• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
What about the convertible? Any changes?
I'd love to see a proper setup with the full hard tonneau like on the 6th gen Camaro and Euro makes, but I think that's just a pipe dream.

Hanging out to see the vert - would be great to have one beside my 2017 GT PP convertible.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I was wondering the same thing. I can't remember who said it, but the gt leak was close to final. It could have different headlights than the base model.

Yes, someone please explain lol. This is either 1. distortion caused by the camo giving the impression of tribars;2 totally different headlights from the leaks.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I still believe this particular prototype might be a very early one with a lot of S550 bits (lights/interior etc). It would be a huge risk to have a full production intent prototype that close to Mustang enthusiasts. Not unless Ford have cast iron NDAs and a fleet of blacked out Expeditions following the S7ampede :giggle:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I still believe this particular prototype might be a very early one with a lot of S550 bits (lights/interior etc). It would be a huge risk to have a full production intent prototype that close to Mustang enthusiasts. Not unless Ford have cast iron NDAs and a fleet of blacked out Expeditions following the S7ampede :giggle:

So many questions, TT, so many.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I kinda see where you're coming from. Keeping these designs under wraps, quite literally, is a headache for engineers at the best of times. Right now, they have dozens, if not hundreds of dedicated enthusiasts basically chasing them across the country. If it was the actual s650 design, I would be concerned about someone trying to pull the cover off at night or something.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I would be concerned about someone trying to pull the cover off at night or something.
Exactly. I like to think of myself as a level-headed, trustworthy guy.................but even I'd have a hard time convincing myself not to rip those covers off 😁