• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Best financing route to take

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
? That’s wild.. fed funds is 5.25-5.5… they would be losing money on your loan at 4…

that math ain’t mathing…
Sponsored

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I just talked to my credit union manager, their current rates are 4% for 48 months and unpredictable for the future.

On the positive side of it I made a large deposit into a 3 month CD earning 3.9% which is the positive side of the same financial position we are all in.
How? At the current fed run rate of 5.25%, that credit union would be giving money away by signing 4% loans.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I just talked to my credit union manager, their current rates are 4% for 48 months and unpredictable for the future.

On the positive side of it I made a large deposit into a 3 month CD earning 3.9% which is the positive side of the same financial position we are all in.
Can you please share the name of your credit union? That rate is fantastic right now

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
KY local.
Park Community.
I checked Ford, they are 5.9.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Having $60-70k just sitting in cash is definitely not the way.
Using cash is the best way I’ve found to never have financial worries. I’ve never had a super high paying job, but by using cash responsibly I now own several houses and all my cars with no debt. I understand the math says you can use debt leverage to make more money than using cash, but I’ve still never met anyone with the self-control to actually follow through with the investments they say they’ll make with the money they keep by financing. I’m sure a few of those super disciplined people are out there making risky investments and winning, but it’s not common. I do have a lot of friends and family that became wealthy by paying cash, budgeting, and avoiding debt.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Having that much cash doing nothing is throwing money away. If not invested, depending for how long, you would have missed out on much more than whatever the couple thousand the financing would've costed in the end.

So yeah, holding cash as it gets eaten away by inflation is worse.
What are you investing your $60k in?
I commend you for finding a solid investment >8% and actually investing that money long term if you’re able.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Some of us are high earning young people who want to enjoy life. I am sure for 55+ years old paying cash for a sports car is a lot easier. I mean this in a respectable way not trying to come off as mean.
True statement. If you have the money you can do whatever you want. I just like to see that people have a backup plan because it’s easy to forget about the risk that comes with debt.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
True statement. If you have the money you can do whatever you want. I just like to see that people have a backup plan because it’s easy to forget about the risk that comes with debt.
Its really not that risky if done correctly. I put 20% down on my 2022 GT and sold it a year later. The dealership write ME a check to buy the car. As long as you are not underwater on your loan there is very little risk involved. Its the people who put very little down with high interest rates who find themselves in bad situations.

Put enough money down, get a decent interest rate, have a emergency fund that can cover you for 6 months to 1 year expenses (includes your car payment). That is how you can responsibly have debt.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Its really not that risky if done correctly. I put 20% down on my 2022 GT and sold it a year later. The dealership write ME a check to buy the car. As long as you are not underwater on your loan there is very little risk involved. Its the people who put very little down with high interest rates who find themselves in bad situations.

Put enough money down, get a decent interest rate, have a emergency fund that can cover you for 6 months to 1 year expenses (includes your car payment). That is how you can responsibly have debt.
Yeah, yours is not a risky situation. It seems like decent interest rates will be hard to find for a while though. Unfortunately, a lot of Americans don’t even have emergency funds these days.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
Yeah, yours is not a risky situation. It seems like decent interest rates will be hard to find for a while though. Unfortunately, a lot of Americans don’t even have emergency funds these days.
Yea Its crazy how most people live life.

Interest rates are a big problem right now. You have to counter it by putting more money down. But for me I am in no rush to get another mustang. Hopefully rates go down within the next couple of years. My 22 GT was 2.9% at 60 months, hopefully they go back to those levels.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
What are you investing your $60k in?
I commend you for finding a solid investment >8% and actually investing that money long term if you’re able.
My main point wasn't cash vs finance. It was what people are doing currently with that cash. $60k lying around is a waste vs investing in almost anything else. Well maybe not options lol.

I do agree with your earlier point though. Not having debt can be a huge benefit to your finances and especially your mental health even if other opportunities can be more lucrative.

donnytsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Get preapproved from a credit union. Have your dealership try to beat your CU’s rate. (Do this all within a week of purchase so your credit doesnt take too big of a hit) Then refinance when rates go down.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Get preapproved from a credit union. Have your dealership try to beat your CU’s rate. (Do this all within a week of purchase so your credit doesnt take too big of a hit) Then refinance when rates go down.
Some credit unions will give you pre approval without a hard inquiry. Penfed is one of them.

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
Even with a solid deal all of us buying almost any new car are making a bad investment.
I am buying one for the all American, brainwashed consumer reason of: i want one.
Sponsored