supplier. Couldn't give me an ETA on the part or when my car will be repaired. Well, at least I got to put 380 miles on it. 😉
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Thought I'd give everyone a quick update on the issue with my car. I've been communicating with Ford via email on this forum. They've asked a number of questions, and I thought they might be working with my dealer to find a solution to the issue. I don't know how common the problem is, but it seems like others are experiencing the same issue as well. Ford's email today advised me to take my car to the dealer to have a well trained technician look at it. Really? Sorry, Ford. I did that 3 days ago. Spoke to the service manager at my dealership just a few minutes ago and was told they had to order some type of harness, which is coming directly from Ford's supplier. Couldn't give me an ETA on the part or when my car will be repaired. Well, at least I got to put 380 miles on it. 😉
Harness makes me think of that other thread that mentioned something about unshielded right side. Gonna see if I can locate it real quick.

edit: add link to mention.
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/service-soon.158485/post-3235723

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I think they should GLADLY give you a loaner

Last edited:

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
Ford's email today advised me to take my car to the dealer to have a well trained technician look at it. Really? Sorry, Ford. I did that 3 days ago.
That is all the Ford account does on these forums. They falsely get people’s hope up that they will help.

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
That is all the Ford account does on these forums. They falsely get people’s hope up that they will help.
I have to admit I'm very disappointed. Even though my car is just a toy, I'd like to drive it a little more before it goes into storage. I can't imagine what it would be like for those who depend on their car as a daily driver. Don't know why, but I have a gut feeling it will be at the dealership for another 2-3 weeks until the part comes in. I had planned on taking it on a trip to Indiana tomorrow. That obviously isn't going to happen. Even if they had fixed it this week, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable taking it on a 400 mile trip. Don't want to sound like I'm feeling sorry for myself because I know many of you depend on your car to get back and forth to work. It's just very irritating and frustrating to wait 5 1/2 months for a car and have to listen to all the "hype", and then having it sit in the shop for several days (or possibly weeks) with 300+ miles on the odometer. Quality is job #1 😉

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
I have to admit I'm very disappointed. Even though my car is just a toy, I'd like to drive it a little more before it goes into storage. I can't imagine what it would be like for those who depend on their car as a daily driver. Don't know why, but I have a gut feeling it will be at the dealership for another 2-3 weeks until the part comes in. I had planned on taking it on a trip to Indiana tomorrow. That obviously isn't going to happen. Even if they had fixed it this week, I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable taking it on a 400 mile trip. Don't want to sound like I'm feeling sorry for myself because I know many of you depend on your car to get back and forth to work. It's just very irritating and frustrating to wait 5 1/2 months for a car and have to listen to all the "hype", and then having it sit in the shop for several days (or possibly weeks) with 300+ miles on the odometer. Quality is job #1 😉
I would be disappointed too. Unfortunately, there are these bugs that don’t come up until a mass of people have them. Plus suppliers change things and aren’t always to original specs; or someone thinks the change won’t matter.
I took a shot at the first year Maverick and glad mine wasn’t one of the earlier builds, I was just at the start of Job 2. So I got to miss most of the issues, because I have the Ecoboost. The hybrids had issues for longer.

I’m sure they’ll get yours figured out. And a year from now this should be a distant memory.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
These electronics issues are giving me pause on ordering one of these. Wondering if it might be better to wait for the 25s? I've always heard to avoid the first model year on any new vehicle.

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I was out of town for several days, but spoke to a Ford representative on Friday (10/6). She told me that the part was in stock and would be delivered to the dealer on Saturday. I haven't checked with the service department this morning (10/9) to see if they received the part. If they did, hopefully my car will be fixed this week. It's been at the dealership a week today. I'm still a little concerned that it might be one of those electrical issues that continue. I'll just have to wait and see. I'll keep you posted.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was out of town for several days, but spoke to a Ford representative on Friday (10/6). She told me that the part was in stock and would be delivered to the dealer on Saturday. I haven't checked with the service department this morning (10/9) to see if they received the part. If they did, hopefully my car will be fixed this week. It's been at the dealership a week today. I'm still a little concerned that it might be one of those electrical issues that continue. I'll just have to wait and see. I'll keep you posted.
By chance did they share the part number with you?

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
To be honest, I didn't ask. Spoke to the service manager at the dealership this morning and they were installing the part. He also mentioned re-flashing something. I'll get full details when I pick it up. He said it would probably be done today.

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Picked up my car a little while ago. They replaced the Gateway Module, which is apparently located in the console/lower dash area. Seems to be running okay.

OP
OP

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
There isn't a parts number on the invoice. Invoice says "Replace and program Gateway Module. Clear DTCS and retest".

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There isn't a parts number on the invoice. Invoice says "Replace and program Gateway Module. Clear DTCS and retest".
Hopefully that resolves it and the rest of your days are problem free.
Sponsored