• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
One thing I don't think anyone knew, looks like the 401A package gets a different steering wheel compared to the other models. It's got 2 different materials around the thumb area.

Definitely interested to figure out exactly what else the $2900 gets you with the 401A
Sponsored

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
From Road and Track

"A numb front end with next to zero steering feel doesn’t help things, and occasionally creates a sketchy ice-skatey vibe because you don’t know how much grip is available."

Starting to wonder if some reviewers just kissing Fords ....you know what to stay in good graces

PS not dissing on the new S650 - I want it to be good so the Mustang can continue to live on as the last real muscle car ......if it doesnt sell well....just going to be an excuse to turn it electric which I 10000% do not want-

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
One thing I don't think anyone knew, looks like the 401A package gets a different steering wheel compared to the other models. It's got 2 different materials around the thumb area.

Definitely interested to figure out exactly what else the $2900 gets you with the 401A
The different wheel material was fairly evident if you look at photos in the online configurator.

Looks like the only consistent complaint was light steering, personally, I always kept it normal steering mode anyways so if anything I'll just keep it in sport/track

If you must increase steering feel, all you need is wider front tires

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
The different wheel material was fairly evident if you look at photos in the online configurator.

Looks like the only consistent complaint was light steering, personally, I always kept it normal steering mode anyways so if anything I'll just keep it in sport/track

If you must increase steering feel, all you need is wider front tires
Many dissed the last generation because the steering wasn't closer to the Camaro. Now it's closer to the Camaro and they complain it's not like the last gen lol............ or maybe the expectation was that it would be GT350 esque

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Dark Horse embargo is August 1 per Mike Levine for anyone interested.

Last edited:

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
From Road and Track

"A numb front end with next to zero steering feel doesn’t help things, and occasionally creates a sketchy ice-skatey vibe because you don’t know how much grip is available."

Starting to wonder if some reviewers just kissing Fords ....you know what to stay in good graces
TheSmokingTire makes a similar complaint - steering is precise but zero feeling.

It's a weak point in the S550 but I'm surprised to hear Throttle House say it's worse now.

Any reviewer not mentioning this might as well be ignored for the reason you mention. They're too scared to critique the car honestly because they don't want to lose reviewer credentials with Ford.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
@whipple where’s your review??

what are we doing here?? 850…900??

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
TheSmokingTire makes a similar complaint - steering is precise but zero feeling.

It's a weak point in the S550 but I'm surprised to hear Throttle House say it's worse now.

Any reviewer not mentioning this might as well be ignored for the reason you mention. They're too scared to critique the car honestly because they don't want to lose reviewer credentials with Ford.
The CJ Pony Parts drive of the RTR GT actually praises the steering. He even wonders if it's because it's an RTR car. So maybe they've done something that fixes what everyone else is complaining about. Go to the 2:50 mark in the video.

RKRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT MT82 PP1 301A AE MR
So maybe they've done something that fixes what everyone else is complaining about.
My guess is some combination of RTR's use of lowering springs, sway bars, wider wheels, stickier tires with narrower and stiffer sidewalls all probably help make it feel less worse - because the same applies to the S550.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
My guess is some combination of RTR's use of lowering springs, sway bars, wider wheels, stickier tires with narrower and stiffer sidewalls all probably help make it feel less worse - because the same applies to the S550.
You may be right. Because in Von Gitten Jrs GT drive video, the first thing he talks about is how Ford improved steering feel. But he's driving around in his RTR car. So maybe the GT steering is the same as before (as mentioned by all the reviews coming out) and there's something that makes the RTR vehicles more responsive.

I am not fanboy-ing here. Just trying to understand why people are having different experiences.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY

To be fair- all of them actually say it's an improvement. I'm not sure lack of feedback, or those who barely mention it, is actually a reason to question their reviewing credibility. You're kind of gaslighting them by creating such a polarizing statement. All of the reviews make credible criticisms. I think the expectation is that it would be dramatically better

edit: throttle house who has the best, most scathing review, also drives what looks to be a 301A and or 300A trim vehicle which means no magneride and I am curious how much that has to do with it.

Last edited:

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Obviously take every review with a grain of salt, what they feel might not reflect what you feel. Me personally I'm coming from a live axle 4.6l from 2010, so it's pretty much a completely different world for me lol.

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
So, the steering wheel feeling is even worse? Why is Ford doing this after claiming they had focused in improving it????? Lol

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I haven’t heard anyone talk about the brakes, which are now brake-by-wire. Maybe no news is good news, because I liked the feel of my Mustang’s brakes.
Sponsored