• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
20k difference (just base MSRPs and the GT is beating it by 5HP now) is huge in competing with the Corvette...

I know that there are a lot of people with kids but I can't imagine it is that much of the demographic unless all of these guys are really using that useless back seat to sell their wives on it while the kids are little.

cairish77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura TSX V6
20k difference (just base MSRPs and the GT is beating it by 5HP now) is huge in competing with the Corvette...

I know that there are a lot of people with kids but I can't imagine it is that much of the demographic unless all of these guys are really using that useless back seat to sell their wives on it while the kids are little.
Which is precisely what I am doing :headbang:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

You are grossly underestimating those that choose a pony car because it has rear seats. Really, you could likely kiss at least half of the sales goodbye, maybe more. Anyone that daily drives their mustang and has kids (such as myself) would likely immediately lose interest in the vehicle. Without have 2 rear seats, you immediately lose that “what if” factor.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
The 2+2 is extremely important. Without it, you alienate anyone who has kids and needs the car for occasional kid duty. You basically start competing with the corvette.
It isn't just "kids". There are plenty of reasons for wanting/needing the "in an emergency" seating and/or the additional space without having to go to a 4 door sedan/coupe or and SUV/minivan, etc. Plus, having driven small sports cars in our "younger days" (Lotus Europas, Datsun Z, Sunbeam Tiger, etc.) we want the extra "protection" and "easier to see" of a Pony car compared to a BRZ/FRS/86 let alone a Miata.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Based off the D6 platform means it's going to be around the same size. Should be lighter.

Could even lose its long hood short deck proportions, which in turn means more space for the rear occupants, but that is only speculation on my part.
The D6 platform is a modular platform with the supposed ability to support various configurations of several different types of vehicles.
I cannot think of any reason why the Mustang could not adopt a shorter version of the versatile D6 platform.

The long hood / short deck design theme is a very basic and important aspect/feature of original Mustang DNA.
It is an essential element of the car’s styling and design heritage.
I could not imagine such a radical shift in any future design language that would not incorporate the long hood / short deck style.

It just wouldn’t be a Mustang.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Should be interesting to see prototype pictures as we get closer. I remember waiting to see the early shots of Gen 6 .:ford:

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
If Ford makes a midsize-fullsize sedan off of the D6 platform, put a 5.0 in it with a manual transmission that'll be my next car after this Mustang.
Yup.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid

Rear seats were definitely a factor in choosing the GT350 over the C7.

Also the engine.

And the looks.

But I have an 8 and 10 year old so the rear seats have allowed me to drive the car much more frequently than I would otherwise.

-T

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Rear seats were definitely a factor in choosing the GT350 over the C7.

Also the engine.

And the looks.

But I have an 8 and 10 year old so the rear seats have allowed me to drive the car much more frequently than I would otherwise.

-T
This exactly. My S2000 was driven painfully little because of it's minimal utility at a time when I had a young kid. Forgetting the back seat, the Mustang sells remarkably well for a 2-door to begin with. If the Mustang was a 2-door, 2-seater sales would fall off a cliff.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
This exactly. My S2000 was driven painfully little because of it's minimal utility at a time when I had a young kid. Forgetting the back seat, the Mustang sells remarkably well for a 2-door to begin with. If the Mustang was a 2-door, 2-seater sales would fall off a cliff.
I had a Bassett hound named Chumley when I was growing up. He was great! When he’d escape the yard he’d walk a few miles to the local pizza place and hang out there getting leftover salami and sausage. They’d call to let us know that they had our dog again.

Nice user name.

-T

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The 2+2 is extremely important. Without it, you alienate anyone who has kids and needs the car for occasional kid duty. You basically start competing with the corvette.
I agree. A lot of people complain about the small rear seats or the trunk on modern ponys, but still I would always prefer to have that than what most other sportscars are doing where basically you can't even buy beverages for the whole week in it. I want to drive for fun, but still I want to be able to do some of the daily stuff in the car like go shopping or go on a weekend trip without playing tetris in the trunk or rearseats to fit everything in.

That's what I love about the modern muscle cars, we are at point where we can get the same performance as pure sportscars with 2 seats but you can still use it for your daily driving and you can even use it if you have kids :cheers:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I agree. A lot of people complain about the small rear seats or the trunk on modern ponys, but still I would always prefer to have that than what most other sportscars are doing where basically you can't even buy beverages for the whole week in it. I want to drive for fun, but still I want to be able to do some of the daily stuff in the car like go shopping or go on a weekend trip without playing tetris in the trunk or rearseats to fit everything in.

That's what I love about the modern muscle cars, we are at point where we can get the same performance as pure sportscars with 2 seats but you can still use it for your daily driving and you can even use it if you have kids :cheers:
:cheers:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Nice you remember him. Dog vs. Mustang.....Keep dog. Bye Mustang.
Sponsored