• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Potentially Spotted Testing With Current Model

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
" While hybrid and even an all-electric variants remain possible for future years, the S650 will launch with the carryover Ford 2.3L I-4 EcoBoost and Ford 5.0L V8 Coyote..."

According to FA hybrids and other variants will not be available right at the beginning... I thought that at least hybrids weren't ruled out thus far... Might have to wait a little longer...

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That might just be for US markets........only time will tell.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Why should that be a Mach 1? I highly doubt we will see special model in the firts model year. They always keep those models for later years so early adopters have a reason to upgarde

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well, of course nothing is guaranteed, but the exhaust is definitely from the current Mach 1......and those tires look like Cup 2s (or just very bald PS4Ss lol).

Also, the GT350 debuted in the '15MY, even if it was less than 200 units.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
More than likely how they benched the 2015 GT Performance Package against the 2013 BOSS they are benching the new GT Performance Package against the Mach1.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Besides, if the S650 gets a special edition straight away I would be happy but I doubt it. It'll take at least until christmas or 2024 before we get a Boss. In addition, I don't think it will be another Mach 1 or Bullit. We had those.
My guess: No Shelby 350 but a fully loaded hybrid Boss.

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Besides, if the S650 gets a special edition straight away I would be happy but I doubt it. It'll take at least until christmas or 2024 before we get a Boss. In addition, I don't think it will be another Mach 1 or Bullit. We had those.
Bingo

Birddogjr350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150 FX4 2016 ford explorer Sport
My Guess is this a Gt-HP car and there benchmarking it against the current Mach 1 to see how it compares. ie: handling/HP

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Why should that be a Mach 1? I highly doubt we will see special model in the firts model year. They always keep those models for later years so early adopters have a reason to upgarde
What if it isn't a mach-1, but rather, the normal gt, maybe with a performance pack? When the mach-1 was revealed a few years ago, I had a feeling that it was essentially a mechanical precursor to the next gen gt. In that the next gen gt would get the tremec 6-speed, the same 5.0, and most of the same suspension bits as the mach-1. Looks like I may have been right.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Would make sense, a boss with a hybrid system could easily make 550-600 hp, making it an excellent gt350 replacement providing they can nail the handling and keep the weight down. I've heard the voodoo won't be making a return, but the predator probably will, which is interesting. Imagine a halo mustang with the gt500's engine and a hybrid system, along with things like active areo and some composite components to reduce weight. That would be an awesome car to send off the last ICE mustang with.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
What if it isn't a mach-1, but rather, the normal gt, maybe with a performance pack? When the mach-1 was revealed a few years ago, I had a feeling that it was essentially a mechanical precursor to the next gen gt. In that the next gen gt would get the tremec 6-speed, the same 5.0, and most of the same suspension bits as the mach-1. Looks like I may have been right.
They did take the S197 Boss as a benchmark for the S550 GT (PP) and it turned out well. If the S650 GT drives as good as the Mach 1 and has all the upsides of a refreshed car I would absolutely consider it. Especially as a convertible.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Especially as a convertible.
doesn't that nullify/neuter/remove all performance pretenses and capabilities of the chassis?

There is absolutely NOTHING in that photo to suggest 'mach 1' - barely that it might be a performance trim of some kind. I've lost all respect/regard for that website. It's just churning nonsense "articles" for click-farm/spamming. A bot could do better.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
There is absolutely NOTHING in that photo to suggest 'mach 1' - barely that it might be a performance trim of some kind.
Those big ass tires, quad tipped exhaust, and what appears to be a camouflaged chin spoiler would typically be indicative of a performance trim of some sort....

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I’m thinking it’s the GT finally getting some love.

ford could clean things up with a base model, a hot performer (GT) and an ultra high performer (Boss/Mach 1/Cobra)

derivatives and legacy badges can fill in the space in later years.
Sponsored