• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHO, 2016 Police Utility, 2005 Excursion
I'm in the minority, but sounds like cheap glass-packs to me....
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Actually Ford have officially confirmed 5.0 Coyote Power for the new GT3,

"Created by Ford Performance and Multimatic, the Ford Mustang GT3 powered by a 5.0-liter Coyote-based V8 engine will deliver the full endurance racing potential of a Ford Mustang for customers globally" Ford Performance to Develop Mustang GT3 Race Car to Compete Globally; Will Compete at Daytona in 2024 | Ford Media Center

However a 5.4 Coyote is technically not out of the question, as a lot of development by Ford Performance & Mostech (Australia) has gone into producing a shiny new 5.4 Coyote which will be run in the Australian "Supercars" Series from next year. This has Fords official approval (and involvement), and should be ultra-reliable with big power.

Although, as Ford are running a 5.0 in the next GT3, this would probably indicate the continuation of the 5.0 L in our road cars.
So I wonder how they will get out 550-600 hp from that motor the number needed for GT3 car. Maybe because of that I thought it's going to be 5.5L not 5.0L.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe
Actually Ford have officially confirmed 5.0 Coyote Power for the new GT3,

"Created by Ford Performance and Multimatic, the Ford Mustang GT3 powered by a 5.0-liter Coyote-based V8 engine will deliver the full endurance racing potential of a Ford Mustang for customers globally" Ford Performance to Develop Mustang GT3 Race Car to Compete Globally; Will Compete at Daytona in 2024 | Ford Media Center

However a 5.4 Coyote is technically not out of the question, as a lot of development by Ford Performance & Mostech (Australia) has gone into producing a shiny new 5.4 Coyote which will be run in the Australian "Supercars" Series from next year. This has Fords official approval (and involvement), and should be ultra-reliable with big power.

Although, as Ford are running a 5.0 in the next GT3, this would probably indicate the continuation of the 5.0 L in our road cars.
I would take the 5.0L displacement with a grain of salt since Ford has kept a lot of the GT3 development under wraps so far. The Australian series has been more transparent with the development, specifically having the engine modeled on an engine stand just for the camera to go over. Interestingly enough, the model appeared to have a 2018+ intake on it but that may or may not be a placeholder. We do know that the GT3 will be coyote-based but they haven't gone into detail about it. For that reason, I think most places will assume 5.0L.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
I would take the 5.0L displacement with a grain of salt since Ford has kept a lot of the GT3 development under wraps so far. The Australian series has been more transparent with the development, specifically having the engine modeled on an engine stand just for the camera to go over. Interestingly enough, the model appeared to have a 2018+ intake on it but that may or may not be a placeholder. We do know that the GT3 will be coyote-based but they haven't gone into detail about it. For that reason, I think most places will assume 5.0L.
I just spotted the big hole in my argument - the accompanying qualifying word "Based".

So it is "Based" on the 5.0, which could mean anything !

"The new Mustang GT3 racer will be powered by a Ford 5.0-liter Coyote-based V8 engine developed by Ford Performance and built by long-time racing collaborator and world championship winning team, M-Sport of Cumbria, England."
Ford Performance to Develop Mustang GT3 Race Car to Compete Globally; Will Compete at Daytona in 2024

Last edited:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I wonder how they will get out 550-600 hp from that motor the number needed for GT3 car. Maybe because of that I thought it's going to be 5.5L not 5.0L.
Sorry, I just spotted the big hole in my argument and the vagueness of the Ford Statement - the qualifying word "Based". So as it is "Based" on the 5.0 Coyote, it could be anything - 5.4 etc.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I just spotted the big hole in my argument - the accompanying qualifying word "Based".

So it is "Based" on the 5.0, which could mean anything !

"The new Mustang GT3 racer will be powered by a Ford 5.0-liter Coyote-based V8 engine developed by Ford Performance and built by long-time racing collaborator and world championship winning team, M-Sport of Cumbria, England."
Ford Performance to Develop Mustang GT3 Race Car to Compete Globally; Will Compete at Daytona in 2024
Mmmmm Neil Roper heads…
Veicomer arent bad either.
Magic witchcraft alien voodoo

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Sorry, I just spotted the big hole in my argument and the vagueness of the Ford Statement - the qualifying word "Based". So as it is "Based" on the 5.0 Coyote, it could be anything - 5.4 etc.
ether way the big question is how they are going to get the power out of it. I'm sure the 5.0 will be available in the gen 7 car.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ether way the big question is how they are going to get the power out of it. I'm sure the 5.0 will be available in the gen 7 car.
Ford got 580 Hp out of the 5.2L Gen2 2015-17 "Aluminator 5.2 XS" and 500hp from its 5.0L predecessor, the (435 hp) Gen 2 Coyote engine. As the current Gen 3 has 5.75% more power @460hp, at least a similar increase could not unreasonably be expected (ie 613hp / 529hp).

5.2L ALUMINATOR 5.2 XS CRATE ENGINE| Part Details for M-6007-A52XS | Ford Performance Parts

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Ford got 580 Hp out of the 5.2L Gen2 2015-17 "Aluminator 5.2 XS"... at least a similar increase could not unreasonably be expected (ie 613hp / 529hp).
The Aluminator doesn't have to meet emissions or longevity requirements. For 2.5x the price of a crate Coyote v3 you too could build a 8500-9000 rpm Gen3

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Im conflicted on this. If it’s a gen 4 coyote I’m happy as the coyote has proven itself over the years and we know it responds well to boost. On the other hand a totally new engine would also be refreshing but at the same time I would probably hold off on the next gen till we know more about the engine.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Love the 5.0 but it's getting a little stale. I'd like to get something with more low end torque

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
A lot of people have forgotten that the coyote originally was slated to only have a 10 year life Span. And that sound clips sound like a coyote with an h pipe IMO. Point being i would be surprised if ford completely dropped the coyote platform. And start over from scratch again, my guess is we will see a 2010 mustang GT as far as power plant. Meaning it’ll probably be a variation of the bullitt/mach 1 engine

just my two cents i don’t see ford giving the mustang gt 550hp with a brand new V8 but i hope I’m wrong

also no good rumors from the plant ford is handing out pamphlets after the mustang front end leaked. Management is mighty mad right now lol

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Love the 5.0 but it's getting a little stale. I'd like to get something with more low end torque
Screw low end tq lol it’s not a truck

I’d like to see a much better more exotic top end IMO take it too 8k or higher

but it’s probably going to be a meh engine update IMO
Sponsored