• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
2023: You can no longer buy a GT for under $40k

2011: You can no longer buy a GT for under $30k
Equivalent MSRP after inflation: $40.8k

1998: You can no longer buy a GT for under $20k
Equivalent MSRP after inflation: $37.3k

1986: You can no longer buy a GT under $10k
Equivalent MSRP after inflation: $28.9k
Heh, yeah, I know it's to some extent just the natural order of things, but feels more significant this time given the crazy car market (as is somewhat supported by your inflation-adjusted numbers). New cars are too damn expensive, probably especially those with hi-po NA engines... but I expect/hope some of that will level off before too long.
Sponsored

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I don't know why we debating about price increases? Have you ever bought something new or later than before which was cheaper? I don't think so. EVERYTHING became more expensive since Covid. Whether it is food, fuel, electricity...you name it.

So what did you expect? Buying the newest GT for less than 40K? Come one, give me a break. Had an argument with a guy today on Facebook who was moaning about prices and seriously comparing it with his 2015 Stang..... :facepalm:

So looking at the prices, if a fully loaded GT premium fastback costs as nearly as much as a DH, I would probably go for the DH, because with the DH most options are already included (such as magne ride etc.)

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Watched the Long McArthur live stream, which is really good by the way if you need scheduling and constraint notes on models, and they were talking about scheduling. He said they are scheduling this week for the early dealer order retail builds, for April 17, and saw in some note that Job 1 for these early builds may have even been moved up to April 11.

Last edited:

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
You have to look at the features though. I'm planning on a GT convertible that has all the features of my loaded 2018. It seems like it's $2600 more than a '23 gt conv BUT...

I paid extra for the premium plus package with the digital cluster and heated wheel (among other things). Both those things are included in the '24 GT conv (the curved one too).

I paid extra for the safe and smart package for adaptive cruise. That's included in all models now (if it's in the 360).

There's a possibility that if you want similar features it won't cost much more. Just a thought....

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
If the DH was sold at the MSRP it would be a sports car V8 bargain, but dealers will make sure that ADM stays fully planted on this model. My guess 15K ADM will be standard at start, just like Mach 1.
MSRP is possibly at upstanding dealerships. I locked one in, as have others I've spoken with. I called 20 dealers within 50 miles of me, and 6 responded that they would do MSRP including the one I'm locked in with.

I realize that's only 25-30% of dealers, but it is possible. I wonder if that's more or less than with the Mach 1.

Rag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
Maybe the pricing hike is because Ford knows the interest rates are climbing, and built some of that into the pricing, and then offer better interest rates through Ford than you can get elsewhere. Steering buyers into Ford financing and Ford making more through the splitting the profit margin through the increase and the buyers using ford credit.
My Crystal ball says they will be offering lower interest rates than most buyers can get elsewhere And that is baked into the price hikes.

Then you also had then watching people pay dealers 10 grand over the MSRP. So why wouldn't they jack up the pricing. You were already willing to pay it. Now if the dealers still tack on the ATM'S it'll kill the model .
Maybe that is the goal, force low sales on the ice v8 Mustang and make the push to go all in on the Mach-e crossover and an E-coupe.
Anyone have the build # of 2022 Mustang v8's out of the whole run.

Last edited:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
It's the end of an era. That is more than a 10% increase in the base price of a GT... You can no longer get a new V8 for under $40K anywhere in the world I'm aware of. I'm sure it'll come packed with a lot of features and performance, but still. Quite a bump.
From when the S550 was introduced on the Swedish market the starting price of a GT(PP1) has increased with 67-68% and we are not even comparing to the S650....

Last edited:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I don't know why we debating about price increases? Have you ever bought something new or later than before which was cheaper? I don't think so. EVERYTHING became more expensive since Covid. Whether it is food, fuel, electricity...you name it.

So what did you expect? Buying the newest GT for less than 40K? Come one, give me a break. Had an argument with a guy today on Facebook who was moaning about prices and seriously comparing it with his 2015 Stang..... :facepalm:

So looking at the prices, if a fully loaded GT premium fastback costs as nearly as much as a DH, I would probably go for the DH, because with the DH most options are already included (such as magne ride etc.)
Ford's annual earnings are constantly increasing. They're making more money than ever and yet there are people out there trying to justify cash grabbing price increases...
They have almost zero development cost, reuse quite substantial parts of the car and did some minor improvements here and there. Overall I wouldn't be surprised if the car is cheaper to produce than the S550 was. There is literally no reason to increase the price unless you want to continue milking the cash cow. No reason for customers to justify such a behavior if revenue is up by roughly 100%.

SirQLance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well it will be hard to consider buying it in EU...
On top of that price we get almost 19% of excise added to car value not to mention other fees. At the end we are talking about around 60k $ for GT Premium without options. And not to mention in many countries now we got a lot worse $ to local currency value (10-15% to pay more because of that).
Really sad years for EU fans mainly because of dumb EU politics...

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Ford's annual earnings are constantly increasing. They're making more money than ever and yet there are people out there trying to justify cash grabbing price increases...
They have almost zero development cost, reuse quite substantial parts of the car and did some minor improvements here and there. Overall I wouldn't be surprised if the car is cheaper to produce than the S550 was. There is literally no reason to increase the price unless you want to continue milking the cash cow. No reason for customers to justify such a behavior if revenue is up by roughly 100%.
Ford logs $2 billion loss in 2022, says profit was left 'on the table' - MarketWatch

Turnover is vanity, profit is reality

Ford are losing money big time!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Let's compare 2015 and 2024 prices:
Mustang EcoBoost Fastback: $25,995 -> $32,515 (+25,1%)
Mustang EcoBoost Fastback: $29,995 -> $38,040 (+26,8%)
Mustang GT: $32,925 -> $43,090 (+30,9%)
Mustang GT Premium: $36,100 -> $47,610 (+31,9%)

I think that's not quite reasonable for the GT models having in mind that S650 is not a completely new developed car but more of a bigger refresh. If you look at the Corvette: 2014 C7 Corvette $51,995 -> 2023 C8 $65,895 (+26,7%) for a completely new car that only shares very few only minor parts like the roof unlock handle and a huge leap in material quality.

The thing were it gets me are the prices here in Germany. 2015 GT started at 39.000€ here, based on the US Gen 7 prices it should start around 59.000€, that's an increment of 51,3%! The car is in fact in the same price region of a M240i, RS3 or GR Supra then. To me of the key points of a Mustang is that is insanely much car for the price which just doesn't fit anymore. Even as a big fan of american muscle I think it's hard to justify to go for the Mustang when you reach the premium segment. The Dark Horse will pretty much cost as much as a Cayman S here, man Ford is going crazy...

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Ford are losing money big time!
Ford are actually profitable by themselves but they lost their shirts on liquidating their Rivian shares in 2022. They took a 7.3 Billion $ write off on that. This is one of the remains of the gigantic mess that Jim Hackett left behind which Jim Farley now has the unthankful task to clean up. Hackett was the one who invested in Rivian.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Let's compare 2015 and 2024 prices:
Mustang EcoBoost Fastback: $25,995 -> $32,515 (+25,1%)
Mustang EcoBoost Fastback: $29,995 -> $38,040 (+26,8%)
Mustang GT: $32,925 -> $43,090 (+30,9%)
Mustang GT Premium: $36,100 -> $47,610 (+31,9%)

I think that's not quite reasonable for the GT models having in mind that S650 is not a completely new developed car but more of a bigger refresh. If you look at the Corvette: 2014 C7 Corvette $51,995 -> 2023 C8 $65,895 (+26,7%) for a completely new car that only shares very few only minor parts like the roof unlock handle and a huge leap in material quality.

The thing were it gets me are the prices here in Germany. 2015 GT started at 39.000€ here, based on the US Gen 7 prices it should start around 59.000€, that's an increment of 51,3%! The car is in fact in the same price region of a M240i, RS3 or GR Supra then. To me of the key points of a Mustang is that is insanely much car for the price which just doesn't fit anymore. Even as a big fan of american muscle I think it's hard to justify to go for the Mustang when you reach the premium segment. The Dark Horse will pretty much cost as much as a Cayman S here, man Ford is going crazy...
Harmonized Index of Consumer Prices: Motor Cars for Germany (including former GDR from 1991) (CP0711DEM086NEST) | FRED | St. Louis Fed (stlouisfed.org)

Average price increase in cars since 2015 is 27.7% for Germany, a lot of which is in the last 2 years. Seems about right above. I suspect taxes will have risen significantly since 2015 for a new V8 as well! You never see Mustangs in France because of the €30k tax on them!

The car is placed as a premium product in Europe, unlike the US. They don't want to sell too many for CO2 average reasons, so they will price accordingly. As long as they sell all they make then that is all they need. I would have a new Mustang over any of the others you mention, so a few hundred like me in each country will sell them all.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
that's an increment of 51,3%!
What they are doing over here is completely insane indeed. But in Ford's defense what’s also factoring in is of course the fact that the Euro-Dollar exchange rate has dropped about 8% between 2015 and 2023. And I would not be surprised if Ford Europe is simply forwarding at least a part of the fleet CO2 fines they get hit with by the European Union towards their Mustang customers. Ford Europe for example raised the Mustang prices between the 2022 and 2023 model years by about 3.000 euro. I got lucky that despite the 9 month waiting period on my new CS it actually got delivered for the 2022 price.
Sponsored

Reactions: Ace