• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Decisions, decisions…. Pondering ordering a GT Premium PP

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
X-Plan caps the doc fees in addition to the other savings, so it's worth joining MCA as at least a digital member for that alone, assuming you are ok with the 90 day wait period before X-plan pricing applies.

X-Plan = Ford Employee (A-Plan) price plus 4% plus $150.

I literally saved thousands on my build, but I went with a well-equipped GT convertible. Cheaper builds will see a lower discount. PP and NPP added significantly to build times months ago, I don't know if that's still the case.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kkuntz01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Ram 2500 Crew Cab
X-Plan caps the doc fees in addition to the other savings, so it's worth joining MCA as at least a digital member for that alone, assuming you are ok with the 90 day wait period before X-plan pricing applies.

X-Plan = Ford Employee (A-Plan) price plus 4% plus $150.

I literally saved thousands on my build, but I went with a well-equipped GT convertible. Cheaper builds will see a lower discount. PP and NPP added significantly to build times months ago, I don't know if that's still the case.
It sounds like if I had to try and negotiate off of MSRP from the start, good idea to sign up for MCA to gain access to X Plan. With the dealer starting of out of the gate at invoice, it sounds like that may be the better way to go.?.?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
And I see you need to let them bend you over on a trade-in and pay $999 for 45 minutes of paperwork.

Internet pricing will include trade assistance rebates on applicable models. These rebates require trading a vehicle in towards purchase of your new Ford. Internet pricing with Ford rebates only for qualified retail buyers and excludes Ford Fleet customers. All prices are plus tax, tags and $999 processing fee.

....and the prices include "freight" but not destination & delivery....wtf does t hat mean? Be carefull kids.
At the risk of devolving into a doc fee thread, not the intent, doc fees are bs (isn’t that part of the job - if I bring in my own typist can I save on the doc fee ridiculous - I know I know but don’t forget to know opinion). If should be you make the first payment you get your ‘doc’ fee back.

ours (car not doc fee) took right around 3 months from order to delivery.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
They want $500 to $100 for "processing fees". Seriously? Please. That's absolutely nothing more than screwing the consumer.

It's also how many places can advertise a lower price (e.g., X percent off MSRP), but then reclaim part or all of it when you're sitting at the finance manager's desk.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
With the dealer starting of out of the gate at invoice, it sounds like that may be the better way to go.?.?
then X-plan saves you less than 800. Ie. it'll cap the doc fee at 199. You'd do better to negotiate harder, or do business with someone serious.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I chose Xpel Ultimate Fusion and covered the full hood, full fenders, front bumper, headlights, mirrors, lower doors, rocker panels, rear quarter panels, luggage area, wheel impact areas on rear bumper for $3,625. There are cheaper products out there, but I liked that this product had an infused ceramic coating and has a 10-yr warranty (I also bought a 10-yr warranty from Grainger for the car).

I am very happy with the outcome and don't mind paying a premium for premium work. Kickin' Customs of Raynham, MA took 3 days with it and paid meticulous attention to detail. You won't get that at a dealership, assuming they do it at all and don't subcontract the work out.

American Muscle has standard rock guards available right now, and deluxe (thicker) ones coming in any day now. I went deluxe as these summer tires are grabbier than Epstien and Weinstein combined. $155 arriving mid-April. Edit: AM contacted me on 4/5/24 and adjusted the ETA to 5/6 - 5/13/24.

Deluxe Rock Guards; Front and Rear
Will those Deluxe Rock Guards keep the gravel and grit out of the open rocker panel hole below the fender?

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
So how long are orders typically taking to fulfil? Local dealer said probably around 60 days.

I might be wrong but don't think my "build" is too out there. GT Premium (401A) in Rapid Red, Performance Pkg, (undecided on Bronze wheels or Nite Pony Pkg), Active Valve Exhaust and probably the all weather mats.

Also, curious what "Doc" fee's are going for around the country. Dealer I'm working with is $595 which I balked at, but it is what it is. Others in the area I guess are around $995. Of course this has me a little sticker shocked 🙀 considering when I bought my Jeep in IL back in 2018 it was about $175.

Also, anyone know if there are dealers in Middle Tennessee that are giving better deals that just invoice? (Is there a thread with that stuff?)
My doc fee was only like $129 when I bought my EB. Which I still think is ridiculous but way better than $500++

Fitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, soon to be 2024 mustang gt premium
So how long are orders typically taking to fulfil? Local dealer said probably around 60 days.

I might be wrong but don't think my "build" is too out there. GT Premium (401A) in Rapid Red, Performance Pkg, (undecided on Bronze wheels or Nite Pony Pkg), Active Valve Exhaust and probably the all weather mats.

Also, curious what "Doc" fee's are going for around the country. Dealer I'm working with is $595 which I balked at, but it is what it is. Others in the area I guess are around $995. Of course this has me a little sticker shocked 🙀 considering when I bought my Jeep in IL back in 2018 it was about $175.

Also, anyone know if there are dealers in Middle Tennessee that are giving better deals that just invoice? (Is there a thread with that stuff?)
I ordered nite pony gt premium, every option minus the recaro seats, January 22. Still dont have build date/vin. Been 11 weeks tomorrow.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
I ordered nite pony gt premium, every option minus the recaro seats, January 22. Still dont have build date/vin. Been 11 weeks tomorrow.
first mistake was the Nite Pony. If you watch the "build and constraints post" you'd know Ford has very low thru-put on that package. You can do FAR better buying aftermarket rims in a proper size and having a shop put some vinyl on the roof. Wala, instant Pony package with vastly better equipment.

Fitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, soon to be 2024 mustang gt premium
first mistake was the Nite Pony. If you watch the "build and constraints post" you'd know Ford has very low thru-put on that package. You can do FAR better buying aftermarket rims in a proper size and having a shop put some vinyl on the roof. Wala, instant Pony package with vastly better equipment.
I was giving a time frame, not asking your professional ordering opinion.