• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cancelled my Dark Horse order - allocation available

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
Just as the title says, I cancelled my MSRP order for a Dark Horse with HP, AP, with painted stripes in Ember Blue.

The dealership is going to maintain the order in Ford’s system. It’s one of the two allocations at my local dealership - the one I always go to because they’re good and honest. That being said, there may be an mark-up because that’s the current conditions and they’re not dumb.

PM me if you’re interested in acquiring the newly vacated allocation.
Sponsored

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
That being said, there may be an mark-up because that’s the current conditions and they’re not dumb.
While I'm sure they will sell it, it's this very thing that helps make the case for manufacturers to sell direct to consumer. It's kind of a shame that they gave you MSRP, but wouldn't do that for another customer. Regardless, it's nice of you to help them. I hope no one has to pay ADMs.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Sorry to read about the cancellation. Thank You for letting us know it is now available.

MontegoRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM Power Wagon
What would be worse about a future markup on that particular vehicle is that you were able to select options at MSRP. A future buyer would then be paying, say, $10k extra but not be able to add/remove options and make it "their" car. Guess you could view it as the "tax" for being able to see and take delivery without the wait.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
There was a markup on my Dark Horse is 10k. The way I have it figured we have a few years of inflation ahead of us and if I wait for the markups to end, I will still pay that 10k or more as an inflated price. Besides that I was gong to buy a year ago but the order books were closed so the base price for a Mach 1 to a Dark Horse has gone up as well. I already lived through a period a extreme inflation once and the rule is if you need it, there is no time like the present because you will pay more in the future.

DARK HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO,2021 JL RUBICON,2022F150 TREMOR
I'm thinking of cancelling as well but I'm going to give it week and half don't hear anything then time to cancel.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I'm thinking of cancelling as well but I'm going to give it week and half don't hear anything then time to cancel.
I feel this. I want to cancel too, but I've already waited this long. So I might as well wait some more. I thought about getting an M3, but it would take 6-9 months to build. So I might as well wait on the DH. But come August if I'm still in the dark without info. If I see a M3, I'm just going to get that. Really wanted a DH so i could get a great shot to get the gt500 from my dealer in the future.

Rdw401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I ordered a DH today and dealer confirmed that the HP is no longer available. Too bad there isn’t a work around to get the bigger tires and wheels, not to mention sway bar and so on. So disappointed after all the research I had to do to find allocation. I was quoted ADM of $25k, $10k and finally found one at $5k.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
I ordered a DH today and dealer confirmed that the HP is no longer available. Too bad there isn’t a work around to get the bigger tires and wheels, not to mention sway bar and so on. So disappointed after all the research I had to do to find allocation. I was quoted ADM of $25k, $10k and finally found one at $5k.
I would just wait for the 2025 models. The car market is changing so rapidly it's going to be a different ball game 12 months down the road.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Try this
try this. See if any of these are close or identical to the one you ordered
https://www.cars.com/shopping/resul...tang-dark_horse&year_max=&year_min=&zip=29678

Rdw401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thanks. Had no idea that many might be available. I’m still waiting for DMV to retitle my GT 500 so I can get that check from dealer. Is it difficult to get dealer deposit back when you tell them you don’t want it anymore?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Thanks. Had no idea that many might be available. I’m still waiting for DMV to retitle my GT 500 so I can get that check from dealer. Is it difficult to get dealer deposit back when you tell them you don’t want it anymore?
If they are no longer making, they have to give you your money back. You paid a deposit on a car they can’t build.
Sponsored