• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

5k rpm rev limiter

s650matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have a 2024 Mustang GT, no active exhaust, and automatic. Whenever I rev, the car gets limited at 5k rpms. I have 2.5k miles so any break-in period isn’t a problem, but does anyone know why this might happen or if other people have experienced this?
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
if youre revving at a stand still the car has an automatic cutoff at 5k

OP
OP

s650matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
if youre revving at a stand still the car has an automatic cutoff at 5k
I’ve tried revving at 30 and 50-60 mph too in neutral and it still cuts off at 5k rpms. I’ve seen other people rev theirs at standstill past 5k, is it because they’re probably manual?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I’ve tried revving at 30 and 50-60 mph too in neutral and it still cuts off at 5k rpms. I’ve seen other people rev theirs at standstill past 5k, is it because they’re probably manual?
yeah, manual needs to be able to rev beyond 5k for when they mistake 1st gear for 3rd gear, auto will gladly let you take it to redline when flooring it, but normal revving limits to 5k, probably for some safety reason or something idk, personally i like the fuel cutoff, makes the car pop at 5k.

OP
OP

s650matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
yeah, manual needs to be able to rev beyond 5k for when they mistake 1st gear for 3rd gear, auto will gladly let you take it to redline when flooring it, but normal revving limits to 5k, probably for some safety reason or something idk, personally i like the fuel cutoff, makes the car pop at 5k.
I see. I think it sounds cool, but sometimes I want it to rev up to redline just to hear that extra bit. Thanks for the info though.

The Wizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang; 16 F-150
I suspect its because you've gone past the max torque level at that rpm.
YOu should shift to a higher gear or let yer A10 trans do it for you...
Sponsored