• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Test Drove a '24 GT Premium Today

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Do you have another car that is an automatic that you could use till you heal? The other two options are renting a car or getting a beater that will get you through the next few months. With the loss you would take you would probably break even or better getting a used car to drive for a few months. I don't know how much you need a car but I am chauffeur to somebody who had both knees replaced. If you don't need a car much, possibly you can find somebody to drive you.
Well I clean houses, so although healing will take awhile( complete tear of rotator cuff) to go back to work, he said in down the road, if I can clean left handed, that may be an option. Surgery is 5 weeks from today.
But, between hubby and me, we have 5 cars. My mustang and the jeep are both manuals, the he has a work car that I use once in awhile, and he has a 2500 ram that would be a pain to get up in too and then thank God, we bought me a 2018 jeep grand Cherokee to haul cleaning supplies in.
Sponsored

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Well I clean houses, so although healing will take awhile( complete tear of rotator cuff) to go back to work, he said in down the road, if I can clean left handed, that may be an option. Surgery is 5 weeks from today.
But, between hubby and me, we have 5 cars. My mustang and the jeep are both manuals, the he has a work car that I use once in awhile, and he has a 2500 ram that would be a pain to get up in too and then thank God, we bought me a 2018 jeep grand Cherokee to haul cleaning supplies in.
My perverted view of life is showing. I am sure you are aware that there will be a lot of physical therapy after surgery so maybe a manual transmission could replace some of your physical therapy? Nah, actually I went down that road. I was laying on my side sleeping with my arm extended in back of me and I then rolled over on my back. I pulled muscles in my arm like you wouldn't believe. I couldn't drive a manual for a while and the pain medication ruled out driving. Fortunately my roommate at the time was retired and able to drop me off and pick me up The arm healed up nicely and Ii only have the memories of the experience. It's difficult to find software bugs when the pain medication makes you want to sleep.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My perverted view of life is showing. I am sure you are aware that there will be a lot of physical therapy after surgery so maybe a manual transmission could replace some of your physical therapy? Nah, actually I went down that road. I was laying on my side sleeping with my arm extended in back of me and I then rolled over on my back. I pulled muscles in my arm like you wouldn't believe. I couldn't drive a manual for a while and the pain medication ruled out driving. Fortunately my roommate at the time was retired and able to drop me off and pick me up The arm healed up nicely and Ii only have the memories of the experience. It's difficult to find software bugs when the pain medication makes you want to sleep.
Thats actually all pain meds do for me.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope you are okay and your surgery is nothing serious.
Thank you
The top part, I kind of crossed out because that was from 2017 when I had my last shoulder surgery that was supposed to keep me from ever hurting again, to what they have found them, which I have been hurting again for over a year. A year ago they gave me a steroid shot in my shoulder that hurt like the dickens and did not last.

S650 Mustang Test Drove a '24 GT Premium Today IMG_5332

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible
Thank you
The top part, I kind of crossed out because that was from 2017 when I had my last shoulder surgery that was supposed to keep me from ever hurting again, to what they have found them, which I have been hurting again for over a year. A year ago they gave me a steroid shot in my shoulder that hurt like the dickens and did not last.

IMG_5332.jpeg
Ouch, ouch, ouch.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Thank you

IMG_5332.jpeg
What did somebody not quite so young do in order to cause that type of damage? That reads like multiple inures over time. Actually that type of injury looks like my roommates knees that were damaged multiple times on the ski slope by a not very skilled skier. It happened long before we met so don't blame me. I am just stuck helping to undo the damage.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did somebody not quite so young do in order to cause that type of damage? That reads like multiple inures over time. Actually that type of injury looks like my roommates knees that were damaged multiple times on the ski slope by a not very skilled skier. It happened long before we met so don't blame me. I am just stuck helping to undo the damage.
Iā€™m 66, you tell me! I have always given 150% even to this day when I do anything. This is the 3rd shoulder surgery on this arm. 2nd for rotator cuff, this time complete tear. I wish they wouldā€™ve done the reverse shoulder replacement, which will be the next thing if this doesnā€™t work. I also have three trigger fingers now,that just started. Going to see if they will do surgery on those while Iā€™m healing from my other surgery

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
Iā€™m 66, you tell me! I have always given 150% even to this day when I do anything. This is the 3rd shoulder surgery on this arm. 2nd for rotator cuff, this time complete tear. I wish they wouldā€™ve done the reverse shoulder replacement, which will be the next thing if this doesnā€™t work. I also have three trigger fingers now,that just started. Going to see if they will do surgery on those while Iā€™m healing from my other surgery
Shoulder surgery sucks and is one of the toughest things to recover from with a long rehab process. I had surgery on my right shoulder after I dislocated it about 5x. The first time from a skiing accident but after that it would come out while surfing or jet skiing. I went to Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan around 1983 and Dr Russel Warren fixed it to the point that even though I have a bit of arthritis today in it, it still works like a charm. If you are anywhere near HSS, they are the only place I would ever go or recommend for orthopedic surgery. They also worked on my right knee in 1989 after training for a marathon and it too has been great since then.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoulder surgery sucks and is one of the toughest things to recover from with a long rehab process. I had surgery on my right shoulder after I dislocated it about 5x. The first time from a skiing accident but after that it would come out while surfing or jet skiing. I went to Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan around 1983 and Dr Russel Warren fixed it to the point that even though I have a bit of arthritis today in it, it still works like a charm. If you are anywhere near HSS, they are the only place I would ever go or recommend for orthopedic surgery. They also worked on my right knee in 1989 after training for a marathon and it too has been great since then.
Damn you do some dangerous stuff, all I do is clean houses
Sponsored