• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
ok guys i think the "mach e bad" quota has been reached for this thread. those pictures are really cool, i quite like the first one!

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Who let the electric Ford Edge thing creep into these wallpapers? :giggle:
Electric creepers! Might as well cut it in half and keep the true Mustang Dark Horse!

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
The EV doesnā€™t belong there. I hope we can get better ones with the Blue Ember

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Remember why we still have V8ā€™s and those other guys donā€™t. The Mach-e was branded with the Mustang name to raise the MPG for Mustangs for the EPA. In turn we still have V8ā€™s to tear up the streets in for a couple more years.
Good pictures!
the epa doesnā€™t count it like that, with one model of a make. There is no reason to call it a mustang. An ev with a mustang name does nothing to help the mustangs gas mileage figures with the epa, NHTSA's CAFE, or anyone else. It helps the calculation for the total of vehicles.

It was just Ford saying the Mach E saves the mustang because they wanted to soothe the (much deserved) backlash and justify a pretty lame boardroom decision instead of admitting they just wanted to add mustang shine onto an ev suv to drum up interest.

Itā€™s not like the EPA doesnā€™t test the various engine configurations and doesnā€™t have a separate class for EV range. Theyā€™re not getting on over on themselves by Ford calling an EV a Mustang. Itā€™s a different classification for EVs with MPGe.

the manufacturer total vehicle calculations must reach a certain standard. Not one model.

the real problem for Ford CAFE standards is the F-series trucks. But you donā€™t hear ford calling little EV SUVs ā€œF-150ā€ because the trucks need saving or anything

letā€™s be real. The Mach e is a pretty good ev suv. But itā€™s not a mustang and should never have been called a mustang. There is no justification for it other than Hackett had a wild hair one day. But heā€™s gone and that idea should go with him.

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
ok guys i think the "mach e bad" quota has been reached for this thread. those pictures are really cool, i quite like the first one!
Yeah, I can understand why the mustang branding is controversial, but the mach-e is objectively a great vehicle. It's fast as hell for a crossover, good looking, great chassis balance and steering from what I've heard, it's relatively reliable and well built. Most of all, it's not really an SUV, it's basically a electric Focus rs with mustang badges on it, a high performance hot hat h that enabled Ford to keep making the V8 mustang we all know and love while everyone else is having to kill their pony cars.

If it replaced the mustang coupe, I'd be more pissed, but I'm not against the idea of multiple mustang models.
Sponsored