• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
My big question on the potential 2020 hybrid is if it will be setup like the Prius where it powers only one axle, or setup so that the electric motors sit on the front wheels, essentially creating an AWD Mustang with V8 like power.
He answers that in the article - they still haven't chosen the exact configuration.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I'm holding out for my flying car.

This is the 1990s all over for Ford. Ignoring passenger cars in favor of their "SUV future". Meanwhile Camrys, Corrolas, Accords, and Civics outsell every Ford SUV.
It's not just Ford tbough.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
My big question on the potential 2020 hybrid is if it will be setup like the Prius where it powers only one axle, or setup so that the electric motors sit on the front wheels, essentially creating an AWD Mustang with V8 like power.
Most longitudinal hybrids have inline motor generator units, which are ideal if you don't want to tear up a body structure. Generally a small battery in the trunk, under or behind seats, with your HV wiring running up the tunnel to the MGU sandwiched between the engine and transmission which complement delivering power to the rear. Some cars have separate MGUs that do regenerative breaking and stop start, while the other is for propulsion. Like the Lexus LC500h which is what I imagine the Mustang will most likely be like to keep things as common as possible with the ICE Mustang if it's not AWD.

If the Mustang does still go to D6, you have a series of other vehicles like the explorer which currently use transversely orientated powertrains. While lame in most regards, it does mean you has suspension and cradles being designed and validated on the same platform with provisions for front axles. I supposed you could have smaller motors up front with the engine still supplying 100% power to the rear axles. I am not sure if anything like that exists in mass production because it sounds like a packaging nightmare.

More than likely since its a new platform they could packaging protect for a front differential mounted to the engine, and do an inline setup like mentioned above with a 1 spd transfer-case and a drive shaft sending power to the front when needed...

Similar to new Hybrid BMWs.
S650 Mustang 2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed x16-02-18-lexus-lc-500h-powertrain.jpg.pagespeed.ic.n85oM_wLYM
S650 Mustang 2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed xxx6a00d8341c4fbe53ef01a3fcc16e89970b-800wi (1)

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Thanks for that info! I'd be bummed if it wasn't an AWD hybrid, but this route would make more sense. Either way, it'll be interesting to see what comes of this.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Could be then we'll have burning lithium raining down on us from space :doh:
Yeah but you could hide in the massive tunnel network created by his The Boring Company to hide from the debris!

You see, this is all one big ploy for Munsk's taking over of the world.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
Yeah but you could hide in the massive tunnel network created by his The Boring Company to hide from the debris!

You see, this is all one big ploy for Munsk's taking over of the world.
Musk's end goal is to drive his personal car down his personal tunnel highway on his personal planet (Mars). :D

His personal 2007 Tesla Roadster is currently sitting atop a Falcon Heavy awaiting launch to an orbit that is of Mars distance from Earth.

Sorry to go off topic - it' s a fun time to be a space enthusiast :cheers:

DrGrabster

UK Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E63 Estate. 5.5L biturbo V8 rwd
Musk's end goal is to drive his personal car down his personal tunnel highway on his personal planet (Mars). :D

His personal 2007 Tesla Roadster is currently sitting atop a Falcon Heavy awaiting launch to an orbit that is of Mars distance from Earth.

There are 25394 members of Mustang6g listed. If we each chipped in $3,544 we could buy a Falcon Heavy off Musk and launch a Bullitt into outer space.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible

Musk is long on promises but short on delivery except more money into his own pocket that is.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I'd rather us crowd fund a mission to shoot Blaqhole, Hotlap, drew.peacock and Chaddicus into the sun.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I know '21MY/S550 Refresh#2 information is thin on the ground, but lets try and keep this on topic :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored