• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Exactly, find another new good looking, fun to drive, modern rwd v8 powered sports car with almost 500 hp that's destined to have a ton of aftermarket support for this price. Then we'll compare. The challenger and camaro essentially don't exist anymore, not in their current form. Aside from the mustang, I don't know of a single car like this that will be on sale a year from now. The corvette maybe, good luck finding one for under 70 grand.
There are only 2 cars in contention for me. Mustang DH and BMW M2 that are in the same performance, handling, price range. As a past C7 Z51 owner, what Chevy has done with the Corvette pricing is sickening. (and so is how Chevy let the Camaro become stale and soon die)

I'll buy whichever is less hassle to buy (I don't deal with dealer mark-ups, ordering and s$@# like that)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
I think the prices are pretty much where we all expected them to be. Any updates on when the order banks open?

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
Numbers are fine IMO, the interest rates if you can't pay cash on the other hand...with probably 2 to 3 more hikes coming before these cars get delivered.

Im nervous about people taking away dealer allocations that aren't even going to be able to afford the car by the time it gets to them.
Yeah those rates are gonna be tough. I went and looked at a bronco for my wife yesterday, found one she wanted with a $2500 ADM. they agreed to give more for her trade because of the ADM and tax savings.they started to run the numbers, mind you my wife and I have mid 700 scores with 4 auto loans paid off and no debt other than my vehicle and our house. The rate came out to 9% over 72 months, 60 months was 7.9% which is still insane.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
It's the end of an era. That is more than a 10% increase in the base price of a GT... You can no longer get a new V8 for under $40K anywhere in the world I'm aware of. I'm sure it'll come packed with a lot of features and performance, but still. Quite a bump.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
Did you guys factor in the price of the A10 in the 2023 EcoBoost prices? Because the 2024 EB comes standard with the A10.
That is correct. The 2024 EcoBoost includes the 10 speed auto (no manual available). The auto was a $1595 option on the 2023.

designatedrhythm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost/Chevy Silverado 1500 RST
The timing

This is something I'm continuing to consider. The timing is bad for me though I have means the buy it. Our first kid is expected in June and I was hoping to seal a DH away come July, even with another rate hike or two. I have enough cash for a decent down payment but won't pretend like I can pay the whole thing. So even with an excellent credit score I'll be subject to whatever rate hikes may come. Guess I'll try to refinance out after a year or so but if I don't commit to the car depending on rates when it arrives, that's an allocation the dealer might go crazy with ADM on and make another enthusiast suffer for.

I'm bummed because last year I probably could have swung the dark horse but a series of unfortunate events and a week long hospital stay wiped any extra descretionary income out. Now I've got some other debt I got to pay off before I could even think about getting a new vehicle. I'll just save up over the next year or two and pray that interest rates go down and I'm able to save up enough down payment to keep my pay payment low. I really want either a fully loaded GT or a dark horse. I saw the dark horse in person at a car show and it's just awesome.

designatedrhythm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost/Chevy Silverado 1500 RST
Yeah those rates are gonna be tough. I went and looked at a bronco for my wife yesterday, found one she wanted with a $2500 ADM. they agreed to give more for her trade because of the ADM and tax savings.they started to run the numbers, mind you my wife and I have mid 700 scores with 4 auto loans paid off and no debt other than my vehicle and our house. The rate came out to 9% over 72 months, 60 months was 7.9% which is still insane.
I don't feel so bad about the 5% interest rate I got for my Maverick last year now.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm glad they didn't raise prices more. I was worried about it. I'm not saying I think these prices are good, but I half expected a larger increase than this.

Hopefully Ford will make lots of the dark horse cars and I will get an opportunity to see and test drive some. Maybe a drive will convince me that I really "need" one.

Otherwise, I'm fine with my 2017 GT. It's pretty low miles and everything works fine. I might do another mod or two. Save myself $60K.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
It's the end of an era. That is more than a 10% increase in the base price of a GT... You can no longer get a new V8 for under $40K anywhere in the world I'm aware of. I'm sure it'll come packed with a lot of features and performance, but still. Quite a bump.
2023: You can no longer buy a GT for under $40k

2011: You can no longer buy a GT for under $30k
Equivalent MSRP after inflation: $40.8k

1998: You can no longer buy a GT for under $20k
Equivalent MSRP after inflation: $37.3k

1986: You can no longer buy a GT under $10k
Equivalent MSRP after inflation: $28.9k

gearhead350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 (sold)
It looks like there may no longer be a 401A package as the screens are standard on premiums. That’s why everyone got 401A & it was $2700