• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Decisions, decisions…. Pondering ordering a GT Premium PP

kkuntz01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Hey all, first time caller, first time listener to the world of Ford as I’m pondering whether I want to order a ‘24 GT Premium PP. It‘s one of those I don’t really need it, but I’ve always liked performance cars and find myself for the first time in my life being able to possibly do something frivolous while making sure that I’ve done some responsible adulting with retirement planning and earmarking some for home stuff too. 👍🏻 The things you’re unfortunately able to do when you lose a sibling far too soon. Of course if I end up with a Mustang, the fucker will probably be rolling his eyes in the great beyond since he was “one of those“ diehard Chevy guys through and through. 🤪

So it’s been a hot minute since I‘ve owned or driven anything “sporty” or had any real power. Back in my 20’s I rocked an IROC Z, a supercharged Silverado 1500 and a couple of Grand Prix GTP’s before getting bit by the off roading bug and owning/wheeling several modified Wrangler Rubicon’s over the past 15 years. I‘m hoping all the cards fall into place for this. It will be nice to have a vehicle worthy of properly sling through windy roads. You can only push the limits of a lifted Wrangler or Ram 2500 on 37’s before you question if you’re going to die. 🤣

That said, this will be my first experience with a Ford or a Mustang 5.0 since my brothers and I talked our Mom into buying an LX 5.0 back in ‘93 so we could have “the cool mom”. Putting aside her not taking great care of the car, it did hold up reasonably well lasting her 13yrs. I think the worst issue aside from the body rotting (lovely Chicago winters) was the oil pan rusting out and struggling to find one for the car. Generally speaking, how are the new Mustangs? About what you’d expected? Better than you expected? Worse than you expected? Anything I’d want to watch out for or be mindful of if I buy one?

I was pleasantly surprised that the dealer I’ve been working with (in the Nashville area) told me if I order a new Mustang that my price would be invoice without having to haggle to that. Is invoice fair or should I try shopping around for a better deal? I’ve also saw that we have Ford X plan available to us if we sign up for an MCA membership. I’m not familiar with X plan, how does it work? Is it anything like Chrysler’s Friends and Family where your price is 1% below invoice? If you’re already getting the vehicle for invoice, is there any benefit to going through the hoops to have access to X plan?
Sponsored

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
It‘s one of those I don’t really need it,
That's the big debate, need vs. want. If one can afford the want, go get it. You only live once, why squander. Most of my vehicle purchases have been want vs. need...except the F150, needed it for towing, but wanted the FX4 version, so it all balanced out.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
The S550/560 generation is a vastly superior car than all that came before which were cheap junk. Possible exception th 2012-14 models.

Go test drive them. It's not hard. And remember, new cars, even ordered cars should be no less than 10% off MSRP. Otherwise you're getting robbed.

Reactions: JAL

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
I'm in the same boat as I don't need a Mustang, I want one. Test drive one and see if you like it, I wasn't planning on replacing my 2018 but after driving the 2024 I just had to get one.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Under promise over deliver - debatable if there yet, it’s for the individual to determine.

OP
OP

kkuntz01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's the big debate, need vs. want. If one can afford the want, go get it. You only live once, why squander. Most of my vehicle purchases have been want vs. need...except the F150, needed it for towing, but wanted the FX4 version, so it all balanced out.
Exactly, I haven’t “needed” any of the four Rubicon’s I’ve owned over the years, but I was glad I had one when it came time to use what the Rubicon offers.

OP
OP

kkuntz01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the same boat as I don't need a Mustang, I want one. Test drive one and see if you like it, I wasn't planning on replacing my 2018 but after driving the 2024 I just had to get one.
Yeah, I’ve test driven a few GT’s. Kinda indifferent on manual vs auto. Manual a bit more fun, and at least unlike the last few times I’ve had a manual transmission, I won’t be commuting in rush hour traffic with it.

OP
OP

kkuntz01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X-plan, pay $35 to join, get a couple thousand off the price.
Yeah, I saw the MCA membership was $50 for a year.

Are we talking a few thousand off of MSRP or invoice?

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Yeah, I saw the MCA membership was $50 for a year.

Are we talking a few thousand off of MSRP or invoice?
it's a tad over invoice or 4.5% below MSRP. If there are no good deals around and you have scuzball dealers who layer on 'doc fees' the X-plan helps to cut thru that crap.

But GT are 12.5% below MSRP at Ourisman so unless you're allergic to travel or shipping, X-plan is nothing to brag about.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Comparing an S550 /S650 to a stock Fox Body or Iroc is like comparing the newest gaming computer to a Commodore 64

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Life is short. Buy the car.

... if I order a new Mustang that my price would be invoice without having to haggle to that.
Invoice or MSRP? Invoice is AZ Plan (employee/retiree) pricing. That's lower than X Plan. But you can often negotiate a better deal than X Plan.

it's a tad over invoice or 4.5% below MSRP.
AZ Plan is invoice.
On the GT I originally ordered, MSRP was $63,035.00
AZ Plan was $57,531.52 aka 8.73% off MSRP
X Plan was $59,904.05 (close to $2,400 more than AZ Plan) aka 4.96% off MSRP.

But GT are 12.5% below MSRP at Ourisman
Be sure to add back their mandatory $500 to $1,000 processing fee and other costs I detailed in my other post.

Also, that's for a few Mustangs they have in stock. I'm pretty sure I've seen various posts by Ourisman that says they (often sell) ordered Mustangs at 2% below MSRP.

6speeding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
Absolutely get a Mustang, no question there. Now as for which one... I have a base GT with a 6-speed manual. The only option is the Active Valve Exhaust which I think is a must have. I wish I'd gotten the 301A package which gives you the heated, leather trimmed, power seats, dual zone climate, atc.

I daily it, so PP really wasn't practical for my purposes. If it's just a weekender (which appears to be your plan), I think PP is worth it. As for a Premium, I personally don't think it's worth it, unless you really want leather, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise, etc.

Invoice is better than X plan, as @roadpilot said, so that's a good deal for sure.

In any case, I think these cars are incredible and really a bargain no matter what you pick!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
Invoice is better than X plan, as @roadpilot said, so that's a good deal for sure. Mind if I ask which dealership you're working with? I'm the Marketing Director with a Ford dealer 100 miles outside of Nashville. Would love to help you out if we can!
can you match the 12% off MSRP that Ourisman in VA is offering?
Sponsored