• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cancelled My Order

fcozapata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
2023 M850i xdrive
Aventurin red
Fiona red full merino leather
Alcantara headliner
Carbon fiber roof panel
Carbon fiber interior trim
Glass controls
Bowers and Wilkins sound
Driver Assistance
Driver Assistance pro
Wow, really sweet car.
If it's not too much of an indiscretion, how close to the Mustang at 62K were you able to get?
Basically, how much are BMW dealers able/willing to go down from MSRP?
I am wondering if there is any way to time the purchase to be able to get this much car just like you did...
Sponsored

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Had it with this clown show of a buying process. Last update was build scheduled to start week of 12/4. Just got an email yesterday that said it was planned week of 12/11 but they really don't know when it will be built.
Plus it just felt like I was settling for less than I wanted, so I bought this German Mustang off the lot.
Hope Ford gets its sh*t together soon because I'm going to need a new F-150 soon.
20231129_065933.jpg
20231210_130856.jpg
20231121_215400.jpg
This is exactly the car I might cross-shop...
The new Mustang will be fairly expensive in Germany and used M850s are almost as affordable... The only problems I have with the M850 are the somewhat lackluster sound and the fact that it looks almost like any other good old BMW...

The Mustang on the other hand is something unique over here. But then again the M850 drives circles around the S650 and has a much higher build quality... Sound and looks vs everything else... I'll hold my final decision until I can test drive the new Mustang though...

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Now hold the damn phone I know you are not coming in here comparing a 43K dollar ford mustang to a car with a $106,000 msrp.

maaaaaaaannnn if you don’t GTFOHWTBS
The reason he didn't share the price is because it ISN'T close, even buying a used one. I agree with him that time kills deals, but not that you didn't know what to expect if you're on this forum paying the least degree of attention. You could have bought a Mustang off the lot too. 🤷🏻‍♂️

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Honestly, they may both be worth about the same in 2 years... 🙄
Working in a used car dealership, i found BMW’s drop like rocks because most are leased, usually by someone who has to have the latest and greatest which floods the markets with them at lease and warranty end, because few want old BMW’s and even fewer want the repairs. They end up getting purchased by someone who wants the BMW status (but really can’t afford it) and then quickly find out the expense isn’t worth it. Old well maintained Mustang? Easy sell.

Last edited:

bmbl-bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Seems to be quite a few new Mustangs setting on lots. Could have cancelled your order and picked up one of those. Even a few Dark Horse models.

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Most dealers didn't want to talk to me about ordering or trading only one dealer gave me a price (crappy at that), so I looked all over for a car spec'd out like the one I wanted to order. Found one 7 hours away. Did the deal by phone/email. By the time I was done I found the car I wanted without magnaride though, but GT Premium, with all the goodies, especially GTPP. Saved me $7,000 so I drove the miles, trade on the trailer and picked up the Mustang and trailered it back, luckily nice weather all the way back to Northern NY. Yup, I would do it again!

S650 Mustang Cancelled My Order 24

OP
OP
Velvet Fog

Velvet Fog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Supercab
I originally wanted an M850 but I couldn't stomach paying MSRP, it was just too much. This car was a dealer car less than 6 months old under 5k miles and matched the one I built on the BMW website except for the interior color and carbon fiber roof. Add an extra year of warranty with CPO and 3 years included maintenance and couldn't say no

You can find lightly used examples like this on Auto Trader for 25k off MSRP.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...=true&searchRadius=0&startYear=2023&zip=98164

For better sound, just press the sport button until you see Sport Plus.

The Musting is still a lot of car for the money, we're nearing the end of the combustion engine era and this could be your last chance to get a high horsepower V8, I suggest you take it and get one while you can.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Never ever ever own a BMW out of warranty. Believe me, I know from first hand experience.

RebelMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Bullitt

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Never ever ever own a BMW out of warranty. Believe me, I know from first hand experience.
I always wondered why all old well maintained Mustangs look great and remain desirable and most older BMW’s just look dated and crappy no matter how well they’re cared for.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Had it with this clown show of a buying process. Last update was build scheduled to start week of 12/4. Just got an email yesterday that said it was planned week of 12/11 but they really don't know when it will be built.
Plus it just felt like I was settling for less than I wanted, so I bought this German Mustang off the lot.
Hope Ford gets its sh*t together soon because I'm going to need a new F-150 soon.
20231129_065933.jpg
20231210_130856.jpg
20231121_215400.jpg
I was cross shopping the same car, except a convertible. Price was six figures... ouch! Love the BMW but $45K more than the Mustang GT Premium convertible I ordered was just more than I could stomach. Also really wanted a stick. Good luck with the BWM, it's a really nice car.