• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

“Next Gen” Mustang Will be Electric (EV) Only Claims Autoline

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
Some places get hail.

Trees occasionally shed branches that land where they're going to land. About a week ago about a 2.5" diameter branch ended up on our roof. I got lucky, and the wind eventually blew it down-slope and eventually off the roof entirely.

I guess you could choose to ignore such risks . . .

Norm
The solar roof is made of tempered glass and can withstand hail better then a traditional roof. In addition, if a section does get damaged due to falling tree limbs or such, the section can be easily popped out and replaced. The solar roof tiles are held in place by an underlying structure with the tiles simply clicking into place. Makes for easy removal and servicing.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The solar roof is made of tempered glass and can withstand hail better then a traditional roof. In addition, if a section does get damaged due to falling tree limbs or such, the section can be easily popped out and replaced. The solar roof tiles are held in place by an underlying structure with the tiles simply clicking into place. Makes for easy removal and servicing.
I love Norm, but he always has a negative comment about any new technology. My father in law is the same way.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember, "new" doesn't always mean "new and improved".
Very true...

But people (especially on this site it seems) need to stop looking at ANY new "green" technology as simply politically motivated, doomed to failure, and not economically viable. The majority of the time this is simply not the case and if you actually gave it a fair chance, you might end up liking it or agreeing with it. But it is change and any change is apparently bad...

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very true...

But people (especially on this site it seems) need to stop looking at ANY new "green" technology as simply politically motivated, doomed to failure, and not economically viable. The majority of the time this is simply not the case and if you actually gave it a fair chance, you might end up liking it or agreeing with it. But it is change and any change is apparently bad...
You misunderstand, I was quoting a "Norm-ism".

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
You're not wrong. But batteries still suck :giggle:
Maybe, but we're becoming a society that depends more and more on them.
I've tried and find it difficult to think of a profession that isn't becoming dependent to some degree on them.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe, but we're becoming a society that depends more and more on them.
I've tried and find it difficult to think of a profession that isn't becoming dependent to some degree on them.
Long haul truckers, merchant marine, farmers, pilots...

Need me to list more professions whose vehicles can't be replaced with current EV tech? Because of the batteries...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I love Norm, but he always has a negative comment about any new technology. My father in law is the same way.
It's not about the technology per se. It is about what it takes away from us, that it would have us believe we're no longer as capable of doing things for ourselves. It is about technology gradually making people become more dependent on it, and less self-reliant in the process.

It wasn't always like that - disc brakes, EFI, and FEA-analyzed car structures for improved crash survivability being particularly good technological steps.

Norm

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
It's not about the technology per se. It is about what it takes away from us, that it would have us believe we're no longer as capable of doing things for ourselves. It is about technology gradually making people become more dependent on it, and less self-reliant in the process.

It wasn't always like that - disc brakes, EFI, and FEA-analyzed car structures for improved crash survivability being particularly good technological steps.

Norm
When you put it that way Norm, I'm 100% with you.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Very true...

An EV Mustang is just asking for too much change. Especially when you've found what you do like in your cars, what you don't want them to have, and enough of your own reasons why.

Cars are expensive enough these days without stepping away from what you know you like, and jumping into something for which there's a real chance of disappointment.

As far as I am concerned, it's fine that you apparently like your Model 3. But I can tell you right now that it would never be a very good fit for me. Too much technology that I wouldn't ever use (and would likely have physical difficulty with to begin with - touchscreens hate me), and too little of the physical involvement that I really do need to have in my cars to be happy with them. Just too much of a mismatch.

Norm

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Norm
That’s not quite technological advancement doing that.... It is unchecked corporate business practices meant to keep people buying new products or services instead of being able to service said products themselves or with the help of smaller businesses....

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Especially when you've found what you do like in your cars, what you don't want them to have, and enough of your own reasons why.
And to continue that thought . . . this is where discussions such as this one have value to me. They force me to think deeper into the 'why' instead of stopping at the overly simplistic "just because it's different".

Norm

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Long haul truckers, merchant marine, farmers, pilots...

Need me to list more professions whose vehicles can't be replaced with current EV tech? Because of the batteries...
I think you missed my point.
Batteries my not be able power those professions vehicles yet but every single one of them depends on batteries to start the engines they do have not to mention peripheral devices like emergency radios and GPS.
My point was batteries are everywhere and we become more dependent on them every year.
Sponsored