• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

4500 rpm limiter

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
How many miles did you guys have to drive before the 1st gear 4500 rpm limiter stopped activating?
I always shift before 4500 rpm’s, ford dealership said not to go over 4000 rpm’s period until 1000 miles. Doing as they say, figured they know best
Sponsored

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many miles did you guys have to drive before the 1st gear 4500 rpm limiter stopped activating?
Don't Push the Engine Too Hard

This can put a lot of strain on the piston rings and cylinders, and can worsen manufacturing imperfections. As a rule of thumb, anything up to 4,000 RPM is safe in the first 1,000 miles. After that, you can gradually increase the RPM without any negative effects.Dec 19, 2019

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford didn't say there is a hard limiter. But I think there is some limitations with the car until you hit those unknown miles. Do you have a 6m or 10r80?
Ford didn't say there is a hard limiter. But I think there is some limitations with the car until you hit those unknown miles. Do you have a 6m or 10r80?
Don't Push the Engine Too Hard

This can put a lot of strain on the piston rings and cylinders, and can worsen manufacturing imperfections. As a rule of thumb, anything up to 4,000 RPM is safe in the first 1,000 miles. After that, you can gradually increase the RPM without any negative effects.Dec 19, 2019

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you consistently encountered this? I'm not aware of a limiter operating at that RPM. You're the first I think to raise the issue. Some were questioning the engine rev limiter in the 7000+ RPM range, but that was the expected, factory limiter.
Ford says 1000 miles do NOT go over 4000 RPM’s which is exactly what I am doing. I won’t take a chance of screwing up anything that costs that much. I know how hard we work for this kind of money

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
Ford says 1000 miles do NOT go over 4000 RPM’s which is exactly what I am doing. I won’t take a chance of screwing up anything that costs that much. I know how hard we work for this kind of money
Wait. You’re saying Ford says stay under 4000 rpms for 1000 miles?

Again, I’ve never seen that anywhere. Can you reference to where Ford says that?

Remember, your dealer is not the same as ”Ford”. Not by a long shot. Your dealer may or may not know more than other knowledgeable people and there are lIkely as many opinions there as they have employees.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
OP
OP
Jrws1014

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Again, I’ve never seen that anywhere. Can you reference to where Ford says that?

Remember, your dealer is not the same as ”Ford”. Not by a long shot. Your dealer may or may not know more than other knowledgeable people and there are lIkely as many opinions there as they have employees.
I just had it pulled up let me go find it. My dealership also said the same, and a couple of the guys that work there agreed and they have been driving mustangs for a long time.
It really is NOT hard to find if you search right. I get tired of looking up things for people that are too lazy too look🤬🤬

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Regardless of if you want to be safe with the break-in, your car should definitely rev above 4500. You are in limp mode man, there is something wrong with your car! Take it back ASAP!

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I just had it pulled up let me go find it. My dealership also said the same, and a couple of the guys that work there agreed and they have been driving mustangs for a long time.
It really is NOT hard to find if you search right. I get tired of looking up things for people that are too lazy too look🤬🤬
Cj pony parts
What is the break-in period for a new Mustang?
If you need to transport your Mustang early on, a flatbed tow truck (or the car carrier it came on) is totally fine. It's recommended that you don't use a dolly tow truck until after the 1,000 mile break-in period.
Now, this is in your manual but if you read it here it will be easier to find than finding in the manual

I could copy what t says, but YOU need to do a little bit of reading for yourself.
As far as the dealerships, they should all know also what break in miles are
Even my son k ew with his challenger it was 1000 miles, so he also waited. Don’t be so impatient with these cars.

https://www.carvibz.com/muscle-cars...-break-in-phone-as-key-track-use-maintenance/

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
Cj pony parts
What is the break-in period for a new Mustang?
If you need to transport your Mustang early on, a flatbed tow truck (or the car carrier it came on) is totally fine. It's recommended that you don't use a dolly tow truck until after the 1,000 mile break-in period.
Now, this is in your manual but if you read it here it will be easier to find than finding in the manual

I could copy what t says, but YOU need to do a little bit of reading for yourself.
As far as the dealerships, they should all know also what break in miles are
Even my son k ew with his challenger it was 1000 miles, so he also waited. Don’t be so impatient with these cars.

https://www.carvibz.com/muscle-cars...-break-in-phone-as-key-track-use-maintenance/
I think you might be conflating an attempt at a polite challenge to the accuracy of something you’ve posted with someone being lazy. Two different things.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Now, if you have a problem with this, you can call ford
breaking in their engine for the first 1000 miles?

breaking in their engine for the first 1000 miles?

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shopping-guides/do-you-need-to-break-in-a-new-engine

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do any of you not go over 4000rpm for a thousand miles?
Well, it really isn’t hard at all. I will go over that once I get another 899 miles on mine. Of course driving manuals for years, I never much go over 3000 rpm’s when shifting
Sponsored