• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
CA emissions aren't that hard to get around. They have private testing shops.
Sponsored

Vaporized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F150,1970 Mach1 428cj
Removed mine a week ago, really easy, just loosened the intake tube,removed the end vane,carefully unscrewed and pulled the sensors still plugged in out of the way, left the molded triangle pieces in place and used needle nose pliers to unwind the carbon and plastic windings ,reinstalled end vane put back together.. no need to pull the whole tube assembly off…

S650 Mustang DIY: how to remove hydrocarbon filters from 2024 Mustang GT / Dark Horse IMG_3974

S650 Mustang DIY: how to remove hydrocarbon filters from 2024 Mustang GT / Dark Horse IMG_3975

S650 Mustang DIY: how to remove hydrocarbon filters from 2024 Mustang GT / Dark Horse IMG_3973

Last edited:

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Removed mine a week ago, really easy, just loosened the intake tube,removed the end vane,carefully unscrewed and pulled the sensors still plugged in out of the way, left the molded triangle pieces in place and used needle nose pliers to unwind the carbon and plastic windings ,reinstalled end vane put back together.. no need to pull the whole tube assembly off…
I think i like that option better.

FroYo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I did same but I just took off whole tube, it is just easier and more comfortable for me to do so, anyway it is just one more screw that holds it on a throttle body

fender544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Has anyone encountered a check engine light after this? I did this two days ago, drove it about 80 miles and today, got a check engine light. I'm charging up my PC to hook up FORSCAN and try to read codes. I'm a MAC guy, so this is the only reason I still have a PC. It's amazing how many updates you need when you haven't powered up in 18 months...
Sponsored