• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any OTA updates yet?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
No goodies sent to you yet and nothing in queue. PTS shows you have a PCM update pending, but I don't fully trust PTS to show all pending module updates. I'll check in FDRS when I get home later. It's crazy how few modules these cars have compared to others.

@roadpilot Confirmed with FDRS. Only showing a PCM update.
Thx. Might be time to break out the Mongoose for the truck and DH. Mustang still on 23306

S650 Mustang Any OTA updates yet? Screenshot_20240417_203048_Gallery
Sponsored

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Thx. Might be time to break out the Mongoose for the truck and DH. Mustang still on 23306
Unless there's something on the truck worth updating, I'd save the $50 until something shows up for the Stang worth doing. I hate PCM updates because they wipe my tune, but I guess you don't have to worry about that here.

Is your truck fully updated? Latest IPMA/PSCM updates installed?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Unless there's something on the truck worth updating, I'd save the $50 until something shows up for the Stang worth doing. I hate PCM updates because they wipe my tune, but I guess you don't have to worry about that here.

Is your truck fully updated? Latest IPMA/PSCM updates installed?
Haven't checked in a while, but I've been getting plenty of regular updates.

I gotta get some use out of my Mongoose! šŸ˜†

steyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP1 Rapid Red
Mine updated to the latest version today and it didn't even notify me (or if it did I didn't notice). Noticed my car was acting slightly different today and checked the gauge cluster and I had the new cluster, then checked and saw I was on the latest update.

Honestly it helped a lot with a bunch of the bugs with the car. I've been in the car a lot today and the touch screen loads up way faster, I haven't had any freezing, and it also finally saves my settings on my Profile.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
@rugedraw not sure whats going onand how much you can check online , but kind of weird that since taking my car to the dealership I've had two updates, a "steering fault" error, and somehow my speedo is now calibrated to my new wheels.
VIN: 1FA6P8CF1R5404130

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
My screens have been having issues since I got the first update a week or so ago. I think itā€™s on 6.1 currently but could be 6.2, not 100% sure. They take forever to come on and are sometimes super slow to respond

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rugedraw not sure whats going onand how much you can check online , but kind of weird that since taking my car to the dealership I've had two updates, a "steering fault" error, and somehow my speedo is now calibrated to my new wheels.
VIN: 1FA6P8CF1R5404130
First, thanks for sharing the VIN. Seems you like you've gotten 4 total updates, so there are more than 3 in total out there. The ABS update is 24-PU0201-NCNS-FX followed by 6.1.0, 6.2.0 and 6.3.2. I can see a lot. I have dealer access to PTS and FDRS.

S650 Mustang Any OTA updates yet? 1713487510623-f2

The updates had nothing to do with your dealer visit. They didn't even connect the car to FDRS. The notes from your visit haven't been posted to PTS yet, so not sure why it was there or what they did, but for sure they didn't calibrate your speedo. Not sure FDRS is even capable of doing that. The updates you got were for the TCU and APIM which have nothing to do with the speedo, either. I see someone pulled your VIN the same way I did on 4/5 and again on 4/15, so I assume that was the dealer.

I'm even more confused about the steering fault error, because it didn't report any codes about that to the cloud. It reported a few soft codes (all cars do), but not that. The only time your car seems to have been turned on today was at 11am. No steering fault code reported. Since 4/5, your car started reporting a new soft code in the PSCM for improper shutdown performance. That is the only thing I can tie in to a steering fault. However, it is a soft code and there is no SSM, GSM or TSB referencing the code, so not sure why it starting reporting that or what is causing it. Is the steering fault error consistent, or was it an isolated incident? When did you take it to the dealer and why did you take it to them?

S650 Mustang Any OTA updates yet? 1713487992451-zy

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
First, thanks for sharing the VIN. Seems you like you've gotten 4 total updates, so there are more than 3 in total out there. The ABS update is 24-PU0201-NCNS-FX followed by 6.1.0, 6.2.0 and 6.3.2. I can see a lot. I have dealer access to PTS and FDRS.

1713487510623-f2.png

The updates had nothing to do with your dealer visit. They didn't even connect the car to FDRS. The notes from your visit haven't been posted to PTS yet, so not sure why it was there or what they did, but for sure they didn't calibrate your speedo. Not sure FDRS is even capable of doing that. The updates you got were for the TCU and APIM which have nothing to do with the speedo, either. I see someone pulled your VIN the same way I did on 4/5 and again on 4/15, so I assume that was the dealer.

I'm even more confused about the steering fault error, because it didn't report any codes about that to the cloud. It reported a few soft codes (all cars do), but not that. The only time your car seems to have been turned on today was at 11am. No steering fault code reported. Since 4/5, your car started reporting a new soft code in the PSCM for improper shutdown performance. That is the only thing I can tie in to a steering fault. However, it is a soft code and there is no SSM, GSM or TSB referencing the code, so not sure why it starting reporting that or what is causing it. Is the steering fault error consistent, or was it an isolated incident? When did you take it to the dealer and why did you take it to them?

1713487992451-zy.png
Oh man, you're deep in the mainframe.
I took the car into the dealership for my first oil change on 4/5. The steering fault code was a one-time code that popped up 3 days after and has yet to pop up again. The car drove fine the whole time. As for the speedo, I guess it might have calibrated? The car was around 3 MPH off going 70mph when I installed my wheels and tires about 2 months ago but yesterday it was accurate.

I did have to reset the infotainment twice in the last week. Last couple of days the music keeps playing for around 5 seconds after I shutdown the car and open the door. I started the car up today around noon pst and the infotainment screen was blank so I reset it.

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
@rugedraw can you run mine and see whatā€™s all on there? 1FA6P8TH1R5122023
Had an error message not long ago on the screen but wasnā€™t able to catch what it was saying. Havenā€™t seen it since. Also screens are having issues since the update I got like a week ago per pass app

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh man, you're deep in the mainframe.
I took the car into the dealership for my first oil change on 4/5. The steering fault code was a one-time code that popped up 3 days after and has yet to pop up again. The car drove fine the whole time. As for the speedo, I guess it might have calibrated? The car was around 3 MPH off going 70mph when I installed my wheels and tires about 2 months ago but yesterday it was accurate.

I did have to reset the infotainment twice in the last week. Last couple of days the music keeps playing for around 5 seconds after I shutdown the car and open the door. I started the car up today around noon pst and the infotainment screen was blank so I reset it.
When I did the wheels/tires on my truck, I used FORScan to calibrate the speedo, and dealers don't use FORScan. Idk what to say about that, but the dealer didn't do it. The steering fault I would forget about. Unless it happens again, attribute it to a glitch in the matrix.

As far as the music and infotainment system, we will have to see if more people report the issue. I don't want to blame it on the APIM update. I'm just scratching the surface with these cars and I'm sure I have a lot to learn.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rugedraw can you run mine and see whatā€™s all on there? 1FA6P8TH1R5122023
Had an error message not long ago on the screen but wasnā€™t able to catch what it was saying. Havenā€™t seen it since. Also screens are having issues since the update I got like a week ago per pass app
You got the same updates RJV got minus the ABS update, and you code is reporting a code for the ABS that his car used to have until he got the OTA, so I assume the reason for the OTA is to fix that code, but just an assumption. You do have an ABS update pending on the server, so you'll probably get that soon.

Nothing obvious that I can see causing issues. To anyone here who is just getting a connected Ford vehicle capable of OTA's; welcome to the terror-dome. Brace yourselves. Growing pains are part of the process. šŸ¤£

24BlueStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost
You got the same updates RJV got minus the ABS update, and you code is reporting a code for the ABS that his car used to have until he got the OTA, so I assume the reason for the OTA is to fix that code, but just an assumption. You do have an ABS update pending on the server, so you'll probably get that soon.

Nothing obvious that I can see causing issues. To anyone here who is just getting a connected Ford vehicle capable of OTA's; welcome to the terror-dome. Brace yourselves. Growing pains are part of the process. šŸ¤£
I have a few little things that I have found that bother me on the car but Iā€™m sure theyā€™re part of the car ā€œlearningā€ my driving. But the screen issues really bug me the most lol

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP

1713487510623-f2.png

1713487992451-zy.png
Can you please check mine, Am not in the United States, mine is a Middle East version (Dubai).

Am so curious what it would give you, cause so far whenever i check for updates it says, none is available.

1FA6P8CF4R5413159
Sponsored