• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cancelled My Order

Lmw34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The time frame you were describing for order/delivery does not seem excessive.
To me a BMW is a completely different direction from a mustang unless you are talking the M2 series. I drove a friends 550i x drive. It was super fast and smooth, but to me there was no connection to the car, no soul. I was going 90 and couldn't really tell how fast I was going and poor handling in the curves. It's just a fast luxury sedan, but to each his own.
Sponsored

bobdes368

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT 500
I canceled mine too. Back in June. Ford did a horrible job with getting the 2024 out the door. Went and bought a 2023 off the lot.

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
I canceled mine too. Back in June. Ford did a horrible job with getting the 2024 out the door. Went and bought a 2023 off the lot.
Order banks pretty much opened in April and you thought you were going to have the car two months later in June on a highly anticipated redesign? 😅

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Funny how we get our "feathers ruffled" when it comes to other makes of cars. At the end of the day it's our personal choice. To be honest, I've never purchased a vehicle and thought about depreciation or what it would be worth in a couple of years. I've owned many brands of cars over the years and I've had problems with just about all of them. Some of the younger folks on this forum don't remember when you could order a new car (new model or not) and have it within 6-8 weeks. I also don't ever remember all the "hype" over new cars back in the day. Sure there was a little, but the manufacturers didn't drag things out and tease buyers for months on end. I thought about canceling my order and getting something else as well. The only reason I decided to wait is because mine is nothing more than a toy.

The thing I found the most frustrating was the lack of communication after I ordered my car. If I contacted my dealer, they told me to contact Ford. If I contacted Ford, they told me to contact my dealer. No one seemed to know anything. That still rubs me the wrong way.

At the end of the day it's the OP's choice to cancel and get something else. Enjoy the BMW. It's a beautiful car.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT with PP and AE
The trouble with that car is it's too big. All the BMWs have got a lot bigger over the years which is why the M2 is popular. I had a BMW 650 about 10 years ago and it was too big for my taste. Previous to my 2024 Mustang GT I had a Porsche 911 and even it wasn't as much fun to drive as the Mustang. My other vehicle is a 2024 BMW X5 which is also large but I like it.

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
Aug 19 isn't exactly Sept. It was more the Dec 22 email that did it. The 'we have no clue when, sux to be you' attitude. Dealer was great about it, got my deposit back.
Ford corporate is killing this deal.
@Sofa King-wont be shopping for an f150 until Aug 2024 and more chance of buying off the lot. So I got that going for me.
I ordered my car April 6, 2023. I still don’t have a car.
Sponsored