• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

A10 redline shifts

TonyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Performance
New User here, built my Grabber Blue GT Performance Package with Magneride and Active Exhaust. I opted for the A10 because it can shift faster than I can. So I meekly followed the dealer recommended 1000 mile break in, but finally reached that and have noticed when I floor it, the engine briefly lowers the RPMs just before it shifts, meaning letting the A10 shift when it wants and not using paddle. Is this normal, such that I must always use the paddles which forces me to pay attention to the tach?
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
New User here, built my Grabber Blue GT Performance Package with Magneride and Active Exhaust. I opted for the A10 because it can shift faster than I can. So I meekly followed the dealer recommended 1000 mile break in, but finally reached that and have noticed when I floor it, the engine briefly lowers the RPMs just before it shifts, meaning letting the A10 shift when it wants and not using paddle. Is this normal, such that I must always use the paddles which forces me to pay attention to the tach?
Thats what the "M" mode is for, it makes the trans shift manually. You can redline and hit the limiter until you hit the paddle.

OP
OP

TonyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No this happens in regular drive not pulled down to M.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
noticed when I floor it, the engine briefly lowers the RPMs just before it shifts, meaning letting the A10 shift when it wants and not using paddle.
Not quite sure what you mean by this?

OP
OP

TonyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what I'm saying is, if I floor it in D mode so letting it do as it pleases this A10 does not shift prior to hitting the rev limiter, it blasts right thru that point thus the rev limiter intervenes prior to shifting

OP
OP

TonyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's been a minute since I've had an auto trans, last 2 cars were M6s so not sure if this behavior is normal for the Mustang A10 or if I have a problem?

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
If you are sure in D, it should not be hitting the rev limiter. Pedal to the floor never had it rev limit, it always shifts perfect

Still getting use to paddles, never had them always a manual. Hit the rev limit a few times with the paddles cause you have to shift so quick. I mainly play in D anyway, the A10 knows what is best

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
what I'm saying is, if I floor it in D mode so letting it do as it pleases this A10 does not shift prior to hitting the rev limiter, it blasts right thru that point thus the rev limiter intervenes prior to shifting
I know your in D, though have you checked if the paddles are engaged, perhaps it is in M mode and showing in D, an obvious problem

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
If you are referring to the shift lights/adjustable rev limiter in the MyMustang settings, that will not actually limit the RPMs. They serve as a point for you to know where to shift depending on what you set it to.

If you mean that the transmission is not shifting when you want it to, there are a few possible reasons for this.

One is that you have not placed the gear selector into M instead of D. At this point the transmission will not shift up unless you click the paddles on upshift.

If you mean on downshift, then yes, there is a gear lockout. This is to protect the engine from over-revving and potentially grenading. The RPMs will drop lower before shifting to a lower gear when it's safe for the engine to do so.

If you have the gear selector in M, and you are just experiencing laggy shifts, try changing drive modes. I have experienced in the automatic versions of this car that the transmission is much livelier in Sport mode and is quicker to shift; I imagine the same applies to track mode and drag mode. Shifts are noticeably slower in slippery mode than normal, presumably to manage traction.

If you:
- Are in M on the gear selector
- In a high-performance drive mode
- Are using the paddle shifters

Then I'm not sure. I doubt you have a transmission problem though.

OP
OP

TonyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So update: this strange thing happened twice on the interstate on Tuesday, but today while testing 3 times flooring it in D mode(like that's a chore 😂)- the A10 shifted on in it's own perfectly. Hoping it was just a 1 off oddity...
Sponsored