• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

4500 rpm limiter

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Once again, not that issue. I was able to watch the tach stall.
When the tach stalled what did the engine do? Did it start missing pulling timing fall flat? Odd part is the first gear relationship.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
It cut out for half a second, and the trash just bounced at 4500. Almost like when you use the launch control and it bounces till you dump the clutch. But I was driving in a gear going 20-25 mph.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It cut out for half a second, and the trash just bounced at 4500. Almost like when you use the launch control and it bounces till you dump the clutch. But I was driving in a gear going 20-25 mph.
I was trying to find but have been unable thus far to locate when the secondary gets activated/opens.

defiantly a glitch and I really despise those. Had a vehicle do the electric freak out on me all of a sudden and it completely destroys the confidence in the vehicle.

If its consistent it will be a lot easier to find and repair but agreed with the others, this new back to the shop with you.

Bybotie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium, PP
It's just the shift indicator setting from the factory. Raise it to redline and you won't have any issues.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Schedule your dealer visit man. No sense in asking why its doing it. Its the engine protecting itself!

TripleSevenJeff

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse, 2019 GT “777RS”
This did not happen to our car. We’ve already been to the track for a drift event and were able to slide the car no problem in 1st, hitting redline as well.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
It's just the shift indicator setting from the factory. Raise it to redline and you won't have any issues.
I've adjusted and later gone through :giggle:mine a few times.

While the indicator will light up and beep to announce it's time to shift, on the '22 , it does not act as a limiter.

From Page 97 of the 2022 Owners Manual:

Shift Indicator (If Equipped)

Illuminates to inform you that shifting to a higher gear as indicated may give better fuel economy and lower CO2 emissions. It does not illuminate during periods of high acceleration, braking or when you press the clutch pedal.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What Ford actually says in your owners manual is a little different (and also not that hard to find)

BREAKING-IN

Your vehicle requires a break-in period. For the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km), avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow. During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...ingEnabled=False&userMarket=USA&buildtype=web
The pdf version has:

page 275:
S650 Mustang 4500 rpm limiter IMG_0248

page 299:
S650 Mustang 4500 rpm limiter IMG_0249

OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible

dnetbandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Good Morning Mustang family.. I think i experienced something like this, and was caught off guard so don't know if a problem or not.. When testing the car at the dealership, i revved the heck out of it on the test drive to push the car and feel the acceleration, when it redlined, i noticed the engine cut back.. almost seemed like a loss of power.. i looked at the electronic dash and noticed this happened just as i hit redline.. I have owned about 7 mustangs for the past 10 years and have revved the crap out of these cars, and this is the first time that has happened.. not sure if this is a new feature or if the engine has an actual problem.. is this the same thing being talked about here??

Doug