• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
Prices are up at: https://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2024/

• EcoBoost Fastback: $32,515
  • EcoBoost Premium Fastback: $38,040
  • EcoBoost Premium Convertible: $43,540
  • GT Fastback $43,090
  • GT Premium Fastback: $47,610
  • GT Premium Convertible: $53,110
  • Dark Horse Fastback: $59,565

* All prices above include $1,595 destination/delivery fee
now we wait on options
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Numbers are fine IMO, the interest rates if you can't pay cash on the other hand...with probably 2 to 3 more hikes coming before these cars get delivered.

Im nervous about people taking away dealer allocations that aren't even going to be able to afford the car by the time it gets to them.
You can still probably get an *OK* interest rate (4-5%) if you have excellent credit.

But yeah, the days of 0% interest are long gone, lol...

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
The price is totally in line with what I thought it would be. No surprises here...for me at least. If we can avoid FMV pricing with dealers I think we've got a good thing here. $60k for 500 horses with a warranty? Sounds good to me!

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Manā€¦ Tesla wins againā€¦ 8-12% price CUTS across the boardā€¦FOMOCO hurrdurdurrdurā€¦ letā€™s RAISE 10%
JFCā€¦ Iā€™m A plan and this pisses me offā€¦ Fn tards

they stopped building fords for people that buy fords.
In all fairness, that'a an Apples vs. Oranges comparison.

Tesla could get away with price gouging because they had a whopping 70% market share for EV until recently.

JerryCarguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT premium 2021 cally
The price is totally in line with what I thought it would be. No surprises here...for me at least. If we can avoid FMV pricing with dealers I think we've got a good thing here. $60k for 500 horses with a warranty? Sounds good to me!
Absolutely, $20000+ less than the vette.... Let's keep this quiet!

MachMe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost | 2021 Mach-E
The timing
Numbers are fine IMO, the interest rates if you can't pay cash on the other hand...with probably 2 to 3 more hikes coming before these cars get delivered.

Im nervous about people taking away dealer allocations that aren't even going to be able to afford the car by the time it gets to them.
This is something I'm continuing to consider. The timing is bad for me though I have means the buy it. Our first kid is expected in June and I was hoping to seal a DH away come July, even with another rate hike or two. I have enough cash for a decent down payment but won't pretend like I can pay the whole thing. So even with an excellent credit score I'll be subject to whatever rate hikes may come. Guess I'll try to refinance out after a year or so but if I don't commit to the car depending on rates when it arrives, that's an allocation the dealer might go crazy with ADM on and make another enthusiast suffer for.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
This is something I'm continuing to consider. The timing is bad for me though I have means the buy it. Our first kid is expected in June and I was hoping to seal a DH away come July, even with another rate hike or two. I have enough cash for a decent down payment but won't pretend like I can pay the whole thing. So even with an excellent credit score I'll be subject to whatever rate hikes may come. Guess I'll try to refinance out after a year or so but if I don't commit to the car depending on rates when it arrives, that's an allocation the dealer might go crazy with ADM on and make another enthusiast suffer for.
Yeah im in pretty much the same boat. My down payment is substantial, but i will have to finance some. I could get around a fairly good rate today, but that will likely be .5-.75% higher by the time I would take delivery. Since I have quite a bit of money put away, I am just increasing my down payment to offset that change.

Im afraid some buyers don't have a clue, and when the time comes to actually buy it, only then they will realize they can't afford it.

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Exactly. Everything costs more today. These increases were expected and not as bad as they could have been. If youā€™re not happy go find another 480hp V8 rear wheel drive two door coupe and go buy it.
Exactly, find another new good looking, fun to drive, modern rwd v8 powered sports car with almost 500 hp that's destined to have a ton of aftermarket support for this price. Then we'll compare. The challenger and camaro essentially don't exist anymore, not in their current form. Aside from the mustang, I don't know of a single car like this that will be on sale a year from now. The corvette maybe, good luck finding one for under 70 grand.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Did you guys factor in the price of the A10 in the 2023 EcoBoost prices? Because the 2024 EB comes standard with the A10.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Exactly, find another new good looking, fun to drive, modern rwd v8 powered sports car with almost 500 hp that's destined to have a ton of aftermarket support for this price. Then we'll compare. The challenger and camaro essentially don't exist anymore, not in their current form. Aside from the mustang, I don't know of a single car like this that will be on sale a year from now. The corvette maybe, good luck finding one for under 70 grand.
Why not add ā€œthatā€™s called Dark Horseā€ to your list? ā€¦
The argument is lousy and people should know itā€¦. Same what happened to the GPU market a year or so agoā€¦ ā€œoh, Nvidia is too expensive for you? Thatā€™s kind of your problem because where else can you get the fastest GPU on the market? Every increase is justified oh and btw I can afford itā€¦ā€
The S650 is a refreshed S550 and quite a few parts are carryovers. The interior is probably cheaper to produce than the S550 interior and most engines improvements were either introduced with the F150 or are minor twerks. Itā€™s not like Ford made any kind of major investment into the S650 programā€¦

Donā€™t get me wrong, I like the S650 in general and maybe Iā€™m in for the market if it arrives in Europe but looking at the facts itā€™s quite obvious that Ford is taking away one of two Mustangs characteristics: itā€™s still a fast, fun to drive car but itā€™s nowhere near affordable as it once was and what made it popular. $53K for a 5.0 convertible BEFORE options is just bonkers. Thatā€™s already 60Kā‚¬ and with options weā€™re getting close to 70Kā‚¬ for a regular Mustangā€¦
The 5.0 V8 is really the only argument to get the Mustang as of lately it looks like. Other cars look good as well, are as fun to drive as a Mustang, have similar power (480HP is more like 420hp wheel) or are even faster thanks to AWD. You can get a M3 for that kind of money in Germanyā€¦

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
It looks like the DH is only available in the Premium package according to the pricing. Pretty much inline what I always thought. I have to admit, its either the DH or the M2 for me. Similar pricing, unfortunately most dealers already have a list that is 12-15 deep.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
This is more or less following right in line with historical precedent.

Made this prediction back in September, and this was using 22 pricing, not 23, so bang on for anyone with realistic expectations tbh:

I feel like most OEMs tend to price relatively inline with inflation with some mild rounding up or down based on standard equipment and packaging. If we take existing models, add a year's worth of inflation according to bls.gov's CPI calculator, and round up or down a tad, we get this:

Ecoboost Base: $27,470 -> $29,736 (est. $30k)
Ecoboost Premium: $32,495 -> $35,179 (est. $35k)

GT Base: $38,045 -> $41,188 (est. $41k)
GT Premium: $43,065 -> $46,623 (est. $47k)

Mach 1 Base: $56,270 -> $60,919 (est. $60k)
Mach 1 Premium: $58,365 -> $63,187 (est. $63k)

This is using August to August YoY inflation numbers. If anything, I'm going to be optimistic and guess that Ford rounds down, especially for first year models, before staging price hikes based on sales feedback. I'm betting the GT will start at $40,5XX and the GT Premium will be $45,9XX-$46,0XX.
Yeah Iā€™m gonna be cocky about the GT premium prediction at the bottom

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Manā€¦ Tesla wins againā€¦ 8-12% price CUTS across the boardā€¦FOMOCO hurrdurdurrdurā€¦ letā€™s RAISE 10%
JFCā€¦ Iā€™m A plan and this pisses me offā€¦ Fn tards

they stopped building fords for people that buy fords.
Were you expecting them to make them cheaper for the first time in 55 years or what exactly lmao
Sponsored