• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car feels floaty at high speeds?

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
I don't have mine yet, but I test drove one at the dealership and it felt great at 105 m/h, but it MAY have had Magneride, so maybe not much help to you.
No dealer let you rip it at 105 MPH.
Sponsored

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Iā€™ve got it at the recommended 32psi. The cars are transported at higher pressures. I donā€™t remember the reason why. (I think itā€™s to avoid developing flat spots if theyā€™re sitting a long time šŸ¤·) Dealers are supposed to lower pressure before delivery.
This is good to know. Mine was delivered at 39 PSI. It has since dropped a couple pounds. Temp maybe. I'll have to let some air out.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The factory airs them up for sitting before shipping, during shipping to dealers. Part of the prep the dealers supposed to do is set the tire pressure correctly. My 2020 GT500 had 42psi when I drove off the lot. I called the dealership and told them they AGAIN forget to set tire pressures to correct pressure and then stopped and did it myself.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
That explains my 96 mustang. The tires need 30 pounds and they were inflated to 45 pounds. Shortly after receiving it I drove from Los Angles to Phoenix and it just about jarred the teeth out of my mouth. I figured it out before the return trip and the return trip was much smoother. I always though it was the dealer putting the number on the sidewall. Instead it was the dealer not doing their job.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I tried to tell people that the pp is a bare minimum requirement if you don't plan to mod. This car needs bracing to balance the front end

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
They air them up so when they sit for 3 monhs they they are almost the proper pressure. The people that have 40 plus ponds of pressure got fresh Mustangs.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
My tire pressure is at 40psi so I was wondering if maybe it could be because of that.
I read where you adjusted pressures to the prescribed amount and things are better. Glad to read of that. Seeing as how they did not adjust the pressures, there's something else you can check for: shipping blocks.

If you didn't know, cars will often ship with a set of foam/rubberized-like blocks wedged in the front suspension; they're very bright in color. Sometimes the receiving dealer team forgets to remove them.

Look into your front wheel wells from the outside, the suspension springs, and confirm they're out. If they are, great. :thumbsup: Continue to enjoy the ride. :clap: If not, you can remove them yourself. If you do find and pull, keep them; they're a nice keepsake.

Last edited:

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Question for everyone that got there s650s already. I picked my car up yesterday and it drives great and it's unbelievably smooth. However one thing I noticed is that at speeds exceeding 100km/h (60m/h), the car feels very floaty/loose. Like I'm driving on ice or something. Is this normal? My tire pressure is at 40psi so I was wondering if maybe it could be because of that.
Are you sure that youā€™re not driving the Lincoln!! My mother had the suicide door Lincoln and oh man, I was driving the car like silk over the roads!

Last edited:

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
She gave me the keys said see you when you get back.
When I bought my first mustang, back in 2000, my aunt knew the owner of the dealership. I picked the one I wanted and the lady told me the same thing. Even told me I could take it for the night and let them know in the morning. Awesome customer service, but only took me about one minute behind the wheel make up my mind to buy it.

OP
OP

Mustang6924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe GT, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
I read where you adjusted pressures to the prescribed amount and things are better. Glad to read of that. Seeing as how they did not adjust the pressures, there's something else you can check for: shipping blocks.

If you didn't know, cars will often ship with a set of foam/rubberized-like blocks wedged in the front suspension; they're very bright in color. Sometimes the receiving dealer team forgets to remove them.

Look into your front wheel wells from the outside, the suspension springs, and confirm they're out. If they are, great. :thumbsup: Continue to enjoy the ride. :clap: If not, you can remove them yourself. If you do find and pull, keep them; they're a nice keepsake.
I took a look at the wheel wells and atleast they took the blocks out. Another question if you can answer it.
S650 Mustang Car feels floaty at high speeds? 20230923_175220

On the driver's side, am I supposed to have a k brace there? There's those 2 bolts sticking out and it looks weird for there to be nothing there.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I took a look at the wheel wells and atleast they took the blocks out. Another question if you can answer it.
20230923_175220.jpg

On the driver's side, am I supposed to have a k brace there? There's those 2 bolts sticking out and it looks weird for there to be nothing there.
No only if you have the optional performance package.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
@dusman59 is correct. From the 2024 Order Guide:

GT Performance Package
ā€¢ 19" X 9" (F) 19" X 9.5" (R) Carbonized Gray-painted Aluminum Wheels with 255/40 (F) 275/40R19 (R) (Summer Only) Tires2
ā€¢ 19ā€ Brembo Brake System w/ Performance Linings and Black w/ White Logo Brake Calipers
ā€¢ Accent Stitched Center Console Lid
ā€¢ Electric Hand Operated Parking Brake (Drift Brake)
ā€¢ Front Tow Hooks
ā€¢ Grille ā€“ Painted Ebony Black
ā€¢ Heavy-duty Front Springs
ā€¢ K-Brace
ā€¢ Performance Raised Rear Wing ā€“ Painted Body Color
ā€¢ Black Painted Strut-Tower Brace
ā€¢ TORSENĀ® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio (Manual)
ā€¢ TORSENĀ® Differential with 3.55 Axle Ratio (Automatic)
ā€¢ Unique Chassis Tuning
ā€¢ Unique Stability Control, EPAS and ABS Tuning
ā€¢ Upsized Rear Sway Bar

Given a bit, I'm sure the aftermarket will make one available.

OP
OP

Mustang6924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe GT, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Awesome! Thank you guys for the help!
Sponsored