• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
What ever the HP
Hope the new 2.3 ecoboost engine get more strong no oil leak on timing cover and no water leak that my friend got water leak to cylinder lead him change the brand new engine only at few km in few years in my country !!
Yes hopefully the engine is stronger and they fix all the current problems.
Sponsored

Podsadka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
This all sounds great except for no manual transmission. Maybe I’m just an old man yelling at clouds but I can’t find it in myself to buy an automatic Mustang after so many years of owning manuals.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
This all sounds great except for no manual transmission. Maybe I’m just an old man yelling at clouds but I can’t find it in myself to buy an automatic Mustang after so many years of owning manuals.
Ya I need to get a manual car at some point in my life before they are all gone. I can only drive my automatic in manual mode with the paddle shifters lmao

I think they stated the manual ecoboost didn’t sell enough.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Ya I need to get a manual car at some point in my life before they are all gone. I can only drive my automatic in manual mode with the paddle shifters lmao

I think they stated the manual ecoboost didn’t sell enough.
Something like 10% of sales, but I wouldn't be amazed if that's cuz dealers ordered mostly automatic and people that are gonna custom order are more likely to get a GT. So, the normal person is just going to buy what's on the lots in the area, not wait for a custom ordered i4 Mustang. If Dealers had requested more manuals there is a chance more would have sold.

That said I had been hoping for a nice 6spd 350HP 2.3 in this gen, but with no manual, which kills the idea of me buying the 2.3. I also find the new GT front pretty ugly, and the DH even worse. So.... this whole gen is kind of off the table for me meaning that Ford no longer sells a vehicle for me. I'm tempted to get a Camaro SS just so I can say I had one before its gone.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
So.... this whole gen is kind of off the table for me meaning that Ford no longer sells a vehicle for me.
I’m having a déjà vu moment. So many S197 owners said the exact same thing eight years ago. And so many 15-17’ S550 owners said the exact same thing when the 18’ was introduced. As in the past some will keep their opinions but many others will find a way to love the S650, warts and all.

24PONY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue Ecoboost Ford Mustang
The one thing that everyone has been overlooking and ford has been completely silent about is that the new pony will be equipped with auto start/stop. Lets hope that we wont have to turn it off every time we turn the engine on like the other models. I dont think that even grandma wants that on her mustang. 😒

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The one thing that everyone has been overlooking and ford has been completely silent about is that the new pony will be equipped with auto start/stop. Lets hope that we wont have to turn it off every time we turn the engine on like the other models. I dont think that even grandma wants that on her mustang. 😒
If you think that there chance in hell that the default is off I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. Every stop/start system, by design, defaults to on.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I’m having a déjà vu moment. So many S197 owners said the exact same thing eight years ago. And so many 15-17’ S550 owners said the exact same thing when the 18’ was introduced. As in the past some will keep their opinions but many others will find a way to love the S650, warts and all.
8 years ago they at least sold the Focus/Fiesta ST, the RS was coming soon, the Fusion Sport existed. Ford had other interesting vehicles. I don't care about off-roading so I couldn't give 2 shits about the Raptors. I've never seen an SUV I think looks good let alone found fun to drive and are NO fun at all on a long winding road, or a short twisty one so nothing in the ST line appeals to me.

I don't care if others love it, that has no impact on my opinions or purchase. So yeah, to me as a buyer Ford offers nothing. There is not even a fun car to fall back on just to stay in the Ford family. My alternatives are just hold on to my current car and hope for something I find appealing from Ford in the future or go someplace else, and with the likely hood that next gen will have no V8, and the i4 will not get the manual back, why would I NOT go someplace else that offers things I find appealing?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
If they do like Honda, they will let you save it as "off" in a custom mode, so you just have to switch to your My Mode and it will turn off while all your other settings change to how you like.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
8 years ago they at least sold the Focus/Fiesta ST, the RS was coming soon, the Fusion Sport existed. Ford had other interesting vehicles. I don't care about off-roading so I couldn't give 2 shits about the Raptors. I've never seen an SUV I think looks good let alone found fun to drive and are NO fun at all on a long winding road, or a short twisty one so nothing in the ST line appeals to me.

I don't care if others love it, that has no impact on my opinions or purchase. So yeah, to me as a buyer Ford offers nothing. There is not even a fun car to fall back on just to stay in the Ford family. My alternatives are just hold on to my current car and hope for something I find appealing from Ford in the future or go someplace else, and with the likely hood that next gen will have no V8, and the i4 will not get the manual back, why would I NOT go someplace else that offers things I find appealing?
My comment only pertained to the Mustang. The bottom line is it is 2022, not 2015. Unfortunately things have changed for us enthusiasts. There is no going back.

But as far as going somewhere else, fine, OK, if you need to. But pickings are getting slimmer by the day. US automakers are gone so that basically leaves the Japanese and Germans. For me, no thank you.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
My comment only pertained to the Mustang. The bottom line is it is 2022, not 2015. Unfortunately things have changed for us enthusiasts. There is no going back.

But as far as going somewhere else, fine, OK, if you need to. But pickings are getting slimmer by the day. US automakers are gone so that basically leaves the Japanese and Germans. For me, no thank you.
Sadly the most appealing enthusiast machines are coming from Japan now.
Nissan Z
Supra GR(Japanese/German hybrid)
Civic Type-R
GR Corolla
GR86/BRZ
Miata
Mazda is rumored to be working on a new i6 for a Coupe.

America at this point ONLY has Mustang. No US maker even has anything "fun" for the youth. While Japanese range from fun N/A RWD 4 bangers for entry level people and people that enjoy driving a slow car fast, to 400+ HP twin turbo RWD manual cars, to 300HP+ AWD manual cars. About the only thing they don't have is a shouty v8.

I think right now Korea is the only company with a manual sporty sedan car with the Elantra N, and its getting amazing reviews for how fun it is. The other alternatives are the Golf, Golf R, and the upcoming Integra Type-S. US has 0 competition to those.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
US has 0 competition to those.
'murica is about trucks - pick'emups doncha know? Truly sad Detroit can't (won't?) field a decent car anymore. I wish Japan Corp and Kia the best, may they annihilate the American auto industry just like they did in the 80's.

I think Mazda lost it's way there for a bit but is coming back. I adored my Mazda Protege 5. Mad props for the Asians bringing "fun" back.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I just want to hear about this new 5.4L in the GT3 car
thePill is curious as well because he specifically was told and reported on M7G a while ago that the 5.4 Coyote was supposed to be a 5.5 liter engine. Ford would attempt to push the maximum displacement in GT3.

In my opinion, Ford would GREATLY benefit if they could develop another Flat-Plane Crank BUT, a 5.5 liter FPC would be INSANE and probably hard to do.

thePill was under the impression that the 5.5 (or 5.450cc) would be the basis for the GT500’s new engine. He added that MAYBE we would see another FPC attempt at maybe a slightly smaller displacement while utilizing the 5.4’s internals.

A GT350 with a Flat-Plane 5.0 OR, a 289. The continued development on the 5.0 tells us that Ford is still invested.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
An awful lot of people change their minds on these things after the cars have been available for a year or two and they've seen and interacted with them and with folks who own them rather than looking at pictures of them for a few days.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
thePill is curious as well because he specifically was told and reported on M7G a while ago that the 5.4 Coyote was supposed to be a 5.5 liter engine. Ford would attempt to push the maximum displacement in GT3.

In my opinion, Ford would GREATLY benefit if they could develop another Flat-Plane Crank BUT, a 5.5 liter FPC would be INSANE and probably hard to do.

thePill was under the impression that the 5.5 (or 5.450cc) would be the basis for the GT500’s new engine. He added that MAYBE we would see another FPC attempt at maybe a slightly smaller displacement while utilizing the 5.4’s internals.

A GT350 with a Flat-Plane 5.0 OR, a 289. The continued development on the 5.0 tells us that Ford is still invested.
If they do FPC again, they better at least use the correct firing order. What we don't need is another "cool" engine that tries to kill itself.
Sponsored