• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
thePill is curious as well because he specifically was told and reported on M7G a while ago that the 5.4 Coyote was supposed to be a 5.5 liter engine. Ford would attempt to push the maximum displacement in GT3.

In my opinion, Ford would GREATLY benefit if they could develop another Flat-Plane Crank BUT, a 5.5 liter FPC would be INSANE and probably hard to do.

thePill was under the impression that the 5.5 (or 5.450cc) would be the basis for the GT500’s new engine. He added that MAYBE we would see another FPC attempt at maybe a slightly smaller displacement while utilizing the 5.4’s internals.

A GT350 with a Flat-Plane 5.0 OR, a 289. The continued development on the 5.0 tells us that Ford is still invested.
The Corvette Z06 has a 5.5l FPC
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
The one thing that everyone has been overlooking and ford has been completely silent about is that the new pony will be equipped with auto start/stop. Lets hope that we wont have to turn it off every time we turn the engine on like the other models. I dont think that even grandma wants that on her mustang. 😒
Unclear if on the manual as well (even though Porsche does have it on their manual 911s). In any event, super easy to permanently disable via Forscan.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The Corvette Z06 has a 5.5l FPC
The issue again is getting air into such an engine while utilizing its powerband somewhere over 7500rpm.

The Corvette was forced to move into a mid-engine configuration to try and take advantage of the inert atmosphere towards the rear of the vehicle. Similar to “Cowl Induction” on a front engine car, the engine breathes oxygen from the slipstream.

However, any front engine vehicle is going to pull hot ambient air into the engine from extremely hot surface temperatures AND, airflow is blocked completely in traffic.

All things to consider… but if a FPC runs for Mayor of the GT350, thePill will vote for it.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
We've all see the auto start stop button. Makes sense that they kill the manual on the Ecoboost - and enable auto start stop. The Ecoboost is already designed for this.

The 5.0 has it too, I think - for the F150. But maybe they only enable it on Auto Equipped GTs.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
That turbo looks almost the same as the one on the updated 2.0 in the maverick interesting, honestly this might be the most interesting engine if makes a lot of power

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
That turbo looks almost the same as the one on the updated 2.0 in the maverick interesting, honestly this might be the most interesting engine if makes a lot of power
I am tempted to go with a S650 EB because of these upgrades.... I already have the V8 so the S650 would be my daily. 330hp with 30+mpg (highway) would be nice!

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I would have been happy with just a better flowing head for the 2.3 liter. Real curious to see torque and HP numbers on the new 2.3 liter.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Tesla Model 3
I would have been happy with just a better flowing head for the 2.3 liter. Real curious to see torque and HP numbers on the new 2.3 liter.
Based off of what the chief engineer said in the podcast, I doubt we will see much of an HP increase over the current HO (330hp) model. Sounds like the upgrades were focused on making the engine more efficient for emissions. So maybe a bit more MPG and HP that would match the HO model. Power under the curve though will likely be drastically improved due to the electronically controlled turbo.

Adefend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Ecoboost
If you think that there chance in hell that the default is off I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Every stop/start system, by design, defaults to on.
In sport mode auto start/stop stays off