• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Can someone with a GT premium do me a favor?

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Ok, we set our seats on 1 and 2 inside the car, no, problem
We are wanting to set them up where they sync with our key fobs, so when we use our keys to unlock the car with hubbys keys, his seat is ready for him and vice versa. To do that. Per owners manual, it says to hold the button you are programming, it will beep, then will beep again and then you have 3 seconds to hit lock button. Not working and we can only get it to beep once. Can any of you check to see if yours is working.
TIA
Sponsored

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Ok, we set our seats on 1 and 2 inside the car, no, problem
We are wanting to set them up where they sync with our key fobs, so when we use our keys to unlock the car with hubbys keys, his seat is ready for him and vice versa. To do that. Per owners manual, it says to hold the button you are programming, it will beep, then will beep again and then you have 3 seconds to hit lock button. Not working and we can only get it to beep once. Can any of you check to see if yours is working.
TIA
My my my... how the tables have turned... 🤣

S650 Mustang Can someone with a GT premium do me a favor? 1693954765265

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine are the seats yours is garage door. Lol
I was thinking about having round 2 with mine tonight. Not sure I even feel like dealing with it though. I thought I only accidentally unprogrammed the remote last time but I found out today when I was trying to let my kid in after school I actually unprogrammed both the remote and the keypad outside last time I messed with it :sadface:

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible
I did not even know you could do this. I wonder if you are able to do it in the 2017 GT Premium. hmmmm. This is amazing! I hate getting into my car after hubby drives because my seat is so far back.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did not even know you could do this. I wonder if you are able to do it in the 2017 GT Premium. hmmmm. This is amazing! I hate getting into my car after hubby drives because my seat is so far back.

TV963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT (On Order)
Same issue here. Also, similar problem with programing a second garage door opener. Hopefully just software issues that can be resolved.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you try on your 2017? I got ours figured out finally

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking about having round 2 with mine tonight. Not sure I even feel like dealing with it though. I thought I only accidentally unprogrammed the remote last time but I found out today when I was trying to let my kid in after school I actually unprogrammed both the remote and the keypad outside last time I messed with it :sadface:
Did you get it programmed?

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get it programmed?
No, haven't tried again yet. This weekend is looking promising for my 2nd attempt though. The car delivered right when my kid came back to start school and then I had her birthday party last weekend. She stays with her Mom over the Summer in a different state and I have her all school year so I've been too busy and kind of fixated on getting it broke in and doing the first oil change. I'm at about 950 miles and thinking about finally letting it rip all the way to redline this weekend. I'm actually online right now trying to figure out a good oil to use and a reasonably affordable solution to get the car in the air a little bit. My jack and jack stands have seen better days.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, haven't tried again yet. This weekend is looking promising for my 2nd attempt though. The car delivered right when my kid came back to start school and then I had her birthday party last weekend. She stays with her Mom over the Summer in a different state and I have her all school year so I've been too busy and kind of fixated on getting it broke in and doing the first oil change. I'm at about 950 miles and thinking about finally letting it rip all the way to redline this weekend. I'm actually online right now trying to figure out a good oil to use and a reasonably affordable solution to get the car in the air a little bit. My jack and jack stands have seen better days.
Good luck buddy! How old is your little girl? Enjoy, they grow up,so fast. Next thing you know you’re a grandparent. Lol

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck buddy! How old is your little girl? Enjoy, they grow up,so fast. Next thing you know you’re a grandparent. Lol
She is 10. Kindergarten and 1st grade were pretty tough but she is in 5th grade now. I was going through a custody battle the entire duration of Kindergarten and then Covid and home schooling started 1/2 way through 1st grade. While my life has never really been normal, things are a lot easier now that she is older. She even lets me sleep in on the weekends. Lucky for me she is really sweet, easy to get along with and she likes riding in the Mustang :)

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Don't trust the manual, it's full of errors at this moment.
When doing stuff like that, follow the instructions on screen.

Also, individual profiles are not stable right now. Several people have had problems with them including myself. I turned them off for the time being. You can still save memory for seat and mirrors by long-pressing the 1-2-3 buttons on the door.

As for the garage door, if you de-programmed a stand-alone remote that previously worked, you did something wrong on the door opener itself. On mine, I have to press (not hold) the programming button on the motor itself, then it's in "learning mode". If i press and hold for like 2 or 3 seconds, it erases all... Learned that one the hard way.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
She is 10. Kindergarten and 1st grade were pretty tough but she is in 5th grade now. I was going through a custody battle the entire duration of Kindergarten and then Covid and home schooling started 1/2 way through 1st grade. While my life has never really been normal, things are a lot easier now that she is older. She even lets me sleep in on the weekends. Lucky for me she is really sweet, easy to get along with and she likes riding in the Mustang :)
I have 6 grands and a great grandson.
I bet she loves riding in it. I love riding in mine too. So glad you have her with you!
Sponsored