• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any OTA updates yet?

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Lots of familiar names here. I figured I'd get on this quick and start keeping OTA history before more updates come out. Is it only three OTA's that have been released for these things so far?
Sponsored

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Lots of familiar names here. I figured I'd get on this quick and start keeping OTA history before more updates come out. Is it only three OTA's that have been released for these things so far?
I believe that's correct. 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3.2

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe that's correct. 6.1, 6.2 and 6.3.2
If anyone who has gotten all three updates can post or send me the VIN so I can pull the update details from PTS, I'll start keeping track of these things

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
First time I own a car that can get OTA updates. I disabled all connectivity on day 1.
If the car works to my satisfaction today, why would I ever want a software update? I really don't understand what is to be gained. To me it's like introducing risk into something that works.
What is it that I don't understand here?
Exactly my point of view, if it’s working fine, don’t touch it!

Reactions: JAL

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Hey, buddy! Glad to see you made it over here! :crackup:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone who has gotten all three updates can post or send me the VIN so I can pull the update details from PTS, I'll start keeping track of these things
If anybody is wondering, @rugedraw has been instrumental in helping countless F150 owners over on the F150Forums make heads or tails about the OTA and Power-Up condition of their trucks.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anybody is wondering, @rugedraw has been instrumental in helping countless F150 owners over on the F150Forums make heads or tails about the OTA and Power-Up condition of their trucks.
Hey brother! I saw your message on the f150forum about picking up the Dark Horse while on vacation. Congrats!

This is what I have so far. Because we are starting this from patient zero (so to speak), I'm thinking of adding this column to the right for you guys to be able to track the file names as they go changing versions.

Attachments

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey brother! I saw your message on the f150forum about picking up the Dark Horse while on vacation. Congrats!
Sure did. Thanks! Just got it back from being ceramic coated and windows tinted. So far, so good!

This is what I have so far. Because we are starting this from patient zero (so to speak), I'm thinking of adding this column to the right for you guys to be able to track the file names as they go changing versions.
Sounds like a plan!

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure did. Thanks! Just got it back from being ceramic coated and windows tinted. So far, so good!

Sounds like a plan!
Nice! I just sent my fox coupe to a shop yesterday to start 6 month long resto-mod project. I'm going absolute ham on it. This is the 11th Mustang I've owned (9 of them have been fox bodies) and this one in particular is a rescue mission I put myself on 7 years ago that is finally coming to fruition.

I've been lurking around this forum for a bit and figured today was the day I wanted to create an account seeing today marks the 60th anniversary of the Mustang. lol

S650 Mustang Any OTA updates yet? 20240416_202843

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So, fun fact, and this may be just a coincidence but i think not...

I hadn't received any updates yet, but, yesterday it dawned on me...

Since this is still off-season up here, i leave it plugged on a maintenance charger which means the hood is popped and for long term i usually don't use handbrake...

Fixed all this yesterday and today getting home from work, 6.1 was ready to install...

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, fun fact, and this may be just a coincidence but i think not...

I hadn't received any updates yet, but, yesterday it dawned on me...

Since this is still off-season up here, i leave it plugged on a maintenance charger which means the hood is popped and for long term i usually don't use handbrake...

Fixed all this yesterday and today getting home from work, 6.1 was ready to install...
When an non-inhibit OTA trigger is created for a vehicle on the server, the catalyst to get it to install it to turn the vehicle on or at least turn accessory mode on. You most likely had the OTA sitting in queue and when you started the car, it allowed the OTA to proceed to the next step.

Below is the OTA dashboard for a random Mustang I found for sale at a local dealer. This vehicle had an OTA trigger for 6.1.0 created for it yesterday afternoon. At 11am today, the vehicle pinged the server back letting the mothership know it got her message and the 336 hour timer started. If this vehicle is not started between now and May 1st, the OTA trigger will time out and cancel and then this car will have to wait for the server to resend the update to it.

S650 Mustang Any OTA updates yet? 1713387681740-wb

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
When an non-inhibit OTA trigger is created for a vehicle on the server, the catalyst to get it to install it to turn the vehicle on or at least turn accessory mode on. You most likely had the OTA sitting in queue and when you started the car, it allowed the OTA to proceed to the next step.

Below is the OTA dashboard for a random Mustang I found for sale at a local dealer. This vehicle had an OTA trigger for 6.1.0 created for it yesterday afternoon. At 11am today, the vehicle pinged the server back letting the mothership know it got her message and the 336 hour timer started. If this vehicle is not started between now and May 1st, the OTA trigger will time out and cancel and then this car will have to wait for the server to resend the update to it.

1713387681740-wb.png

Makes sense, but i had been driving it a few times lately or at the very least turning it on to manually check updates.
I'm just happy it's finally doing them. We'll see how fast the other 2 updates roll in now!

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes sense, but i had been driving it a few times lately or at the very least turning it on to manually check updates.
I'm just happy it's finally doing them. We'll see how fast the other 2 updates roll in now!
Then most likely the OTA trigger was created for you the same day it installed. These type of updates have a high success rate. It's the ones that require the vehicle to be parked while they install that have proven to be a PITA across all connected Ford vehicle platforms.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check my VIN, @rugedraw! ;)

1FA6P8R04R5505181

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check my VIN, @rugedraw! ;)

1FA6P8R04R5505181
No goodies sent to you yet and nothing in queue. PTS shows you have a PCM update pending, but I don't fully trust PTS to show all pending module updates. I'll check in FDRS when I get home later. It's crazy how few modules these cars have compared to others.

@roadpilot Confirmed with FDRS. Only showing a PCM update.
Sponsored

Last edited: