• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024+ Mustang GT Air Intake Filters

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
A while back I made a post asking about interest level for new air filters for the Mustang GT. Long story short, I decided to bring another option to market due to not being happy with what is available. Please take a look and keep this option in mind when it is time to replace your air filters.

https://thinkautotech.com/products/2024-mustang-gt-air-intake-filters

The more time I spent looking into the typical filter options, the more I wanted to figure out a reusable filter that actually filtered well. It looks like many reusable filters focus on air flow and not so much on filtration. This is unacceptable to me. Even more so with the direct ram air intake on the new mustang.

As an engineer, I use large scale gas filters in industry and have much tougher standards that we must adhere to for filtering out particulate from gas to protect very expensive equipment as well as breathing air filtration for people. I figured why not bring this tech into an as affordable as possible option for the S650 mustang GT. The goal was to match the OE air filter in particulate filtration and flowrate but also be reusable. Testing so far has exceeded expectations. More to come on that.

I plan to open sales in the next 6 to 8 weeks and will be selling them at a discounted rate for the first run. The actual filters will have the same end cap as the OEM filters.
Sponsored

Seo124

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
I just checked your site. It says you filter from 0.3 to 10 microns with better airflow. GREAT. Even if airflow is the same, that is cool. What are your airflow numbers?
I have 2024 with 577 miles. Just bought the K&N kit but hate the oiling and would like better filtration.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
imo: if we’re gonna be designing stuff let’s do something with the shape.

OP
OP
Mastermind46

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the test filters (same media but different dimensions) we had ~ 0.75 inches WC less pressure drop at 375 CFM.

The issue with changing shape is a lot of CFD modeling went into the oem airbox design. I don’t have the resources to reevaluate a shape change. Cost would have to increase significantly or I’d need funding ahead of development. Plus, I don’t think you’d gain much with the stock box.

My goal is a very good reusable option for maintenance. Bench testing has surprised us so far on flow. That’s a bonus.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
What are you filtering or is it directing?

does it need to be that shape and size or can it simply cover the opening?

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Just bought the K&N kit but hate the oiling and would like better filtration.
Agree, hate the oil filters, they have a tendency of clogging the MAF if over oiled. Prefer dry filters, but want the maximum CFM I can get.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
A while back I made a post asking about interest level for new air filters for the Mustang GT. Long story short, I decided to bring another option to market due to not being happy with what is available. Please take a look and keep this option in mind when it is time to replace your air filters.

The more time I spent looking into the typical filter options, the more I wanted to figure out a reusable filter that actually filtered well. It looks like many reusable filters focus on air flow and not so much on filtration. This is unacceptable to me. Even more so with the direct ram air intake on the new mustang.

As an engineer, I use large scale gas filters in industry and have much tougher standards that we must adhere to for filtering out particulate from gas to protect very expensive equipment as well as breathing air filtration for people. I figured why not bring this tech into an as affordable as possible option for the S650 mustang GT. The goal was to match the OE air filter in particulate filtration and flowrate but also be reusable. Testing so far has exceeded expectations. More to come on that.

I plan to open sales in the next 6 to 8 weeks and will be selling them at a discounted rate for the first run. The actual filters will have the same end cap as the OEM filters.
Your site says your out of stock?

OP
OP
Mastermind46

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your site says your out of stock?
Yes. I couldn’t figure out another way to block payments/purchases while keeping the posting public.

Once I have the production started, I will open sales. The first 50 orders will be $150 and then $175 after that. Should be in the next two weeks.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Very great idea. Thanks for taking time to do this. đź‘Ť

Bob M.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

Have you seen this product? https://afepower.com/afe-power-10-10407dm-magnum-flow-pro-dry-s-air-filter

OP
OP
Mastermind46

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dyno tests been done yet?
Not on the car with the specific filter. That will be done as soon as I get the prototypes. The media has been tested in other applications on vehicles and test benches.

Yes I have. My main goal for this product is to produce a reusable filter that can match paper filters filtration performance and flow as well. The fact that this media is significantly outflowing paper filters and even the test oiled filter is a massive bonus.

Most aftermarket filters do not filter well since they are focused more on flow. There is a lot of independent test data online showing this.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
imo: if we’re gonna be designing stuff let’s do something with the shape.
Agreed. Can we get a better flowing and better filtering filter that fits the factory air box? Car already has a cold air intake. I don't need to undo what the manufacturer already did with an aftermarket air cleaner sucking air from the engine bay.

OP
OP
Mastermind46

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. Can we get a better flowing and better filtering filter that fits the factory air box? Car already has a cold air intake. I don't need to undo what the manufacturer already did with an aftermarket air cleaner sucking air from the engine bay.
That is the plan. New media in the factory box that uses all of the OEM engineering. I am sure there is purpose behind the shape of the OEM air box and lid. Without significant CFD modeling, I would not want to change that.

Another concern with the paper filters is that they will get wet with this direct ram air design. Paper filters do not handle water well.
Sponsored