• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Interior Spied Up Close for the First Time.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Auto-86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 2017 Fusion Sport
As always, the market will decide this. They first showed up in higher end cars because it was a novelty and new technology that required an R&D investment. But now that the R&D has been paid for, my prediction is that higher end cars will revert back to physical buttons (because the customers will demand it and be willing to pay for it) and lower end models will get stuck with the lower cost touch screen controls.
Maybe in the near term, but self driving will cancel that out. I feel most of the general public will be fine not having to drive, so who cares how the controls operate without having to look at them.
Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Maybe in the near term, but self driving will cancel that out. I feel most of the general public will be fine not having to drive, so who cares how the controls operate without having to look at them.
Honestly, I think truly autonomous self driving is much further out than many may think (despite what Elon Musk keeps saying). The issue will come down to liability. As good as the AI tech is becoming, it still has limitations and there will inevitably be accidents, injuries and deaths from self driving cars (there already have been). The open question is who will be held liable? You and your private insurance or the manufacturer?

If you are merely a passenger in your own vehicle, should you be held liable if the software causes injury to another? If not, then does the manufacturer need to insure every vehicle on the road and are they prepared for that? With their deep pockets, the law suits that will arise will not be trivial, and I cannot see any scenario in which manufacturers would take on that risk.

No one seems to be talking about this, but until this is resolved, it will remain a huge barrier to self driving cars.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Actually the NHTSA and other regulatory agency should be doing measurement and distraction tests comparing buttons with touch-screen. That way they can whip out "the Science(tm)" and outlaw touchscreens as the sole means of doing trivial but necessary operations. Or if you rather, stipulate that the screen goes passive over 10mph so that all touch is disabled. VW has a partial lockout on some features like that.
Honestly I'm more concerned about drivers on the phone and/or texting than I am about those distracted by their screens. Also those reading the newspaper, doing their hair, drinking coffee, etc, etc. Most drivers can be just as easily be distracted by using knobs and buttons. Anything that requires you to shift your eyes away from your windows and mirrors can be considered a distraction.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
some cities are outlawing or severely restricting unmanned shuttles because they obstruct traffic and "go stupid" such that it impedes emergency services. I have a simple answer for those vehicles - firebomb them or fine the company a million dollars per incident. Automation only works on train tracks and in a closed yard. Everywhere else is just idiocy.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Anything that requires you to shift your eyes away from your windows and mirrors can be considered a distraction.
technically true - but the cognitive 'break' needed to deal with a properly sized and placed button is measured in milliseconds vs a UI and touch-screen button is an easy 100x. Yes I can pick my nose at 75mph and while admiring the booger ass-pack the guy ahead of me who dropped anchor, because I wasn't following at >3 second interval and not scanning the road 10 seconds ahead...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Is it just me or does the airbag in the steering wheel looked 'BLOATED'.
Hate the two screens.
I think it’s just the angle. The more I look at the double screens I realize that it’s the main screen that looks totally out of place. Just looks strange. Good thing it’s only in the base model. I guess it’s still better than the old 4” calculator.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Coming from a base 2016 GT, this is a big step up in the electronics department. I really hope they have an option for premium tech with cloth seats though. As always, I'll be prioritizing performance over luxuries

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Coming from a base 2016 GT, this is a big step up in the electronics department. I really hope they have an option for premium tech with cloth seats though. As always, I'll be prioritizing performance over luxuries
I think you are going to need to pick which is more important to you. The dashboard or the seats. Personally I do think I could live with that dash.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I think this is a form of confirmation bias, I'm personally neutral towards the dash at this point but the only place I've seen comments like that has been in forums like this.

Nearly every, if not every, YouTube reviewer I have watched doing first looks of the car love what they did for the screens. Short form videos the same and its anecdotal, but I know people in person who either hate it, are neutral towards it like me, or love it because it looks like (insert German brand). It's open to interpretation and we've yet to see who is actually the vocal minority in this case.
you mean to tell me you think people, that were chosen by ford, to review their cars that spoke highly of the dash has no bias?

dude. LOL
Idc who's minority or majority opinion. The only person that matters is my own. The buyer or (not going to buy)

the screens are ass

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
you mean to tell me you think people, that were chosen by ford, to review their cars that spoke highly of the dash has no bias?

dude. LOL
Idc who's minority or majority opinion. The only person that matters is my own. The buyer or (not going to buy)

the screens are ass
I'm quite sure ford isn't paying some random tiktoker or youtuber with less than 1k followers to review their cars. If the are I seriously need to find that check.

Regardless of what you or anyone in this thread thinks for that matter, everyone has an opinion and not all of those opinions are negative. Nor will any of those opinions change what's already been planned. Money talks and if the buyers are happy, good for them.​

Last edited:

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I'm quite sure ford isn't paying some random tiktoker or youtuber with less than 1k followers to review their cars. If the are I seriously need to find that check.

Regardless of what you or anyone in this thread thinks for that matter, everyone has an opinion and not all of those opinions are negative. Nor will any of those opinions change what's already been planned. Money talks and if the buyers are happy, good for them.​
I didint say they were paying them

ford comes to you offers you a car to review you want to protect that relationship for future Cars and exposure. You don't do that by writing negative reviews. This is basic marketing. Fact is a lot of people don't like it. That's all there is to it using your own logic here. You do t think things will change? Ask VW why they are changing their infotainment on the gti/golf r after only two years.

Reactions: OX1

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
I didint say they were paying them

ford comes to you offers you a car to review you want to protect that relationship for future Cars and exposure. You don't do that by writing negative reviews. This is basic marketing.
And I didn't say ford brought these people cars to review. Most of these people are looking at the same pics and clips we're looking at and sharing their opinion on social media. None of them have a car to review and many of them will never have the car to review.

My entire point with this echo chambered thread has been that there is more opinions on the interior than just "dash bad, me unhappy". Some will like the dash, some won't, and some won't care. Everyone is welcome to form their own opinions, as they should, but I am not going to pretend that the only opinion is that the dash is bad.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
And I didn't say ford brought these people cars to review. Most of these people are looking at the same pics and clips we're looking at and sharing their opinion on social media. None of them have a car to review and many of them will never have the car to review.

My entire point with this echo chambered thread has been that there is more opinions on the interior than just "dash bad, me unhappy". Some will like the dash, some won't, and some won't care. Everyone is welcome to form their own opinions, as they should, but I am not going to pretend that the only opinion is that the dash is bad.
Ok. And my opinion is. It sucks. That's it. Lol. I repeat and support my opinion. That's it dude. We're still going to say it if we feel that way. Sorry you don't feel that way. But as much as you don't care either do I. Have some tea. ✌

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Ok. And my opinion is. It sucks. That's it. Lol. I repeat and support my opinion. That's it dude. We're still going to say it if we feel that way. Sorry you don't feel that way. But as much as you don't care either do I. Have some tea. ✌
And like I said, you are welcome to that opinion. My message had nothing to do with YOUR opinion, just stating the fact that everyone has a opinion and they don't have to be the same, how I feel is irrelevant to any of my posts.

In case anyone else completely blew by the point I clearly outlined, have your opinion but it does not represent every opinion. Just like you can find a dozen people that hate it there are some that like it, that's literally all I'm saying.
Sponsored