• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AUTO STOP/START- Does your delivered GT have it?

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Mine was built 3/18 and doesn't have it, thankfully. Too many years of driving old junkers to be comfortable with the engine shutting off at a light.
Wow yours was built on 3/18 and no SS? Does your window sticker say that it has SS? It would be on the left hand side right above the gas guzzler tax verbage. My car is getting built right now but my sticker clearly says it has SS but maybe I'll get lucky but probably not:(
Sponsored

FredBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Corvette
Wow yours was built on 3/18 and no SS? Does your window sticker say that it has SS? It would be on the left hand side right above the gas guzzler tax verbage. My car is getting built right now but my sticker clearly says it has SS but maybe I'll get lucky but probably not:(
You might get lucky. Really not the end of the world either way.

S650 Mustang AUTO STOP/START- Does your delivered GT have it? IMG_1947 - Copy

S650 Mustang AUTO STOP/START- Does your delivered GT have it? IMG_1948 - Copy

S650 Mustang AUTO STOP/START- Does your delivered GT have it? IMG_1946 - Copy

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Here's hoping mine doesn't have Start/Stop either. Built on 3/25/24. Still in transit.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Not sure on this but if the window sticker has been issued in the Ford system early enough the car is built to that. The customer only gets to see the Vin and sticker at a later time close to production. I thought cars built in job 2 were to get s/s . The vins issued earlier didn't seem to get it.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
How does it work with a manual transmission? Does the car just start back up when you push the clutch in?
I don't know. I was never interested in finding out how it works. I'm sure I saw a post about how it works here on mustang7g though. It should be easy enough to find.