• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Decisions, decisions…. Pondering ordering a GT Premium PP

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nope...was asking about his in stock GT's
I don't see those words in your post.

settle down cowboy :)
OP clearly stated he was considering ORDERING a GT and your post implies Ourisman is offering 12% off those. They are not. I didn't want the OP to think he could get 12% off an ordered GT.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Before ordering, ask for the "out the door" price inclusive of all taxes, fees, etc. and have it signed by a manager and keep a copy. X-Plan saved me a lot in doc. fees and other BS. Clearly spell out on the order form that you are not paying for window etching, LoJack, PPF, ceramic coating, or anything else they can dream up to charge you more for. The claim of just charging invoice could easily be offset by bogus fees.

I'm not anti PPF or ceramic, but you can find a local shop who will likely do a better job for a lower cost. I did PPF on the entire front, rocker panels, and rear quarters. Another 15 degrees outside and as soon as I can get some rock guards + seal the wheel well holes I'll be out cruisin' again.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Before ordering, ask for the "out the door" price inclusive of all taxes, fees, etc. and have it signed by a manager and keep a copy. X-Plan saved me a lot in doc. fees and other BS. Clearly spell out on the order form that you are not paying for window etching, LoJack, PPF, ceramic coating, or anything else they can dream up to charge you more for. The claim of just charging invoice could easily be offset by bogus fees.

I'm not anti PPF or ceramic, but you can find a local shop who will likely do a better job for a lower cost. I did PPF on the entire front, rocker panels, and rear quarters. Another 15 degrees outside and as soon as I can get some rock guards + seal the wheel well holes I'll be out cruisin' again.
May I ask what you paid for the PPF application? Also do you have a set of rock guards in mine?

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
May I ask what you paid for the PPF application? Also do you have a set of rock guards in mine?
I chose Xpel Ultimate Fusion and covered the full hood, full fenders, front bumper, headlights, mirrors, lower doors, rocker panels, rear quarter panels, luggage area, wheel impact areas on rear bumper for $3,625. There are cheaper products out there, but I liked that this product had an infused ceramic coating and has a 10-yr warranty (I also bought a 10-yr warranty from Grainger for the car).

I am very happy with the outcome and don't mind paying a premium for premium work. Kickin' Customs of Raynham, MA took 3 days with it and paid meticulous attention to detail. You won't get that at a dealership, assuming they do it at all and don't subcontract the work out.

American Muscle has standard rock guards available right now, and deluxe (thicker) ones coming in any day now. I went deluxe as these summer tires are grabbier than Epstien and Weinstein combined. $155 arriving mid-April. Edit: AM contacted me on 4/5/24 and adjusted the ETA to 5/6 - 5/13/24.

Deluxe Rock Guards; Front and Rear

Last edited:
OP
OP

kkuntz01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Comparing an S550 /S650 to a stock Fox Body or Iroc is like comparing the newest gaming computer to a Commodore 64
Wasn’t comparing, just sharing what I’ve had or had experience with. 👍🏻

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I don't see those words in your post.

OP clearly stated he was considering ORDERING a GT and your post implies Ourisman is offering 12% off those. They are not. I didn't want the OP to think he could get 12% off an ordered GT.
And I see you need to let them bend you over on a trade-in and pay $999 for 45 minutes of paperwork.

Internet pricing will include trade assistance rebates on applicable models. These rebates require trading a vehicle in towards purchase of your new Ford. Internet pricing with Ford rebates only for qualified retail buyers and excludes Ford Fleet customers. All prices are plus tax, tags and $999 processing fee.

....and the prices include "freight" but not destination & delivery....wtf does t hat mean? Be carefull kids.

OP
OP

kkuntz01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And I see you need to let them bend you over on a trade-in and pay $999 for 45 minutes of paperwork.

Internet pricing will include trade assistance rebates on applicable models. These rebates require trading a vehicle in towards purchase of your new Ford. Internet pricing with Ford rebates only for qualified retail buyers and excludes Ford Fleet customers. All prices are plus tax, tags and $999 processing fee.

....and the prices include "freight" but not destination & delivery....wtf does t hat mean? Be carefull kids.
Yeah, I remember there being all sorts of shady a$$ $hit with various dealers all over the US that were tripping all over their dicks racing to the bottom of who was offering the biggest discount on the all new JL Wrangler back in 2018. I lucked out and found one that was localish to my house when I lived up in West Suburban Chicago that was offering 6% below invoice (with Chrysler Friends and Family) with no funny business. Sometimes that "really great" deal isn't so great once you start taking on the miscellaneous fee's they pack in there.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Not sure why you directed that at me, as (a) I already bought a DH locally and (b) I'm the one who pointed out Ourisman is boning people $500 to $999 for "processing fees".

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Not sure why you directed that at me, as (a) I already bought a DH locally and (b) I'm the one who pointed out Ourisman is boning people $500 to $999 for "processing fees".
I didn't direct it at you.
I was adding to you comment...Expanding on it...piggybacking on it if you will. I think the software capitalized "And" which might have made that less than obvious.

Don't worry...I know that you know.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Hey all, first time caller, first time listener to the world of Ford as I’m pondering whether I want to order a ‘24 GT Premium PP. It‘s one of those I don’t really need it, but I’ve always liked performance cars and find myself for the first time in my life being able to possibly do something frivolous while making sure that I’ve done some responsible adulting with retirement planning and earmarking some for home stuff too. 👍🏻 The things you’re unfortunately able to do when you lose a sibling far too soon. Of course if I end up with a Mustang, the fucker will probably be rolling his eyes in the great beyond since he was “one of those“ diehard Chevy guys through and through. 🤪

So it’s been a hot minute since I‘ve owned or driven anything “sporty” or had any real power. Back in my 20’s I rocked an IROC Z, a supercharged Silverado 1500 and a couple of Grand Prix GTP’s before getting bit by the off roading bug and owning/wheeling several modified Wrangler Rubicon’s over the past 15 years. I‘m hoping all the cards fall into place for this. It will be nice to have a vehicle worthy of properly sling through windy roads. You can only push the limits of a lifted Wrangler or Ram 2500 on 37’s before you question if you’re going to die. 🤣

That said, this will be my first experience with a Ford or a Mustang 5.0 since my brothers and I talked our Mom into buying an LX 5.0 back in ‘93 so we could have “the cool mom”. Putting aside her not taking great care of the car, it did hold up reasonably well lasting her 13yrs. I think the worst issue aside from the body rotting (lovely Chicago winters) was the oil pan rusting out and struggling to find one for the car. Generally speaking, how are the new Mustangs? About what you’d expected? Better than you expected? Worse than you expected? Anything I’d want to watch out for or be mindful of if I buy one?

I was pleasantly surprised that the dealer I’ve been working with (in the Nashville area) told me if I order a new Mustang that my price would be invoice without having to haggle to that. Is invoice fair or should I try shopping around for a better deal? I’ve also saw that we have Ford X plan available to us if we sign up for an MCA membership. I’m not familiar with X plan, how does it work? Is it anything like Chrysler’s Friends and Family where your price is 1% below invoice? If you’re already getting the vehicle for invoice, is there any benefit to going through the hoops to have access to X plan?
I’ll be real honest with you.
I’ve never heard of a single oil pan rusting out.
I know back east cars can get rusty fenders..
Please enjoy your new Mustang.

OP
OP

kkuntz01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So how long are orders typically taking to fulfil? Local dealer said probably around 60 days.

I might be wrong but don't think my "build" is too out there. GT Premium (401A) in Rapid Red, Performance Pkg, (undecided on Bronze wheels or Nite Pony Pkg), Active Valve Exhaust and probably the all weather mats.

Also, curious what "Doc" fee's are going for around the country. Dealer I'm working with is $595 which I balked at, but it is what it is. Others in the area I guess are around $995. Of course this has me a little sticker shocked 🙀 considering when I bought my Jeep in IL back in 2018 it was about $175.

Also, anyone know if there are dealers in Middle Tennessee that are giving better deals that just invoice? (Is there a thread with that stuff?)
Sponsored