• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark horse redline discussion

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I wanted to make an open discussion about the 7250 limiter on the manual transmission dark horse and discuss the possibilities of why it’s there
1) “a break in limiter” i seriously doubt this first of all ford would tell you in the manual of such a thing they can just throw in a break in limiter and not say it’s there. That open them to potential legal issues, and secondly having it at 7250rpm when the redline is 7500. Makes absolutely no sense for a break in limiter lol
2) a software glitch or update, this is a possibility if enough owners complained ford would potentially respond and figure something out or at the very least tell us why it was done

But lastly and i think i figured out the reason why is

3) drive by noise regulations
These are god awful and a lot of oems are really really struggling to get cars to pass. Man i could make a list of cars that have been nerfed “mainly gearing” because of it.
Ford did this to the gen 3 coyotes by changing the 1:1 from 5th to 4th starting in 2018. One of the main reasons why the MT82s cars are good tick off the autos, gearing makes a huge difference. Porsche had to completely change the stick in the current GT3 because it wouldn’t pass fly by regulations at all even though the auto did. They added longer gearing to help with the DB, Nissan had the same issue with the new Z and just put on super quiet mufflers lmfao

Unfortunately fly by noise regulations completely nerf stick shift cars because testing is done in 3rd at redline and is recorded in a closed course. The auto cars are allowed to upshift, while the stick cars cannot. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if ford in testing went FOCK and moved the redline down 2-300rpm to edge is down 1-3 decibels.

That’s my theory for the day
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
do manual’s need to sneak up on it in order to maintain clamping of the clutch?

edit: would seriously hate if the noise scenario is the reason. That’s enough to get a person ….

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

edit: would seriously hate if the noise scenario is the reason. That’s enough to get a person ….
What are you talking about

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What if the clutch isn’t rated for a redline shift.

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

It could potentially be a drive line issue like they don’t trust the drive shaft or something stupid like that. But man the more i think about it, it’s very likely to be a noise issue. Remember the gearing is the same as the mach 1 and GT350, 1:1 is 5th not 4th like the Mt82 in the GT

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It could potentially be a drive line issue like they don’t trust the drive shaft or something stupid like that. But man the more i think about it, it’s very likely to be a noise issue. Remember the gearing is the same as the mach 1 and GT350, 1:1 is 5th not 4th like the Mt82 in the GT
If it’s a noise issue… arrrgghhh….. I can’t believe I’m about to say this out loud but what about that silly exhaust speaker they make as an ev aftermarket accessory. The one that lets you make an ev sound like a jet fighter or a heavy duty caterpillar or whatever. Couldn’t we use that speaker and blast the opposite sound to cancel the noise?

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
If it’s a noise issue… arrrgghhh….. I can’t believe I’m about to say this out loud but what about that silly exhaust speaker they make as an ev aftermarket accessory. The one that lets you make an ev sound like a jet fighter or a heavy duty caterpillar or whatever. Couldn’t we use that speaker and blast the opposite sound to cancel the noise?
Those don’t count and fly by noise regulations are crap. It’s really bad in the motorcycle world, a lot of brands just nerfs the throttle to keep the noise down. Unfortunately it wouldn’t surprise me on bit if my theory is true, also they can only test production cars. So the oems don’t find out till the last minute if it’s a pass or fail which is why it’s documented so well. Because the oems a lot of times have to delay the delivery of the vehicle or a particular one because well it didn’t pass lol 😂

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
really bad in the motorcycle world….
Sometimes the default mod is the forgotten one…. Lol. Baffles be gone, first then jetting …. first mods on my bikes.

it’s beginning to sound like an item to add to the mod list, just not sure if it’s strictly software or software because of ….

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
While I am aware of the videos being posted, I have not watched them. I have been reading comments. The narrators, have any made mention of the drive mode they're in while on the dyno?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Before we continue the discussion, can we get confirmation of the redline from one of the actual owners that have taken delivery? From what I remember, Carlos Lago was the only one that mentioned the lower redline, and he happened to be using the shift light. Perhaps it’s a software issue related to that?

Reactions: Zig
OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Before we continue the discussion, can we get confirmation of the redline from one of the actual owners that have taken delivery? From what I remember, Carlos Lago was the only one that mentioned the lower redline, and he happened to be using the shift light. Perhaps it’s a software issue related to that?
Middleton Motorsports couldn’t rev it past 7300, it’s confirmed

OP
OP

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
You’re right, I forgot about their dyno video.
But you’re right we really do need someone to get a real log or video of it at 7250rpm

Also i doubt it’s related to the drive modes, that’s an oversight on Ford’s part, normally they just modify the throttle response, maybe play some games with part throttle manifold pressure aka closing the throttle. It’s still early but i still think it’s either an restriction related to HP although no oem tests wheel horsepower, it could potentially be an emissions issue “why do you think rev hang is a such a pain” and lastly noise regulations.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Speculating...

In Apr/May, several posted articles highlighted Ford QC issues and holds on Production for:

- Body panel alignment
- Electronics
- Valves within the Gen 4 V-8

Could be a software mistake, a leftover from Test, R&D, when Ford was working through their issues.
Sponsored